1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Armored Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think both versions look great.

View attachment 479119

GOTG Thanos has my favorite suit/armor design. Figure itself is definitely dated though.

View attachment 479124

That is a really nice display!

And I agree with you about the design of the armor on the GOTG version. However the figure is a lot more ?toy-like? than the newer versions. Also although I liked the appearance of the GOTG version, it?s size relative to other figures always bothered me a bit once I had him next to some of the Avengers figures. But he does look awesome on his throne!

My thoughts also. I recall saying something similar to this as well when that first review was posted roughly a month and a half ago, and the reviewer made a remark about the gauntlet not being as gold and shiny as the gauntlet from the IW version and completely matching the hue of the armor.

Buuuuut...it does sort of seem like the gauntlet is indeed the same hue as his armor:

thanosgif2.gif

Wow

In that graphic his gauntlet does seem to match the armor.

Perhaps Thanos made his armor in the Gauntlet's image. To match, so to speak... therefore it should match.

But I also believe it shouldn't.

I don't subscribe the 'bk' meaning 'because'. That's just ebonic.

Yeah it makes sense that Thanos would make the armor to match the gauntlet, but in IW you see that he had that armor many years before he had the gauntlet, as seen when he is on Gamora?s planet when she was a child.

So here is mine.

I am super happy to have this guy, he is a very impressive figure.

I just can?t decide if he looks better with the helmet off or on ...what do you guys think?

Attachments

• 3A393930-7822-445F-885D-9E90593BBD87.jpg
    3A393930-7822-445F-885D-9E90593BBD87.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 241
  • C56942E5-2F7A-4B36-8155-B74F05543337.jpg
    C56942E5-2F7A-4B36-8155-B74F05543337.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 243
  • C8EBA8A6-6DBC-497B-9E8F-83E8EE84232D.jpg
    C8EBA8A6-6DBC-497B-9E8F-83E8EE84232D.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 246
  • EA43FBD2-F112-49BC-9253-B5034E129A2B.jpg
    EA43FBD2-F112-49BC-9253-B5034E129A2B.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 245
  • FF3B2995-EF23-423F-94C1-16A202108190.jpg
    FF3B2995-EF23-423F-94C1-16A202108190.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 245
  • F48CD48C-3E7F-4E31-8186-78CF568D4104.jpg
    F48CD48C-3E7F-4E31-8186-78CF568D4104.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 243
  • 4867A084-FCDC-40F5-A69D-F475E1092AAE.jpg
    4867A084-FCDC-40F5-A69D-F475E1092AAE.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 245
  • 2987A2EC-8E2C-45D0-BDE9-1BF50CA40F42.jpg
    2987A2EC-8E2C-45D0-BDE9-1BF50CA40F42.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 242
I think the best scene is when he is fighting on titan. 2nd would be killing loki which signifies its not just run of the mill superhero film.

I like the entire opening scene. Thor, Hulk, Heimdall, Loki...all subdued in a matter of five minutes.

So here is mine.

I am super happy to have this guy, he is a very impressive figure.

I just can?t decide if he looks better with the helmet off or on ...what do you guys think?

Nice pics. Great lighting and clarity as well to show off all the details in the armor.

I’d go helmet on.

I think the best scene is when he is fighting on titan. 2nd would be killing loki which signifies its not just run of the mill superhero film.

I really like the fight on Titan. Probably why i like the IW version and a extremely close second would be the opening scene.

I love the whole damn movie :lol

See I’m the opposite. The opening scene is my favorite scene of his in IW, so that’s why I prefer the armored version. I also like the fact that you can get an EG look out of it as well, so to me it can pull off both films. As WG also said earlier, it seems to be his most consistent look in all the films he’s appeared in.

IW I agree is the stronger film of the two final Avenger films. Out of the four Avenger films, it’s actually probably my go to. It’s a go to MCU film in general as well.

Man does he look amazing in those photos helmet on and off!

I think the best solution is to buy two and pose one with helmet on and the other with helmet off that way you don?t have to make those hard decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking of posing mine, when I get him, with gauntlet on, blade in hand, and the gauntlet hand holding the helmet and standing on light armor thor's rock base.

See I’m the opposite. The opening scene is my favorite scene of his in IW, so that’s why I prefer the armored version. I also like the fact that you can get an EG look out of it as well, so to me it can pull off both films. As WG also said earlier, it seems to be his most consistent look in all the films he’s appeared in.

IW I agree is the stronger film of the two final Avenger films. Out of the four Avenger films, it’s actually probably my go to. It’s a go to MCU film in general as well.

Yes SilverStar17 you and WG make a great point about this version being the most “consistent” which is part of the appeal for me along with it reminding me of how he looks in the comics. I do love this figure, it is very well done.

As far as wether IW or EG is better that is difficult for me bk there are moments in both that are epic! But overall, as far as story is concerned I would probably have to give a slight nod to IW.

Man does he look amazing in those photos helmet on and off!

I think the best solution is to buy two and pose one with helmet on and the other with helmet off that way you don?t have to make those hard decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahaha that is an excellent suggestion. It would spare me the agony having to choose.

But sadly I limit myself to one version of any character so that is out. Also he is so big and I already have Hulk so it makes me think of some comments that I believe Iron Koob and SilverStar made recently about having a bunch of huge figures somehow diminishing the presence they have individually.

Yeah it makes sense that Thanos would make the armor to match the gauntlet, but in IW you see that he had that armor many years before he had the gauntlet, as seen when he is on Gamora?s planet when she was a child.

That's true... forgot about that.

Maybe he asked Tyrion that the Gauntlet be made to match his armor? :)

That’s what I was thinking as well. He had the armor I presume long before the gauntlet, so if he wanted them to match, it’s more likely he wanted the gauntlet to match his armor.

However, I just don’t imagine Thanos making sure to emphasize the detail “now make sure you use the exact same finish for it that my armor has” when he ordered Eitri to fashion him a gauntlet, as much as he emphasized to simply fashion him a gauntlet that will harness the power of the stones.

If they had offered the armored version 1st I would have felt the same way before I watched infinity war, then most fans would have said "we want wifebeater thanos!". Thanos' best scenes by far are from infinity war.

Well he reminds me a wrestler like WWE KANE when he unmasked, or allot like BANE, sleeveless top that broke Batmans back with his gauntlet. I love both versions, some I can see why they would choose IW Thanos, its the version of Thanos that wins. But in his armour and the infinity gauntlet is a huge appeal, now Im getting the irons studios Thanos endgame version, because its got more swap outs

Well, Eitri could have made the assumption that since Thanos likes gold, he better make it in gold... as opposed to a Silver Gauntlet, or Bronze, or Brass, or Fuchsia.

Well, Eitri could have made the assumption that since Thanos likes gold, he better make it in gold... as opposed to a Silver Gauntlet, or Bronze, or Brass, or Fuchsia.

True, but I don’t imagine Thanos left a sample of his armor so that way Eitri makes sure the finish he imparts on the gauntlet is exactly the correct shade of gold Thanos’ armor is. :lol

Basically alluding to Omega’s original statement that it seems practical the gold finish on the gauntlet wouldn’t precisely match the gold finish on Thanos’ armor.

Back