1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
02o4Xpzh.jpg

A few of the toy show pictures showed that same neck and we all assumed it was set up by a complete moron who didn't put the head on all the way

Exactly. The JC Hong test painting ones look okay, but we all know WE won't be receiving that one. The final production ones are essential low quality renders.

Proportions look way off from the prototype pics. He looks like Lurch from the Addams family in a museum pose. This bait and switch bull**** needs to stop. Hooking us with a great prototype and then shipping out a subpar figure. They can't keep feeding us crap and expecting us to say thank you :gah:

Proportions look way off from the prototype pics. This bait and switch bull**** needs to stop. Hooking us with a great prototype and then shipping out a subpar figure. Hopefully this will wake them up. They can't keep feeding us crap and expecting us to say thank you :gah:

I mean just don't buy it. We are literately getting two Mark 85s, and the half-ass of this one is likely to save money for the extra paint detail and accessories of the battle damage.

There are going to be a percentage of people that will almost buy anything, and I get that, but ya know what, I have 4 gold and red iron men already, and feel just fine skipping this release.

And this figure is likely to get re-released at some point with a different paint scheme (gold, copper, stealth colors), so don't worry, this armor going to be reused at least 2 more times.

Hi all, got mine today.

If you're like me where the classic Iron Man color scheme is a deciding factor for which Iron Man to collect, I put together a few comparison pics between Mk 6, Mk 46CA, and Mk 85. These 3 are the closest we got thus far, at least to me.

Thanks for the stellar review and comparison! For now, I'm leaving my pre-order unchanged seeing as how we got some more waiting to do, I'll hold out hope that HT does right by the customers/fans.

Proportions look way off from the prototype pics. He looks like Lurch from the Addams family in a museum pose. This bait and switch bull**** needs to stop. Hooking us with a great prototype and then shipping out a subpar figure. They can't keep feeding us crap and expecting us to say thank you :gah:

Hear, hear. That's my philosophy 110%! It's just a shame that HT decided to phone it in on the very last on-screen appearance of Iron Man though...kinda disrespectful if you think about it lol.

If they do keep up the bait and switch tactic, I really do hope some super duper rich collector with too much time on his/her hand takes the initiative to file a lawsuit for false advertising. :lol

I mean just don't buy it. We are literately getting two Mark 85s, and the half-ass of this one is likely to save money for the extra paint detail and accessories of the battle damage.

There are going to be a percentage of people that will almost buy anything, and I get that, but ya know what, I have 4 gold and red iron men already, and feel just fine skipping this release.

And this figure is likely to get re-released at some point with a different paint scheme (gold, copper, stealth colors), so don't worry, this armor going to be reused at least 2 more times.

You're right. Still, that's not the point. Canceling a pre-order is cheaper than buying this toys r us piece of crap but deposits don't get refunded. Even the battle damaged version is half-assed. We couldn't get a second headsculpt with the damage after the snap or another led under the cracks in the chest plate to accurately mimic the snap scene. Even an unarmored left hand :slapScreenshot_20201229-215226_UPlayer.jpgScreenshot_20201229-214447_UPlayer.jpgScreenshot_20201229-215133_UPlayer.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201229-214410_UPlayer.jpg
    Screenshot_20201229-214410_UPlayer.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 224
You're right. Still, that's not the point. Canceling a pre-order is cheaper than buying this toys r us piece of crap but deposits don't get refunded. Even the battle damaged version is half-assed. We couldn't get a second headsculpt with the damage after the snap or another led under the cracks in the chest plate to accurately mimic the scene.

I mean I got my desposit refunded as well as many here. If you order from SS, no questions asked. If you really think its not good, don't buy it, get your deposit back. That is the point. They are in a business to sell things. Complaining only goes so far. Money is the thing that ultimately talks.

I mean I got my desposit refunded as well as many here. If you order from SS, no questions asked. If you really think its not good, don't buy it, get your deposit back. That is the point. They are in a business to sell things. Complaining only goes so far. Money is the thing that ultimately talks.

Sure money talks. But it's consumers money, like yours and mine, that made them what they are. I just don't like someone pissing on me and telling me it's rain. Especially after we've been supporting a costly hobby.

Hi all, got mine today.

If you're like me where the classic Iron Man color scheme is a deciding factor for which Iron Man to collect, I put together a few comparison pics between Mk 6, Mk 46CA, and Mk 85. These 3 are the closest we got thus far, at least to me.

All museum poses because I'm terrible at posing figures.

First off, mine has no shoulder joint protrusion issue as some have reported...thank goodness.

Thank you for the comparison! Unfortunately yours does have the pad stick out issue that is the bugbear of most. As circled below,

0t1azY0h.jpg

Thanks everyone!

Thank you for the comparison! Unfortunately yours does have the pad stick out issue that is the bugbear of most. As circled below,

View attachment 502509

Huh, you are right!! Borrowing your earlier post from Owen's FB, I thought the protrusion issue was just the unsightly gap between the shoulder pad and torso. The fact that the pad doesn't sit flush with the upper arm wasn't even something I was looking for...now I can't stop seeing it.
YuWlg2T.jpg

:gah:

Though on a second look, I might have misunderstood the issue to begin with. What Owen showed is that the arms should be closer to the torso altogether. But all the Mk 85's, at least from what I've seen so far, seem to have this new joint...unless there's something else I'm missing.

Hopefully HT will rectify this with upcoming batches as they fix the head sculpt.

Thanks everyone!

Huh, you are right!! Borrowing your earlier post from Owen's FB, I thought the protrusion issue was just the unsightly gap between the shoulder pad and torso. The fact that the pad doesn't sit flush with the upper arm wasn't even something I was looking for...now I can't stop seeing it.
YuWlg2T.jpg

:gah:

Though on a second look, I might have misunderstood the issue to begin with. What Owen showed is that the arms should be closer to the torso altogether. But all the Mk 85's, at least from what I've seen so far, seem to have this new joint...unless there's something else I'm missing.

Hopefully HT will rectify this with upcoming batches as they fix the head sculpt.

They will not fix it. The figures are done. The head is just taking one out of the box and putting a new one in. This is removing the figure, taking plastic off, removing arms, replacing joints and most likely breaking or scratching something in the process.

Hi all, got mine today.

All museum poses because I'm terrible at posing figures.

First off, mine has no shoulder joint protrusion issue as some have reported...thank goodness.

My biggest gripe with the 85 is its giraffe neck. It looks very awkward because the head sits so high. I tried pushing it downwards but this is as far as I can get. This problem is especially pronounced because the collar bone section is VERY tapered, making the neck even smaller. Coupled with the wider shoulder, it's as if the person underneath is deformed.

Comparison shots. Again, the giraffe neck on the 85 is making this otherwise perfect figure a smidge taller than the other 2. Mind you the other 2 are already pretty darn tall compared to other 1/6 figures.
0t1azY0h.jpg

BCYOkWOh.jpg

5ARhNRnh.jpg

From these pictures it would seem that another contributor to the larger arm gaps is how they've scalloped/contoured the torso armor under the arms. Compared to the Concept Art Mark XLVI specifically it goes straight up starting at the bottom of the rib cage vs. continuing up at an angle, resulting in more separation. Why they decided to do that I have no idea.

Just reading the last couple pages, I have to agree with Jedah Patrol and a few others
I have watched about the reaction and anger of people with these figures. It's getting ridiculous.

Calling this a Toys 'R Us piece of crap figure is beyond insane. Writing hate messages to J.C. and
his team is nuts. These are freaking ACTION FIGURES, people. Are they expensive action figures?
Yes, most definitely. Will they ever be 100% perfect all of the time? Hell no.

I have complained about aspects of Hot Toys from time to time myself, but they are still the
best collector pieces I have ever owned.

As far as the "bait and switch" conspiracy theory people, there is a reason that ALL COMPANIES put
"actual product may vary from prototype" on the boxes and marketing material.
Changes are made, approvals are needed, yada yada yada. It's all part of the process.
People got all up in a roar with the headsculpt and J.C. decided to pull it and change it.

I decided to get a first batch from Hong Kong because I wanted the head sculpt, I don't want
another Mark 50 one and I am pretty sure that is what is coming. If they do another full sculpt I will
pick that up down the road. When you watch Endgame, Tony looks more like the production sculpt
than he does the other ones.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, to be sure... and the "if you don't like it, don't buy it" statement is overused, but true.
But my god, people way over-react with these things.

Last edited:
That neck doesn't look good.

Here's a comparison that Owen posted where he fixed the shoulder so that it sits flush against the arm like it should be.
ChNG02G.jpg

3NwD1Wd.jpg

Last edited:
I quite like it too, sure it's got its flaws, they all have. I'd rather have this head sculpt for the sake of change rather than the same one for the 5th time in a row. I think most of the anger is because of the lack of transparency on the switch. I don't remember this much backlash with the original Mark VII headsculpt.

mms185-amkvii10.jpg

I quite like it too, sure it's got its flaws, they all have. I'd rather have this head sculpt for the sake of change rather than the same one for the 5th time in a row. I think most of the anger is because of the lack of transparency on the switch. I don't remember this much backlash with the original Mark VII headsculpt.

View attachment 502538

Oh, I certainly remember a ton of backlash over that MkVII sculpt. (At least on these boards.)

I remember people saying WTF, but not to the point where HT were forced to change it. Maybe it's because people knew what they were getting.

I mean isn't the backlash less about the likeness of the sculpt, and it being too different than what the prototype was? If somebody feels too much of a bait and switch, that is going to cause an uproar in any industry.

I am more sympathetic to people being upset when they buy one thing, and receive something different, then people who ***** about a figure that they knew exactly what it was when they preordering. "Should have came with more accessories", like yeah, but you pre-ordered it 12 months ago knowing what the accessories were. "Headsculpt and paint apps are noticeably different then the prototype', well now you got a case I can understand being upset about.

Saying 'you really don't mind the sculpt' isn't the point, or 'so what if the color is off, the armor still looks good.' That is fine if your happy with it. Its like buying the limited addition of a car, and getting the standard when you go pick it up. The car salesman saying its 95% the same, just drive away, don't worry about it. Some people do drive away happy that they got a new car regardless, some people want exactly what they signed up for and expect the business to correct it. Others won't sign the paperwork, and leave the dealership if they feel they are being slighted without the new car.

Last edited:
Back