1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, yeah, that sculpt is pretty bad, and the bait and switch aspect is underhanded.

I have this on pre-order and will most likely still keep it, as I never planned on displaying him with his helmet off. But this figure cost a mint and half--I think the most expensive figure I've gotten. And it makes me feel like a sucker paying this much for a figure that they changed for the worse at the very last minute.

They have already been overproducing all the Marvel figures that have released since Infinity War. With the head sculpt issues, this and the team suit figure are clearly destined for discounts/free shipping at SS. I know I will definitely be waiting a bit now.

Also, I would believe that Disney or RDJ likeness approval caused the sculpt downgrade. JC Hong was clear that had happened with the ROTS Obi-Wan sculpt. But what I do not and will never understand is why they even show a clearly inaccurate or just bad sculpt like this for the higher-ups to choose from in the first place? Like, if one of the notes about Ant-Man was that he should be smiling, then who in the hell at Hot Toys thought THAT version of a creepy smile would be acceptable lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of a sudden I'm glad I cancelled this one.

Keeping the Battle Damaged pre-order and hoping the backlash from this will undo any potential mistakes on THAT one. Wow! it's like they loaded it into photoshop and turned down the sharpness and texturing.

I'm perplexed. After a decade of RDJ sculpts.. how do you still manage to not get it right? The Clean armor looks good though.

Figure looks very impressive but ... and I hate to be that guy ... does that helmeted head look too small? That was a long-standing problem I feel was only addressed starting with the Mark 6 diecast, and now it appears like it may be back...

I don't see an issue with the head size, but the shoulders are still way too broad on this compared to the movie. But that kinda seems like a minor thing now, and I'm fine accepting this as just a more idealized version of the armor.

I don't see an issue with the head size, but the shoulders are still way too broad on this compared to the movie. But that kinda seems like a minor thing now, and I'm fine accepting this as just a more idealized version of the armor.

Maybe the shoulders are giving me the pin-headed impression, then. I'll need to see more photos but it's nagging at me for the moment.

Wow, yeah, that sculpt is pretty bad, and the bait and switch aspect is underhanded.

I have this on pre-order and will most likely still keep it, as I never planned on displaying him with his helmet off. But this figure cost a mint and half--I think the most expensive figure I've gotten. And it makes me feel like a sucker paying this much for a figure that they changed for the worse at the very last minute.

Yeah as great as this armor still looks, it no longer seems worth paying over $400 for on its own. Especially when they didn't even bother making the back piece light up.

I would honestly cancel this if this wasn't my sole Iron Man figure and I needed it to represent the character. What a letdown. The Modular was always my favourite next to Secretary/Extremis, and this was the closest we got, so I was pretty excited. Now... I'm dissapointed, to say the least. I was never going to display him without the helmet, but come on, this is a 400 Euro figure. I was hoping that they'd announce some "anniversary" type of figure with Tony in a tux or something, but now even if it were to happen, I doubt I'd risk it again.

source.gif

PLEASE dont mess the BD version Hot Toys. The backlash for that one will be insane if they mess it up since the sculpt is the main selling point of that figure.

67376295_2503837049680596_1976683390027431936_o.jpg

I wasn't planning on displaying this with the RDJ headsculpt, but if I change my mind, I can always just use the excellent Mk 47 sculpt. But it sucks for anyone buying this for the sculpt, who doens't have that option.

Also, I would believe that Disney or RDJ likeness approval caused the sculpt downgrade. JC Hong was clear that had happened with the ROTS Obi-Wan sculpt.
Sorry for going off-topic, but I missed this about Obi-Wan, could you let me know what JC Hong said about the likeness for that figure?

The headsculpt was hard to gauge due to his lighting but when he posed the figure with the headsculpt on a side view, it actually looked really good. I really hope it really looks good in person.

I would honestly cancel this if this wasn't my sole Iron Man figure and I needed it to represent the character. What a letdown. The Modular was always my favourite next to Secretary/Extremis, and this was the closest we got, so I was pretty excited. Now... I'm dissapointed, to say the least. I was never going to display him without the helmet, but come on, this is a 400 Euro figure. I was hoping that they'd announce some "anniversary" type of figure with Tony in a tux or something, but now even if it were to happen, I doubt I'd risk it again.

It's actually almost 450 euro excluding shipping. Even more in some cases. Extremely disappointing. I'm most likely going to cancel my PO for this. HT needs to be taught a lesson because this dishonest behavior is unacceptable at this point.

It's actually almost 450 euro. Even more in some cases. Extremely disappointing. I'm most likely going to cancel my PO for this. HT needs to be taught a lesson because this dishonest behavior is unacceptable at this point.

Yeah, I didn't take into account shipping costs. I just went with a general idea of what I'd worked it out to be back when I POed it. I'm not cancelling because I've been an Ironfan since I was a kid (although I care far less now; I find that as time goes on I hold onto very specific characters and properties and the number keeps going down) and want one to represent the character. It's the closest we'll get to the Modular, so... eh. Screw it. I'm not in any mood to lose my deposit either. I am dissapointed though. And this might be the first and only time I get a figure with no mixed media. They always look too plastic and fake to me. It's why I always passed on Iron Men despite wanting one. They never sat good enough for me. Same goes for Hulks and the such; too brittle, too pricey. I'm in the game for realistic headsculpts, so this is just awful. He looks like a cosplayer with an eating disorder. It's Iron Man, I'd never display him without the helmet, but it's just in bad taste.

It's actually almost 450 euro excluding shipping. Even more in some cases. Extremely disappointing. I'm most likely going to cancel my PO for this. HT needs to be taught a lesson because this dishonest behavior is unacceptable at this point.

Lol, I think you're overinflating the HT's "dishonest" behavior. They're selling a figure, based off of the licenses that they were given and provided a product that you obviously don't like. If the complaint is over a headsculpt, then I would say that's an extreme reaction towards one product. I will also go out to point out that there are a TON of RDJ sculpts to choose from if this is not to your liking. But hey, that's just my two cents!

Back