1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Armored Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is now "preparing to ship".

3dcfeb0e3b5b8775fe5f41fb1649e950.gif

Also preparing to ship. Looks like I might get this before my Mk VII!

That's great news! My last payment is the 15th. Hopefully they will have enough in this batch to ship mine.

Interesting that I am a full payment order guy and haven't heard anything yet. From a dollars and cents perspective, they're getting less money by taking care of the flexpay customers first. Doesn't bother me as I just got Thanos and Cap Iron Studio statues so my wallet is rather dusty now anyway :)

Interesting that I am a full payment order guy and haven't heard anything yet. From a dollars and cents perspective, they're getting less money by taking care of the flexpay customers first. Doesn't bother me as I just got Thanos and Cap Iron Studio statues so my wallet is rather dusty now anyway :)

in what way are they making less money from taking care of flex customers first? There's no difference in price.

in what way are they making less money from taking care of flex customers first? There's no difference in price.

They've already gotten 70-80% of their money. They've only gotten my 10% deposit. By hitting the flexpay first, they gain another 20-30% of the cost of the figure. Hitting full pay first, they get the remaining 90% of the money. That's why I quit flex paying, Sideshow was gaining interest on my money for months, in some cases many months as some figures had final payments pushed back several times.

How are they making interest? And how does that make them less money? I'm not trying to be rude, that just makes no sense to me.

Last edited:
I contacted SS yesterday to pay off my Thanos early, but they couldn't process because he wasn't in their warehouse yet.. He said that it's scheduled to arrive this month. Don't know if any of this info is helpful to those who've been wondering.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

How are they making interest? And how does that make them less money? I'm not trying to be rude, that just makes no sense to me.

All good, here's an example (math isn't exact):

Flexpay customer:

Deposit: $45
Month 1 payment: $100
Month 2 payment: $100
Month 3 payment $100
Month 4 (final) payment pushed back 4 times to month 8: $100

For 8 months, Sideshow had $345 of flexpay customer's money without shipping any product. They earn interest on that money versus me earning interest on it in my account.

Fullpay Customer:

Month 1 payment: $0
Month 2 payment: $0
Month 3 payment $0
Month 4 (final) payment pushed back 4 times to month 8: $400

For 8 months Sideshow had $45 of my money and I earned interest on the remaining $400 until I made a final payment.

The reason Sideshow is better off servicing full pay customers first is that they bill $400 instead of $100 and they've already got $345 of flexpay customers money versus just $45 of full pay customers money.

Not the best at explaining this, sorry about that.

Flexpay customer:

Month 3 payment $100

For 8 months, Sideshow had $345 of flexpay customer's money without shipping any product. They earn interest on that money versus me earning interest on it in my account.

Fullpay Customer:

Month 3 payment $0

For 8 months Sideshow had $45 of my money and I earned interest on the remaining $400 until I made a final payment.

The reason Sideshow is better off servicing full pay customers first is that they bill $400 instead of $100 and they've already got $345 of flexpay customers money versus just $45 of full pay customers money.

Yes, this is 100% how this works.

I was a mid-level retail manager in my 20s, and this is why stores would push pre-orders on video games and movies so hard. All that money gets collectively dumped in a high yield account, and in those nine months between your order and the delivery, the retailer can earn a nice chunk of free money from the interest.

On the other hand, wouldn't it be in their interest to make the Flexpay customers happy by getting product first so that they will keep flexplaying? If flexpay customers find out people who don't flexpay get product first, maybe they stop using flexpay (which they probably should anyways).

Alright I get it now, the part about the high yield account made it click... In that case It would be smarter on their part to ship flex payments last and keep accumulating but I'm glad they aren't that scummy... I've never worked any kind of job that handles money in that way so I wasn't aware they do that, but it makes sense to do it from their perspective.

The only reason I currently flex most orders is because I almost always get my figures in the first wave of shipments, if I didn't then I wouldn't do it anymore. But I've already had this Thanos for nearly a month now... The interest I'd collect on the money from the payments would be negligible to me so that isn't a concern of mine.

Last edited:
Alright I get it now, the part about the high yield account made it click... In that case It would be smarter on their part to ship flex payments last and keep accumulating but I'm glad they aren't that scummy... I've never worked any kind of job that handles money in that way so I wasn't aware they do that, but it makes sense to do it from their perspective.

The only reason I currently flex most orders is because I almost always get my figures in the first wave of shipments, if I didn't then I wouldn't do it anymore. But I've already had this Thanos for nearly a month now... The interest I'd collect on the money from the payments would be negligible to me so that isn't a concern of mine.

Totally get it, awesome you've had Thanos that long! I'm fine with them taking care of flexpay folks first as well.

Flexpay customer:

Month 3 payment $100

Fullpay Customer:

Month 3 payment $0

That pretty much breaks it down in simple math. I’ve always agreed with this as well. SSC actually collects more money up front from flex pay customers than they do those who pay in full price. When the product finally arrives, they’d actually collect more money in a timely manner by billing the full pay customers first and collecting 90% of their money, as opposed to only collecting the remaining 25% from customers whose money they already have 75% of.

I paid up front as well and have yet to see any movement on my order. It just says “March 2020.” Not complaining though, I’ll get it when I get it.

Back