1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder what happens to those like me who aren't in the US but their retailer is supplied by Sideshow?
I'd expect the same end result, but you'd just be going through your retailer.
If, for some reason, Sideshow don't automatically notify and supply their wholesale customers, then you may just need to explain the situation to your retailer so they can follow it up with Sideshow.

I've not been following the thread but in a nutshell what is wrong with the original HS?

Been thinking about adding this to my collection so just wanted bro make sure I'm getting the best version

Thanks

Neil

I'd expect the same end result, but you'd just be going through your retailer.
If, for some reason, Sideshow don't automatically notify and supply their wholesale customers, then you may just need to explain the situation to your retailer so they can follow it up with Sideshow.

Cool I'll double check, thanks.

Got my shipping notification from SS this morning. Definitely looking forward to this one, and then I?ll await to see how this actual HS deal plays out haha 😂

Couldn?t post the screenshot I took here (no idea how to upload an image here) so here?s the link to the update, click the Red English tab on the right
https://www.hottoys.jp/support/variant-head-switch-program.html?fbclid=IwAR2N7LO6kDw941Sxi6d4ftCz

Google translation:

Thank you for purchasing the above Hot Toys product.
This product has a "Variant Head Transfer Program" .

If you wish, this program will replace Tony Stark's head parts (original head) that come with the product with newly manufactured head parts (variant head) based on the previously announced prototype, free of charge. It will be exchanged.

Hot Toys has prepared this special service for this global hit product with the aim of increasing user satisfaction.

We hope that this new item in your collection will be loved for a long time as something more special.

I saw people posting on FB and yeah it's the original headsculpt. Baffling now considering HT's statement.

Okay, so HT could have avoided all this and gone with the original solicited headsculpt from the get-go...yet they didn't and decided for whatever reason to go with this inferior, low-quality downgrade...WTF HT??? :gah:

Can someone explain that one to me??? Like seriously...and now we, the customers, are the ones who have to pay the price with a delayed 3rd QR 2021 release because of their boneheaded blundering decision???

I've got soooo much bad will towards them...ughhhh...

leo-glass-smash-the-departed.gif

Okay, so HT could have avoided all this and gone with the original solicited headsculpt from the get-go...yet they didn't and decided for whatever reason to go with this inferior, low-quality downgrade...WTF HT??? :gah:

Can someone explain that one to me??? Like seriously...and now we, the customers, are the ones who have to pay the price with a delayed 3rd QR 2021 release because of their boneheaded blundering decision???

The reason I got it from HK was to see for myself and give a fair assessment of the new head sculpt but if I had known that their shipment to Sideshow wasn't delayed at all and was still the new head sculpt, I would have waited. Screw Hot Toys for just not doing it right on the get go. The very first head sculpt wasn't good either. 10 years to get the likeness right on what probably is their best selling product but they can't do it.

Its a toy dude, get a grip. They don't owe you or anyone else anything, don't like it don't buy it. This endless shrieking, entitled behavior makes these hobbies embarrassing to be a part of

This whole debacle is probably going to push them to not make changes on anything the solicit with an unblurred head.

This whole debacle is probably going to push them to not make changes on anything the solicit with an unblurred head.

Yeah if they had blurred out the head nobody could complain (about switching). I am very happy some got put on the ship before the recall so i wouldn't have to buy elsewhere to get the original headscuplt. Mine should be in my hands Tuesday

Its a toy dude, get a grip. They don't owe you or anyone else anything, don't like it don't buy it. This endless shrieking, entitled behavior makes these hobbies embarrassing to be a part of

For real. Additionally. I cannot understand complaints about delays unless one had pre-ordered. It's like "Omg now I have to wait x more months to spend $500+ dollars! I want to spend my money NOW not later!". :lol

Like, it's eventually going to release and if it's not to one's liking, don't spend the money, which in the end is better isn't it? I feel like most people complain but end up buying the figures anyway, usually citing reasons like "Oh I have so and so figure so I need this one" or just not admitting to actually purchasing the figure.

In the end, these things are a luxury, not a necessity.

I ordered mine through Popcultcha. I don't even know what's going on and their Customer Service has taken a hit the last few months. No emails, nothing. I'll wait, I suppose.

Hmmm... this is going to be tough for me. I don' know which one I will choose then. To my eyes, they are both equally bad. I might go for the newer head in this case rather than the prototype based on the photos.

This is purely my guess, bu the timing coincides with Kojun leaving Hot Toys to form his own company. Maybe there is sales incentive towards the sculptor/artist? and it makes it complicated if the artist is not with the company anymore? So Hot toys boss made certain decisions..? And it back-fired big time?
Kinda makes sense? no? :panic:

I got the emails from Sideshow last week but he didn’t ship on Friday. Hopefully he ships out tomorrow based on the first notification I got from them. Fingers crossed!

I got the emails from Sideshow last week but he didn?t ship on Friday. Hopefully he ships out tomorrow based on the first notification I got from them. Fingers crossed!

Mine actually shipped Friday but even though it?s already at its final destination before going out for delivery ( assuming UPS had a busy weekend moving packages) it?s still showing Thursday for delivery. 🤦🏼*♂️

Back