Hot Toys - Avengers Bruce Banner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually won this via a SS contest recently...looking forward to getting it and checking it out in hand!

got him last Spook, just got around opening him last week, that shows you how excited I am getting him :)

I'm sorry, but I don't get all the hate for this figure. For what he is, he looks good in-hand.
Doesn't photograph the best, but I don't see him ever getting another release, so I am happy to have him
displayed with Hulk.

I still love my Bruce Banner. He's packed away with Hulk right now but he's actually one of my favorites. He's simple but I love Mark Ruffalo as Bruce banner. He's the best yet and the figure is pretty top notch for the price.

:exactly: I agree with you both.

I actually won this via a SS contest recently...looking forward to getting it and checking it out in hand!

Congrats!! :rock :clap

I wish I would've won him! I'm not lucky at all with these SS contest. Been 8 years and I've never won a thing. Not even the elusive keychain.

I wish I would've won him! I'm not lucky at all with these SS contest. Been 8 years and I've never won a thing. Not even the elusive keychain.

I usually don't win things either...just got lucky! He will be my first Hot Toys fig, but I just ordered Winter Soldier....one of my fav characters in the MCU and the comics! I'm thinking about displaying Banner w/ Vision once I PO and get Vision (since Banner comes with Loki's scepter).

Was hoping to open my BB fig today, but UPS tried to deliver while I was at work and left a notice on my door. What baffles me is that I had to pay UPS $6.00 to have them hold it at a UPS Store for pick up tomorrow. They claimed that they aren't allowed to hold it at the UPS Shipping Center (which is closer to my house) for free because of restrictions SS has placed. Makes zero sense to me: So in summary, they won't try to deliver at a later time (even though I called them and told them I work until 330 each day), will hold for you at a UPS Shipment Center for free if sender doesn't have a restriction, if sender does have restriction then you pay at least $6.00 to hold it at the UPS Store.

Does anyone else think that is shady? Sorry guys...rant over :gah:

Chris: you can call sideshow to have them remove the restrictions... i've done it before and they were able to remove it in minutes.

Was hoping to open my BB fig today, but UPS tried to deliver while I was at work and left a notice on my door. What baffles me is that I had to pay UPS $6.00 to have them hold it at a UPS Store for pick up tomorrow. They claimed that they aren't allowed to hold it at the UPS Shipping Center (which is closer to my house) for free because of restrictions SS has placed. Makes zero sense to me: So in summary, they won't try to deliver at a later time (even though I called them and told them I work until 330 each day), will hold for you at a UPS Shipment Center for free if sender doesn't have a restriction, if sender does have restriction then you pay at least $6.00 to hold it at the UPS Store.

Chris: you can call sideshow to have them remove the restrictions... i've done it before and they were able to remove it in minutes.

I was annoyed because I just missed the UPS truck stopping at my house to deliver this. To my surprise, it was left at my door...first time that's happened, as I've had to sign for all my other Hot Toys. It also was the least I've paid for one so maybe that's it....

You can also signup for UPS My Choice and pre-authorize them to leave packages at your door even if a signature is requried

I cannot get packages from sideshow held at the ups distribution center that is one block from them and I have the paid my choice. The distribution center is one mile from my work so it would be convenient for me. From my experience SS has no exception delivery restrictions on packages over a certain amount. Think it is like $300 or $400. For the large more expensive packages I cannot receive I usually just fill out the alternate shipping form and email it to them and have it delivered to my work.

Thanks I will try that next time, I went a head and paid the $6 because it wasn't that much. However, I still think it is ridiculous and that UPS is just trying to make an extra $

I cannot get packages from sideshow held at the ups distribution center that is one block from them and I have the paid my choice. The distribution center is one mile from my work so it would be convenient for me. From my experience SS has no exception delivery restrictions on packages over a certain amount. Think it is like $300 or $400. For the large more expensive packages I cannot receive I usually just fill out the alternate shipping form and email it to them and have it delivered to my work.

I'm pretty new to the hobby and I don't plan on purchasing a lot of figures on a consistent basis (I'm on a budget lol I'm a teacher). I'd like to get a few each year. Do you know how much the my choice costs? I still think its ridiculous. They lady on the phone from UPS told me I could do that or pay the $6. When I asked her why she couldn't send a notice to the driver to deliver it after 330 when I'd be home to sign for it and show my ID, she had no answer. I know UPS is who SS uses, but I wonder if Fed-Ex would be any better or do the same? It makes me not want to use UPS when I ship items now.

Heads up, if you are ok with the package being left at your door step, you can try this but it only works based on your UPS driver. I have a friend who has delivered for them forever and he told me to do this.

You can leave a note on your door asking to leave the package for tracking number (write your tracking) here at the door on (full date) then write thank you followed by your name printed then your signature. They can take this instead of needing a sig. Just make sure to watch your tracking and put this up after it says out for delivery to make sure the date is correct.

This has been my go to for my last 3 hot toys.

Heads up, if you are ok with the package being left at your door step, you can try this but it only works based on your UPS driver. I have a friend who has delivered for them forever and he told me to do this.

You can leave a note on your door asking to leave the package for tracking number (write your tracking) here at the door on (full date) then write thank you followed by your name printed then your signature. They can take this instead of needing a sig. Just make sure to watch your tracking and put this up after it says out for delivery to make sure the date is correct.

This has been my go to for my last 3 hot toys.

Thanks a lot I appreciate that!

Thanks I will try that next time, I went a head and paid the $6 because it wasn't that much. However, I still think it is ridiculous and that UPS is just trying to make an extra $

Just to clarify a bit, in my case it was for Star-Lord, so it was under $250 value, so I can not speak for the $300-$400 restrictions Sideshow might have. What I did was call Sideshow to have the restriction removed, then I called UPS to have them hold it at the distribution center to be picked up at night. In my case, the pickup window is only open from 7:30-8pm id I remember correctly.

Back