1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should have included them, there are a lot of great older armors out there. I have all the DC figures and i would rate a few of my all plastic ones in my top 10 over some of the DC ones.

As would I. Shotgun is one of the best engineered armors to date, Starboost is stunningly unique yet believable, Blue Steel while not particularly poseable has a fantastic shelf presence, Gamma has a color scheme that pops more than Striker while having all the uniqueness and Python combines the best of of the Mk. VII and Heartbreaker into 1 fantastic armor. Currently, I am having a hard time keeping my hands off Disco, one of the strangest color schemes, trying to find that perfect pose and as much as I love the off color ways armors, Retro Sneaky has a sleek majestic quality to it. I was always on board with the promise of the competition of the HPP line, and while some armors like the Mk. 8, 10 and 37/Hammerhead never really interested me there are still quite a few I wish were made. Like many IM freaks, Nightclub is at the top of my list but I would love Jack which almost made it to PO, and then there are ones like Casanova, Romeo and Tiger which I think would look great in a display.

Basically, I do not discriminate between diecast and full plastic and that list was really just putting my personal order to the main line armors excluding all HPP suits. Granted, my diecast Mk. VI would be the absolute last figure I would part with but if I had to widdle down to 10, there would most definitely be some HPP armors in there!

Regarding the triangle chest RT, short answer is yes, I do love it. Actually the first ?high end collectible? that started me down this road of ruin was actually the SSC Mk. VI 1/4 that I knew nothing about and saw for the first time when I was at a comic store while visiting my father the Christmas after IM2. I bought it on the spot and now I?m buried in this crap :lol. But aside from that, I have come to appreciate the subtle different color ways on the VI vs the IV. Particularly the extra silver bits where it is just red or gold on the IV. And lastly, the ?Stark Element? made the VI, which was not technically a substantial upgrade of an armor compared to the IV much more powerful than its palladium powered predecessor. Does that answer your question?

That's a nice story, and I can relate to maintaining an affinity for one's first HT figure. Mine was the original plastic Mark III that I bought off eBay after first hearing about HT from my local comic shop guy. Even though it now looks woefully outdated, I still can't quite bring myself to remove it from my display lol.

The Mark IV was my favorite (despite its brief screen time) due to it being a great representation of the "classic" suit. I've also grown to really love the Mark VI, but initially I confess I saw the triangular arc reactor as a bit gimmicky - more to sell toys than anything else. But as more and more suits were shown (especially all the HPP variations), in my mind it (as well as the silver bits you mentioned) just became a natural step in the evolution of Tony's designs in the MCU.

Finally unboxed this beast

A58883DA-3D87-470E-ABC7-F0E435C4B42B.jpg

I recently pre-ordered this guy on sideshow, but it still says "shipping in February". Is he going to ship soon or is the website wrong? First iron man figure so I'm hella hyped

I recently pre-ordered this guy on sideshow, but it still says "shipping in February". Is he going to ship soon or is the website wrong? First iron man figure so I'm hella hyped

How recently did you pre-order? I pre-ordered last year (or more!) from Sideshow and got mine about 3 weeks ago. I was under the impression that they were shipping them out now. Usually they keep a figure under the "pre-order" umbrella for a few weeks after they receive their shipment and are busy shipping them out. Once all the pre-orders are filled, they say the figure is "in stock". So technically I thought the figure was indeed "in stock".

And yes, I would recommend you call Sideshow and ask. Tell them you have noticed others that ordered from them have already gotten theirs.

Anyone else who pre-ordered from Sideshow still waiting for it to ship?

How recently did you pre-order? I pre-ordered last year (or more!) from Sideshow and got mine about 3 weeks ago. I was under the impression that they were shipping them out now. Usually they keep a figure under the "pre-order" umbrella for a few weeks after they receive their shipment and are busy shipping them out. Once all the pre-orders are filled, they say the figure is "in stock". So technically I thought the figure was indeed "in stock".

And yes, I would recommend you call Sideshow and ask. Tell them you have noticed others that ordered from them have already gotten theirs.

Anyone else who pre-ordered from Sideshow still waiting for it to ship?

I po'd on the 14th (this month). The reason I asked was because I thought I read somewhere on here that they're pushing back the release for the new headsculpt swap. I could've misinterpreted the post(s) though. Personally, I'm fine with either headsculpt tbh

Mine should be arriving on Friday, pending no delays from the upcoming winter storm...looking forward to thoroughly hating on the headsculpt in-hand! :lol

I po'd on the 14th (this month). The reason I asked was because I thought I read somewhere on here that they're pushing back the release for the new headsculpt swap. I could've misinterpreted the post(s) though. Personally, I'm fine with either headsculpt tbh

If there is another order coming don't forget how back up the cargo ships are right now and the ports are REALLY backed up. Dozens of ships waiting to dock and be unlaoded. It's basically order and forget right now.

I pre ordered day one nearly two years ago and have yet to so much as get the email telling me mine is on its way :/

Mine should be arriving on Friday, pending no delays from the upcoming winter storm...looking forward to thoroughly hating on the headsculpt in-hand! :lol

I've got my tracking number, but it doesn't look like USPS has taken possession yet. Looks like Monday at the earliest for my disdain to officially commence lol.

Then again, liking it just to annoy you has a certain allure....:rotfl

They are shipping these out with the weird bad head sculpt, and will send people a new one (the one in the original promo shots) in the fall I think.

I pre ordered day one nearly two years ago and have yet to so much as get the email telling me mine is on its way :/

That's crazy! And you ordered from Sideshow? Did you do flexpay?

My account says I ordered in August 2020 and it went up for sale April 1.

I've got my tracking number, but it doesn't look like USPS has taken possession yet. Looks like Monday at the earliest for my disdain to officially commence lol.

Then again, liking it just to annoy you has a certain allure....:rotfl

You are a sadistic individual! I can only hope your elderly neighbor gets her hands on this package before you! You can look on the bright side though, you can't taint an already bad headsculpt! :lol

That's crazy! And you ordered from Sideshow? Did you do flexpay?

My account says I ordered in August 2020 and it went up for sale April 1.

Ordered April 1st 2019, had it confirmed the 2nd, and was on flexpay with one payment remaining until the 24th of January 2021 when I paid the rest off (I was under the assumption they?d send me an email giving the option to move the payment up early for the delivery as id seen a few screenshots of such messages)

Called up Sideshow when the second batch was being shipped out and I still hadn?t gotten a message while people who had ordered just the week before were already getting theirs in hand and was told that particular shipment wasn?t a big one and that it was likely just an error that my order wasn?t processed while those others? were. Was told that the next shipment should be in a few days, was probably about 2-3 weeks ago. Still no email.

I ordered this on April 1st 2019 and still no email. I just hope this ships soon.
Likewise, though honestly the bitterness I?m getting from the wait is making me doubt if I even want it anymore. I?m sure it?ll help to actually have it in hand though, especially once they start shipping out the new head sculpts when HK finishes making them.

I got mine about a week ago from SSC. Just opened it up today. I?m okay with the Tony sculpt, but can see why so many people hated it. My biggest gripe is that it is next to impossible to remove the thigh covers to install batteries. I wonder how SSC will be able to get me the replacement Tony sculpt in the future?

P.S. I ordered on October 9th, 2019. I used a discount code and a gift card, and have been flexing since then.

Back