1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Armored Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love how someone always stirs the pot with batch changes and improvement. Gets everyone's all the time lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I love how someone always stirs the pot with batch changes and improvement. Gets everyone's all the time lol

you-had-my-curiosity-gif-8.gif

Didn?t some people say last week they?re starting to receive emails from SSC and that SSC was beginning to ship it? Must be that small first batch arrival, so if you haven?t received any email yet, you should be in the clear for being in the improved second batch group that I?m guessing will likely arrive in March, which will probably boast a gauntlet with better paint apps to match the armor. :D

Mine arrived today!!!

Unfortunately I want able to open it bk I have to take my son to soccer practice shortly after arriving home, but I am super excited about it.

One thing though, I am not really worried about the gauntlet matching his armor. The creation of the gauntlet was done completely independently from his armor ...so it would make sense for them to not match even though they are both gold in color.

I am not really worried about the gauntlet matching his armor. The creation of the gauntlet was done completely independently from his armor ...so it would make sense for them to not match even though they are both gold in color.

My thoughts also. I recall saying something similar to this as well when that first review was posted roughly a month and a half ago, and the reviewer made a remark about the gauntlet not being as gold and shiny as the gauntlet from the IW version and completely matching the hue of the armor.

Buuuuut...it does sort of seem like the gauntlet is indeed the same hue as his armor:

thanosgif2.gif

Perhaps Thanos made his armor in the Gauntlet's image. To match, so to speak... therefore it should match.

But I also believe it shouldn't.

I don't subscribe the 'bk' meaning 'because'. That's just ebonic.

It's a beautiful well done figure. The metallic gold paint and sculpts are really excellent! The design and functionality of the stand are nice. The size of the blade gives the figure a large footprint that is more difficult to display than usual unless you bend the arm, which I'm not willing to do for very long because I fear damage. Same goes for the left arm if you want to prominently display the gauntlet. Two bent swap out arms would have been an excellent addition. As it is museum pose for me. A bit more weathering on the gauntlet would have been nice.

Great representation of the character and I understand why people want to lie to themselves but....this doesn't replace his look when he was most powerful and vicious.

With all that out of the way, bring on his daughters!

Actually the people stuck with pajama Thanos are the ones who have to lie to themselves. The armored Thanos is the best looking.

Your package will pass through many other hands domestically before it gets to you. If you don’t hear of any dock workers or UPS employees being infected, then you should be fine.

Or just avoid the source altogether and you should be fine:

ci-corona-extra-2b48031ca2c738b1.jpeg

One thing though, I am not really worried about the gauntlet matching his armor. The creation of the gauntlet was done completely independently from his armor ...so it would make sense for them to not match even though they are both gold in color.

The problem isn't that the gauntlet doesn't match the armor. The problem is that the gauntlet paintjob is inferior to the armor. Way too basic compared to the nice detail/metallic finish/weathering of the armor.

I think both versions look great.

View attachment 479119

GOTG Thanos has my favorite suit/armor design. Figure itself is definitely dated though.

View attachment 479124

Agreed. If you like IW Thanos, then that’s not the “wrong” version to have. IW is the film where Thanos won per se and imo is the better film between the two, so I can see why some people might feel more pulled to that version more just because what it represents. The only thing that’s “wrong” is having neither.

That being said, GotG actually doesn’t look so bad next to EG and IW Thanos when seated on his throne. His lack of size isn’t as discernible, if at all.

Actually the people stuck with pajama Thanos are the ones who have to lie to themselves. The armored Thanos is the best looking.

If they had offered the armored version 1st I would have felt the same way before I watched infinity war, then most fans would have said "we want wifebeater thanos!". Thanos' best scenes by far are from infinity war.

I love the IW Thanos because of the film and it's a keeper. I'm still deciding if i'm getting this one and the BD or just the BD one. One can never have to much grimace lol

Back