1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it is more likely a accessories pack nor a completely new mark 85 figure, may also be a powerpose.

Hopefully accessory pack is the route they take...but given that it wasn't announced as such with the 85, like how the 50 said there would be an accessory pack, it's doubtful a rumored BD 85 would be an accessory pack...most likely a brand-new figure...cause let's not forget how HT loves to whore out the Iron Man line.

Probably both then.
Like Hulkbuster v1. separate option pack and deluxe pack with whole thing.
That's better way to milk out the money and keep customers happy
I suspect that was done because Hot Toys knew collectors wouldn't pay the Hulkbuster price tag twice. They clearly believe, however, that collectors will pay for a normal figure twice, or even three times, as we saw with the aggressively bad ROTJ release, where two new editions were released AFTER the original had already shipped, with no accessory pack alternative. I wish they'd get over this strategy and make accessory packs a regular occurrence.

All that aside, I suspect the BD version will probably require a while new body (like BD RoboCop) and thus not be a candidate for an accessory pack anyway.

I almost feel like a powerpose edition would be the better route to go with this. Likely an unpopular stance, but everyone is going to pose the BD figure in the same manner. Cut the price, make a powerpose and sell both the 85 and the PP figs to a customer rather than making them choose between two full priced armors. They sell two products in one go that way rather than cannibalizing their own sales.

I'd bet on a full figure too, unless this one is engineered to have removable panels all over the body for swaps.

Finally pulled the plug and ordered this. I really like that it looks comic inspired.

Iron Man was my favorite Marvel character way before the first RDJ Iron Man movie.
I haven’t cared enough for most of the armors to purchase them. I only own the original Mark 3 & 4.
Now if someone were ever to produce a nice Silver Age 1/6 Iron Man, that would be a day one preorder for me.

I suspect that was done because Hot Toys knew collectors wouldn't pay the Hulkbuster price tag twice. They clearly believe, however, that collectors will pay for a normal figure twice, or even three times, as we saw with the aggressively bad ROTJ release, where two new editions were released AFTER the original had already shipped, with no accessory pack alternative. I wish they'd get over this strategy and make accessory packs a regular occurrence.
Exactly my point. Just replace "Hulkbuster" with "Iron Man Mark LXXXV" and read the sentence again :D

All that aside, I suspect the BD version will probably require a while new body (like BD RoboCop) and thus not be a candidate for an accessory pack anyway.
We don't know this yet. Maybe it's ready for that option .Will see. Or maybe it's for the deluxe version come with both normal/BD armor parts

66026372_1362885287193917_7174971204356188719_n.jpg
66709903_2179427285682705_8252866932690684712_n.jpg
65558353_3366896250204023_2035238222776509389_n.jpg

I’m pretty sure it will have LEDs in the production run. Still, I don’t see myself ever using it. He looks incredible even without it. I’m waiting to PO until more rewards points clear. I’m probably going to double dip with the currently unannounced battle damage version because I’m insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will use this pose but the Nano Lightning Refocuser looks really cheap here. For that price ? Seriously HT ? It doesn't even have LED function.

Agreed. Also the flat one-tone gray paint they used doesn't help make it look any better. Hopefully they'll incorporate LED function, but if HT didn't announce it already then I feel like it's doubtful they would include it.

Yeah this scene was awesome lol. I don't think they used the Mark 85 however. Looks more like the Mark 46, based on the shoulder pad design...
I totally get why they used the 46, but I really wish it was the 85 just cuz y’know, it makes more sense in that context, and I prefer it’s look.

Either way I was probably one of 7 people in the world who even noticed or cared which armor it was, and the other 6 are probably on this thread.

Back