1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Armored Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got him in from Alter Ego. Disappointed to find they didn't double box him- even though this wasn't a free ship item.

It also looked like someone opened the brown shipper and then resealed it.

Given how much longer it took to get here than usual, I was thinking someone must have been playing with it, but the actual seal on the window box looks undisturbed...unless I didn't look closely enough.

I haven't take the figure out, but it's head is turned to the side in the box.
Weird.

Admittedly I'm a bit paranoid about how the parcels will arrive, so I always look for places that double box, or have protective packing. For instance PCZ and CRI double boxed the huge 1/4 IM figure boxes!

I ordered through Alter Ego as well and my shipment was not double boxed. I emailed about that, but before I received a reply, I saw on their site that they only double boxed for normal-sized 1/6 figures. I was more concerned about it being shipped UPS instead of my designated USPS preference. My order sat on the
porch for 2 hours before I was able to retrieve it! Ouch!

Admittedly I'm a bit paranoid about how the parcels will arrive, so I always look for places that double box, or have protective packing. For instance PCZ and CRI double boxed the huge 1/4 IM figure boxes!

Forgive my ignorance...CRI??? :dunno

Hoody,

Seeing your comments to cloud warrior reminded me that one of the things I like so much about this forum is how helpful members are when it comes to offering suggestions, critiques, alternatives, and providing support and encouragement. For instance Sassafras? suggestions saved me from some disasters with my Loki figure (just one example).
Cheers

Thanks Omega :)

While there can be some stupid arguments, the odd troll and sometimes a lot of complaining on here, it generally is a good place with good people. I guess in some ways the things mentioned above often come about because people are so passionate about the hobby.

I've had only good experiences when I reach out to people asking about this or that. So yep, if we all help out here and there it's not a bad little place to come to discuss stuff. Certainly far more personal than say the bigger FB groups.

Speaking of which, has anyone ever received an item that was double boxed, and the box was damaged, and if so, was there any damage to the item itself?

KGH must have got these in as I've just been invoiced...52GBP for shipping :monkey2

KGH must have got these in as I've just been invoiced...52GBP for shipping :monkey2

I had a shock, cant believe they actually finally have it (Seems they don't get stock anywhere near as early anymore) and was expecting a balance of around ?250, not ?305... :gah:

Hoody,

Seeing your comments to cloud warrior reminded me that one of the things I like so much about this forum is how helpful members are when it comes to offering suggestions, critiques, alternatives, and providing support and encouragement. For instance Sassafras? suggestions saved me from some disasters with my Loki figure (just one example).
Cheers

Thanks Omega :)

While there can be some stupid arguments, the odd troll and sometimes a lot of complaining on here, it generally is a good place with good people. I guess in some ways the things mentioned above often come about because people are so passionate about the hobby.

I've had only good experiences when I reach out to people asking about this or that. So yep, if we all help out here and there it's not a bad little place to come to discuss stuff. Certainly far more personal than say the bigger FB groups.

:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: I wholeheartedly agree! This community is great! I think passionate is the way to describe it - this hobby.

Gotcha, thanks! I figured it was but couldn't figure out which one it was. I usually try to keep a list of other stores/companies I can buy from that's NOT Sideshow.

Yeah same here haha CRI's good, at least from the few times I ordered from them, and like I mentioned earlier they double boxed my 1/4 IM Mark III, and that box was huge to begin with!

Speaking of which, has anyone ever received an item that was double boxed, and the box was damaged, and if so, was there any damage to the item itself?

Well for me in a latest instance I've received a shipment that had a puncture (no major smashing lol) on the side and got to the shipper box, but when I opened the shipper the art box was pristine and the puncture didn't make it all the way through the shipper box.

Evilface does them. I think he has a thread in the commerce section. Failing that Coclocoboy does stands and works with Evilface for the nameplates as far as I know.
Thank you. Will keep this saved as will be something I'll do in bulk for all the characters I'd need.

Also, I'd like to echo the love for the board helping.
I'm one that feels nervous to ask things as I can rant and rant given the chance.
Often feel I'm over stretching or asking to much at times because I feel I also lack anything unique to offer back in help for others.

Always a pleasure and heartening when people build a community that's open and helpful.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Dread it, run from it...destiny still arrives all the same.

Glad I held off through this rewards event. Took Grimace down an extra $57 bucks. Plus the pins are a nice touch for what they are.
f6d3fd4e6d5533378e704b126f945093.jpg

I had a shock, cant believe they actually finally have it (Seems they don't get stock anywhere near as early anymore) and was expecting a balance of around ?250, not ?305... :gah:

I could cancel it, lose the deposit and buy it from TBA and it would still be 30GBP cheaper. I'm seriously considering it, but I have other orders with them and wouldn't want to risk screwing them about.

EDIT: Just checked...15% cancellation fee. I guess I'm sticking with it.

DSC00876.jpgDSC00878.jpgDSC00884.jpgDSC00892.jpgDSC00895.jpgDSC00899.jpg

Got my purple dude today. Awesome figure! Carol helped out with some of the accessories. :lol

Finally got charged from BBTS. Excited to get this guy in. Just need Battle Damage Mark 85 to go along with him.

Back