1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my gripe is that the 85 is also the nano seamless design and they were able to reduce the thigh gap issue and look much better and smoother

No I agree, the gap here is infinitely better than the 50. The amount of space between the inner joint and thigh is much thinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You gotta keep in mind that HT rushed the Mark 50...I'm sure if they had more time with it they could have done a better job.

HT is not a company that rushes anything as that is the one thing everyone complains about.

They have IM figures down to a science after making so many. The 50 is exactly the way they wanted it.

HT is not a company that rushes anything as that is the one thing everyone complains about.

They have IM figures down to a science after making so many. The 50 is exactly the way they wanted it.

Yeah that argument is getting hella old, and every time it creeps up. It's gonna come up when the 85 comes out. It'll be here when the BD 85 comes out. It's like a ****** Bethesda dialogue option:

"They made design choices I didn't like, thus it clearly means they must have:

-[skimped out]<

-rushed

-not cared

-cheaped out"

I think it's very well established that the majority of the Infinity War line was rushed. Perhaps the 50 they produced is exactly how they intended it to be given their timetable, but that doesn't mean it couldn't have been even better if they had more time with it.

I think it's very well established that the majority of the Infinity War line was rushed. Perhaps the 50 they produced is exactly how they intended it to be given their timetable, but that doesn't mean it couldn't have been even better if they had more time with it.

90% of the figures they have made could have been better in some way but it doesnt mean they rushed it. Hulkbuster was delayed and reengineered over 2 plus years and it could still be better. Whiplash MK2 came out 5 years after Iron Man 2 and they still got the headsculpt/helmet completely wrong and there was no rush there.

Sometimes they just decide to do something for no reason besides they can.

They can make Ver 2.0 in future and people will still buying their stuff. That's why they put less effort with perfection those day. Way too much reuse and recycle. They reuse same shoulder ball pegs and joints on their Ironman which kinda inaccurate for Ironman nanotech.

EG Ironman itself have some noticable inaccuracy, some details just completely wrong which corrected on battle damage version. IDk if they gonna fix clean version, I doubt it.

They can make Ver 2.0 in future and people will still buying their stuff. That's why they put less effort with perfection those day. Way too much reuse and recycle. They reuse same shoulder ball pegs and joints on their Ironman which kinda inaccurate for Ironman nanotech.

EG Ironman itself have some noticable inaccuracy, some details just completely wrong which corrected on battle damage version. IDk if they gonna fix clean version, I doubt it.

Wrong details like what?

Attachments

• IRON man mark 85.jpg
    IRON man mark 85.jpg
    347.8 KB · Views: 454
Question from a new collector: do y'all think this figure will sell out quickly, or will it be more like the Mark L where it can still be bought well after release? I really want this to go with the Cap I've preordered and the EG Thor, but I can't afford all three figures in the same year. I'd rather get the other two and start squirreling away money a little at a time to pick up Iron Man sometime in 2021.

Question from a new collector: do y'all think this figure will sell out quickly, or will it be more like the Mark L where it can still be bought well after release? I really want this to go with the Cap I've preordered and the EG Thor, but I can't afford all three figures in the same year. I'd rather get the other two and start squirreling away money a little at a time to pick up Iron Man sometime in 2021.
Thinking it might sell fast just because no cap out now. But can never really tell.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Well you need to take into account that HT did a poor job with the Mark L...so not many people bought it who normally would have (such as myself). Factor in the fact they overproduced for a "re-release" and you've got a perfect storm of too much inventory.

Now the Mark 85 seems way superior to the Mark L in terms of engineering...since HT is taking their sweet time developing it instead of rushing it out like they did with the Mark L...so I'm sure many people will jump on the 85. You also need to take into consideration that this is the "last" IM armor too, so some people will want it for that reason alone.

Although...the fact that there is also a BD Mk 85 may mean the clean version sticks around longer...BUT that could also mean that maybe HT will produce less clean 85s since the demand seems to be for the BD 85...so basically who knows?!?! Haha

Hope that was at least somewhat helpful for you.

I would bet that it'll be in stock now at release. This and the BD Mk 85 will be the last Iron Man for a while, they're going to want to keep them around.

Had to say. We thought Dark Side Anakin was a overproduced and a slow seller but it turns out HT was still making them. So HT might still be producing the MKL and they might continue to make the 85 for a couple years after release.

But none of us can see into the future. One thing we do know is the Virus has moved everything back so you should have more time to save up.

I would guess Black Widow next, and maybe Gamora after that? I am thinking September release in HK for this figure. That assumes coronavirus doesn't slow manufacturing any more significantly.

I sure hope you're right about Gamora. Assume that Wasp will be in there also before Iron Man... Be nice to clear out the last of the pre-Endgame figures...

Well you need to take into account that HT did a poor job with the Mark L...so not many people bought it who normally would have (such as myself). Factor in the fact they overproduced for a "re-release" and you've got a perfect storm of too much inventory.

Now the Mark 85 seems way superior to the Mark L in terms of engineering...since HT is taking their sweet time developing it instead of rushing it out like they did with the Mark L...so I'm sure many people will jump on the 85. You also need to take into consideration that this is the "last" IM armor too, so some people will want it for that reason alone.

Although...the fact that there is also a BD Mk 85 may mean the clean version sticks around longer...BUT that could also mean that maybe HT will produce less clean 85s since the demand seems to be for the BD 85...so basically who knows?!?! Haha

Hope that was at least somewhat helpful for you.

I just noticed this post despite it's being 3 months old lol. I wouldn't assume the engineering on the Mark 85 will be significantly better than the Mark L. To my eye the waist to thigh gap looks as large or larger, it's just the color scheme camouflages it better. That and the hip part within the thigh armor appears a bit larger, eliminating the "hip wader" effect. I also think we're subconsciously more accepting of the 85's gaps because its color scheme mirrors more traditional suits, even though it's nano-tech armor just like the Mark L. Despite this, I'm not ruling out doing modifications to the ratchet joints akin to what I did on my Mark L to reduce those gaps. Notice that none of the promo pics give us a view from the side where it's in anything close to a museum pose - probably because it would look like there's a piece missing at the hip. :lol

PD15539417130tG.jpg

I didn't get in the details on the production of Infinity War or Endgame, but was there any pre-production stuff on Marks 51 - 84? If this is too off-topic, I apologize.

Back