1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Armored Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's also possible to do a little wiggling with your book keeping with that money. On any P&L statement (profit and loss) this is straight profit without cost. Meaning that normally when a retailer sells something for $100, they only really make about $30 net profit, because they owe the manufacturer $70.

But money from a pre-order technically doesn't work that way. This money isn't from a final sale, so there is not manufacture cost to be deducted. Right now it's just all liquid profit. And the company could theoretically use that to increase its own value. "Look at all this money (liquidity) we have in our accounts. No, we don't owe this to anyone (right now). You should should extend us a loan, using this as a sign of how profitable we are." Or "Look at this statement at the end of our fiscal quarter. We exceeded all our goals. Our stock should now go up. (Never mind that all this profit will be counted as a loss after the quarter ends and the pre-orders are converted and this finally counts as a sale."

I paid it off in full ahead of time, and haven't received any notice of any kind. Although I do think their shipping schedule might be based alphabetically on last names, because I always end up getting the second shipment, regardless of when I order, and my name is pretty far down the alphabet.

I'm pretty sure SS process your order on a first come first serve basis. I'm a flex payer and even had a 1 month break over Christmas. Mine is being prepped for shipping now. I ordered day one or two.

I'm pretty sure SS process your order on a first come first serve basis. I'm a flex payer and even had a 1 month break over Christmas. Mine is being prepped for shipping now. I ordered day one or two.

Yeah, you would think it would be based on Order Number... :dunno

All this talk about gaining interest. Most countries must have a bank interest rate of about 1% pa.

So 1% x 345 x 8/12 = $2,30. It's not exactly huge amounts of money they're earning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I almost always order within hours of the pre-order going up, and I consistently get the second shipments.

All this talk about gaining interest. Most countries must have a bank interest rate of about 1% pa.

So 1% x 345 x 8/12 = $2,30. It's not exactly huge amounts of money they're earning.

Multiply that by every order for every person over the course of a year and it adds up. And it's free money.

I have ordered well over a hundred figures from them (about 150). I have ordered the minute something has gone up and they shipped last or first. I have ordered something when it started shipping got it 3 days later or weeks later and i have done it with a full payment from a gift card (so only owed shipping) and i have done it with payments.

I have learned there is no real system. It doesn't matter when you order, how you pay, what your name is, how much you have ordered or spent, etc. They ship very randomly

I have ordered well over a hundred figures from them (about 150). I have ordered the minute something has gone up and they shipped last or first. I have ordered something when it started shipping got it 3 days later or weeks later and i have done it with a full payment from a gift card (so only owed shipping) and i have done it with payments.

I have learned there is no real system. It doesn't matter when you order, how you pay, what your name is, how much you have ordered or spent, etc. They ship very randomly

Names drawn out of a hat it seems

Just got the email that my final payment got pushed to April 25th too... darn.

We've talked about this before in a different thread. I'd say the number of cancellations, returns, issues etc that each customer has appears to also play a role.

Pretty wierd as it's all electronic and easy for them to see who ordered first.

We've talked about this before in a different thread. I'd say the number of cancellations, returns, issues etc that each customer has appears to also play a role.

Pretty wierd as it's all electronic and easy for them to see who ordered first.

We all know BBTS does and will drop your order if you cancel to much. I cannot find any pattern to SSC sending out orders from my personal experience and from reading the experience of others. It could be something on how they print them out at the warehouse also :dunno

I don't really care as long as i get what i ordered eventually

Ha. Maybe it is totally random then. I've just been lucky so far, but I've only had five figures delivered and two on order currently. Being in the UK, I use them by exception (exclusives or if I want something quicker or if RP makes it cheaper than buying UK), otherwise there's a reliable UK dealer I use (shout out to Collectiblesdirect.co.uk!).

Just got the email that my final payment got pushed to April 25th too... darn.

And mine was just pushed to April 15th...

Edit: I also noticed that Sideshow raised the shipping cost up to $27.99 (about a $3 dollar increase from what it showed in my account previously). Likewise for my other delayed figure that had shipping charges identified (JL Superman). Boy, they don't miss a trick...

Got the email as well that my final payment got pushed to April 15th. Shipping is outrageous for this too. $28 to ship a 1/6 figure is crazy.

Just got the pushback to April 15th. A little disappointed about the higher cost of shipping, how convenient for them.

Oh well.

Back