1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got an email for Saturday laat payment. I'm on a payment plan

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Snow storm was a bust on the east coast...so I should likely be receiving my Tony Stank tomorrow!!!

A very negative review is incoming tomorrow! :nana: :gah: :rotfl

If you ever gave a positive review we would be worried lol

:lol

That's fake news! I have totally given positive reviews in the past when the figure deserves it (Ex: Nebula, Wasp, Spidey 2099, etc.). I just think sometimes my more critical ones seem to overshadow the praise I do give HT when they do a stellar job.

Also, let's be real...99% of the collecting community hate the Tony Stank sculpt. That 1% though... :cuckoo:

Sorry for bringing this up guys since I’m pretty sure is has been answered before, but what’s the deal with the Tony Stark sculpt? Is Hot Toys going to replace them at some point?

Sorry for bringing this up guys since I’m pretty sure is has been answered before, but what’s the deal with the Tony Stark sculpt? Is Hot Toys going to replace them at some point?

They are working on it but it will sometime around September according to them.

If you ever gave a positive review we would be worried lol

I'd take an honest review over a biased one any day. Guys like Jedha and Justin have plenty of positive reviews for substandard figures they got for free you can watch lol

Finally unboxed this beast

View attachment 506096

Very cool looking. Not a criticism at all but just wondering if it was simply preference that swayed your decision to go with this version over the Hulk version or that $200 price difference?

Honestly I?ve been struggling to get a grip (no pun intended) on the different iterations of the Nano gauntlet but I think I have somewhat of a handle on it now. The one that comes with EG Rocket is what?s simply referred to as the Nano Gauntlet. The Hulk version (Clean or BD is the one Thanos puts on, the one that comes with EG CM and of course Hulk) and the Movie Promo version is described as the ?Nano Gauntlet based on the design work from Avengers: Endgame in the early production stage? but clearly doesn?t match the 3 main modes (Nano is default before anyone puts it on, Hulk is after Hulk puts it on and the only way to get the IM Stone Stealing version so far is get the Mk. 85?s). I do find it strange though that it goes from Hulk back to default while Hawkeye and Evil Nebula are running around with it.

Anyways, your setup looks nice, so,was it the $200 or the actual style that persuaded you to go for the ?Standard Nano Gauntlet??

I hate being that guy but is this mark present on other people?s figures? I initially wrote it off as weathering but I don?t think I?ve noticed it in video reviews or other people?s pics.

662974755a948fb00c37a5c3d33e1fee.jpg

Cue the dismissive comments haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate being that guy but is this mark present on other people?s figures? I initially wrote it off as weathering but I don?t think I?ve noticed it in video reviews or other people?s pics.

662974755a948fb00c37a5c3d33e1fee.jpg

Cue the dismissive comments haha

Mine was supposed to arrive today...yet it hasn't...great job USPS! :clap

I guess tomorrow then, maybe? If/when I get it I'll let you know about that scuff mark.

I'd take an honest review over a biased one any day. Guys like Jedha and Justin have plenty of positive reviews for substandard figures they got for free you can watch lol

Don't worry friend, I'll stay as honest and as critical as ever! I shan't change for anyone!

giphy.gif

They are working on it but it will sometime around September according to them.

At the end of the year I’d love to see actual statistics on this which will most likely be unavailable. Not only would I like to know how many exchanges were made (if they even go to the trouble, it’s possible they might just send out the revised head perhaps asking owners to destroy originals) but how many, or what percentage of figures actually went through the process. It’s totally possible they make this a logistical nightmare for individuals to get the replacement or they just send them out to whoever asks. Imagine if HT’s and SSC have to track every single replacement on such a massive scale, verifying that originals were destroyed, charging deposits then issuing refunds once pictures are sent. The postage alone will be killer then factor in the % that the CC companies will be charging for dual transactions (deposit & refund). I’d think that just sending out the heads to everyone who asks might be less expensive overall.

I don't think Jedha has that positive of reviews. I think he is probably one of the most critical of most. He will say a figure isnt worth it. Keyboard Warriors is another that will say if something could have been done better or isn't worth it and they do pay for them. Jedha buys from three different companies.

I don't put ANY stock in other peoples reviews. There have been concerts, restaurants, movies, vehicles, airlines, etc, etc that have received bad reviews that i enjoyed. Then there have been concerts, restaurants, movies, vehicles, airlines, etc, etc that have had great reviews that i think sucked. it's all personal opinion.

so i look at photos and videos and make up my own mind. I watch reviews in other languages that i don't understand just for the video. If something is bad it's hard to hide even on mute.

I have rarely been disappointed when opening the box on one of these because i never order on day one and i look for things that i might not like on a figure before i order. If something seems like an issue after it comes out i'll cancel and move on.

Hot Toys are FAR from perfect and every single one has an issue or something that could have been done better but for massed produced pieces that i have been collecting for a decade they still impress me, my family and friends.

I don't think Jedha has that positive of reviews. I think he is probably the most critical of most. He has said a figure isnt worth it. Keyboard Warriors is another that will say if something could have been done better or isn't worth it and they do pay for them. Jedha buys from three different companies.

I don't put ANY stock in other peoples reviews. There have been concerts, restaurants, movies, vehicles, airlines, etc, etc that have received bad reviews that i enjoyed. Then there have been concerts, restaurants, movies, vehicles, airlines, etc, etc that have had great reviews that i think sucked. it's all personal opinion.

so i look at photos and videos and make up my own mind. I watch reviews in other languages that i don't understand just for the video. If something is bad it's hard to hide even on mute.

I have rarely been disappointed when opening the box on one of these. They are FAR from perfect and every single one has an issue or something that could have been done better but for massed produced pieces that i have been collecting for a decade they still impress me, my family and friends.

I agree they're far from perfect and have issues. The mark 85 is probably the weakest die-cast iron man figure. Strange for HT's bestseller, but they probably thought we'll buy it nonetheless due to the character's popularity. I still feel we deserved a better figure especially since this is Tony's last armor.
I find they've been more critical since we've been catching on to their promotion deals, can't make it too obvious lol. Obviously they're not promoting for nothing, maybe they don't get them free(all the time lol) but heavily discounted for sure.

Mine was supposed to arrive today...yet it hasn't...great job USPS! :clap

I guess tomorrow then, maybe? If/when I get it I'll let you know about that scuff mark.

Ah bummer. Hope you get it soon. Thanks.

Not present on mine.

Thanks!

I think that award still goes to the Mark 3...undersized, bad articulation, incorrect details. I haven't got this 85 yet though.

Agreed wholeheartedly. Definitely the 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back