1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't, personally. Ikea no longer seems to list the weight limit, but I believe they used to say 8 pounds. A die-cast figure is probably around three pounds. Add stands and whatnot and you're getting pretty close to the limit.

I've never heard of a diecast figure causing the glass to break, but I've definitely seen enough broken detolfs (usually due to statues, but sometimes for no apparent reason st all) that I choose to play it very safe.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
Akk was afraid of that. Only have the MK46 or Armoured Thanos as heavy figures ATM and not much else with them.
Don't want the iron man/warmachine/Spiderman combo on bottom of the case as prefer the viewing angle of the upper shelves.

Unsure of the cost but maybe would a reinforced glass shelf be a option ?. I'm in the UK and all I've seen on eBay here is acrylic and they got a low weight limit apparently.

Getting worried about Thanos on his own on a shelf now too due to weight.

Been out of the collection loop for to long. To know all this unfortunately but highly appreciate the comments back. Many thanks.

Also by chance and because I'm not home for a few days, does anyone know the measurements for the glass's shelf itself in a Detolf.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Before you panic, the main incidences of broken detolfs have been either things way over the weight limit like heavy statues or due to tightening the screws too much during assembly.

A couple of diecast figures on a shelf are going to be fine.

But if it would put you at ease, you could always look at wooden alternatives from Ikea.

[...] Unsure of the cost but maybe would a reinforced glass shelf be a option ?. I'm in the UK and all I've seen on eBay here is acrylic and they got a low weight limit apparently.[...]

So a few posts above I suggested looking into Stoney's Stands. I had a minute and checked their Facebook posting for acrylic Detolf replacement shelves, and they are stated to be 10x stronger than glass.

Before you panic, the main incidences of broken detolfs have been either things way over the weight limit like heavy statues or due to tightening the screws too much during assembly.

A couple of diecast figures on a shelf are going to be fine.

But if it would put you at ease, you could always look at wooden alternatives from Ikea.

The particle board is going to bend under the weight of a die cast figure. It bent for me under the weight of a shelf of Blu-ray cases. And that can’t be much more than the weight of a die cast iron man.

So a few posts above I suggested looking into Stoney's Stands. I had a minute and checked their Facebook posting for acrylic Detolf replacement shelves, and they are stated to be 10x stronger than glass.
Apologies, didn't see at the time and my eyes have been foggy most of the day due to a headache.
This will be a option I'll look into for sure as although wood is the obvious choice for a stronger alternative, I prefer a clear shelf to allow the light to flow through the case more.
Have found a online shop that does custom cut tempered glass and at a guess of the size it'll be a lot cheaper than I initially guessed. Half the cost of a full new case, but still good to help the nerves.

Apologies to everyone anyways, feel I my have taken the thread of course bit with my silly questions, but I do hope ultimately it could help someone else possibly.

I had this set up for years. 2 diecasts together on many selves with no issues.

20190429_144821.jpg

If you're still concerned about shelf stability, look at getting some low cost acrylic sheets the same size as the glass detolf shelves and place them on the glass shelves. Should help add stability to those shelves...

If you're still concerned about shelf stability, look at getting some low cost acrylic sheets the same size as the glass detolf shelves and place them on the glass shelves. Should help add stability to those shelves...
Apologies for the late reply everyone, real life stuff complicating things per usual.

Thanks for all the new replys. Helps the nerves hearing and seeing more input from you all. Sounds a bit submissive but I truly do take people's opinions in mind a lot of the time whenever I make a decision.

I have contacted a acrylic company in the UK asking about weight and best options, been told a poly carbonate blend will be the best for the possible weight loads. Not totally sure on thickness to go for yet but I'm thinking 5mm+.

Also read up and seen that the IKEA shelves seem ok with more weight than advertising (as we can see in the amazing hall of armour collection above). I'm guessing that like most places IKEA have understated the load to cover themselves.

Had also entertained the idea of simply doubling up and having two shelves stacked as one but thought in the end to just aim and get the one poly shelve. Easier on mind and will hopefully look right rather than a thick boy in place.

Going to make a order soon (away from home a lot) and get it in place. Will update and post pictures asap as I do see this as something that could aid others down the line.

Again, deepest apologies for asking in a off topic manner. Hope it's on topic enough with any diecast figure and to help others.

Thanks for the replies and not pushing me away.

-- We need mk 85 asap. Saw Endgame again and now I'm sad I still only have the 46. 85 looks so, form fitting. My idea of the true extremis.

Detolf glass shelves are rated up to 15 lbs. Had four of them for years loaded with HT figures. I'd show a pic but it's under construction due to floor work.

Apologies for the late reply everyone, real life stuff complicating things per usual.

Thanks for all the new replys. Helps the nerves hearing and seeing more input from you all. Sounds a bit submissive but I truly do take people's opinions in mind a lot of the time whenever I make a decision.

I have contacted a acrylic company in the UK asking about weight and best options, been told a poly carbonate blend will be the best for the possible weight loads. Not totally sure on thickness to go for yet but I'm thinking 5mm+.

Also read up and seen that the IKEA shelves seem ok with more weight than advertising (as we can see in the amazing hall of armour collection above). I'm guessing that like most places IKEA have understated the load to cover themselves.

Had also entertained the idea of simply doubling up and having two shelves stacked as one but thought in the end to just aim and get the one poly shelve. Easier on mind and will hopefully look right rather than a thick boy in place.

Going to make a order soon (away from home a lot) and get it in place. Will update and post pictures asap as I do see this as something that could aid others down the line.

Again, deepest apologies for asking in a off topic manner. Hope it's on topic enough with any diecast figure and to help others.

Thanks for the replies and not pushing me away.

-- We need mk 85 asap. Saw Endgame again and now I'm sad I still only have the 46. 85 looks so, form fitting. My idea of the true extremis.

Hey Guys, just wanted to share that I have put 5 diecast unto 1 detolf shelf and it is very stable. Had it in that pose for a while. You can find more of my setups on my instagram at indo.stark for your references on shelf stability, hope that helps. Cheers.

Attachments

• Detolf Test JPEG.jpg
    Detolf Test JPEG.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 391
It’s a shame they don’t do more stuff like that instead of the super photoshopped collages they use for the theatrical poster.

Back