1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SOrry for not being up todate but have they resolved the issues of the previous releases like fading colors and flaking? or did they have any similar issues from previous diecast figures?

Is anyone else having problems with how threads are displayed?

You have to click next post to view?

No but mine jumps around as adds are updated with different sizes. Annoys the hell out of me. Am sure they do that to get people to convert to Premium without ads.

No but mine jumps around as adds are updated with different sizes. Annoys the hell out of me. Am sure they do that to get people to convert to Premium without ads.

If you’re referring to Tapatalk Premium; yes, I have the free version too, and the ads cause the posts to annoyingly bounce around.
Cap’n Cook doesn’t appear to be on Tapatalk (his name doesn’t have a little “t” by it). So I think he’s having a separate issue in his web browser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOrry for not being up todate but have they resolved the issues of the previous releases like fading colors and flaking? or did they have any similar issues from previous diecast figures?

It’s been years since I’ve heard about an Iron Man having fading issues (see the “pink panties” epidemic). I’m not sure about flaking either. The only die cast version I have is MKVI, and he’s fine. The only flaking I’ve experienced is the plastic Cap shield from The First Avenger. Sprayed it with clear coat as soon as I noticed it, and stopped the flaking dead in it’s tracks.

It’s been years since I’ve heard about an Iron Man having fading issues (see the “pink panties” epidemic). I’m not sure about flaking either. The only die cast version I have is MKVI, and he’s fine. The only flaking I’ve experienced is the plastic Cap shield from The First Avenger. Sprayed it with clear coat as soon as I noticed it, and stopped the flaking dead in it’s tracks.

The Mk. XLII had some fading somewhere on a few of them IIRC. I never witnessed it personally on either of mine but I think you might be able to find some examples if you search.

The fading had to do with soft plastic, the hip/pelvis on old figures was a flexible plastic and that wouldn't hold color. No diecasts have this piece, and also no recent plastic suits do either (Disco for example, it has a Mk7 torso but was redesigned with hard plastic and hinge flaps like the diecast designs). The only parts that have that sort of plastic are non articulated hands- fists and repulsor hands, and there has been instances of that turning lighter after a few years

These were off my Iron Patriot-
jAasNsy.jpg

Thank you for your response! I'm thinking of getting this piece and i was just making sure hahaha! :D cheers!

I assume the chances of pre-ordering one of these at the original RRP is now completely gone?

Never had an Iron Man figure but after seeing Endgame, I want one :(

Hi there,

Yeah I've considered a few of the US based sites but I imagine shipping (and potential customs) would be absolutely massive. Looking like my only option though, doesn't have to be Endgame (could be Infinity War) but everywhere is out at the moment. Knowing this particular line (Iron Man) rarely comes back in for stock I might have to bite the bullet with US sellers or eBay.

maybe im going to cancel the iw version and going for this one.

but i dont hope that it wil discolored

maybe im going to cancel the iw version and going for this one.

but i dont hope that it wil discolored

Now that a couple of friends and myself are relatively certain that people will do just this but then regret it, we have bought dupes of the Mk. L to fleece collectors on eBay :lol :hi5::yess::clap:slap:blissy:stick:duff:rock2:devil:moon

So by all means, anyone who is choosing between the 2, go for the Mk. 85:wink1:

Now that a couple of friends and myself are relatively certain that people will do just this but then regret it, we have bought dupes of the Mk. L to fleece collectors on eBay :lol :hi5::yess::clap:slap:blissy:stick:duff:rock2:devil:moon

So by all means, anyone who is choosing between the 2, go for the Mk. 85:wink1:

Hahaha, that’s a statement many on here will love. Good strategy though.

I had about $500 in rewards points. I got this one, plus captain america, Thor and Thanos. It truly is the endgame for me.

I had about $500 in rewards points. I got this one, plus captain america, Thor and Thanos. It truly is the endgame for me.

That's how I feel as well. Not sure how much more MCU I'll be collecting moving forward. But who knows, maybe the new MCU will be just as polarizing as this Infinity Saga has been.

I have over $300 saved in rp's. As much as I want to use it to soften the blow of all the Endgame figures I have on PO, I've told myself for years that I'm simply going to save and use them all on a DC Mk1. It's gotta be coming eventually right? Lol.

[...]Not sure how much more MCU I'll be collecting moving forward. [...]

Provided they're resonant designs from decent films, I'd be up for these characters from a Phase 4 MCU:

• Fantastic Four
  • Cool Spidey variants
  • Storm
  • Wolverine
  • Daredevil

Other than that I don't think I'd want any other Marvel characters outside of what I already have.

Back