Hot Toys - Avengers Bruce Banner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still love Bruce Banner. He's an underrated figure. I wouldn't mind a new figure of him though. Will be picking up the new Hulk also but here's my Bruce and his alter ego.

2cy44xs.jpg

Nice pic Ryan

Poor Banner got the short end of the stick. They could've done much better with the sculpt, but I do have to say that I like the figure. It's been working well in my HOA display with Stark

I don't have a Hulk yet...but I wanted to ask, is Banner worth picking up? I have my three Hot Toys Avengers (see my instagram for pics) and I have Star Lord coming...is Banner needed for the Avengers?

I don't have a Hulk yet...but I wanted to ask, is Banner worth picking up? I have my three Hot Toys Avengers (see my instagram for pics) and I have Star Lord coming...is Banner needed for the Avengers?

I guess that depends who you ask; you can get very different opinions :lol

Some people appreciate the fig, some people think it's a downright fail. I'm one who appreciates it while recognizing it's flaws.

I wouldn't call it an essential Avengers figure at all. It's much more of a supplemental or secondary figure, but it boils down to how big of a fan you are. I loved Ruffalo's Banner so it was a no-brainer for me. I would still say, regardless of how big of a fan someone is, this was never really worth the retail price. If you can get a good deal, and you like/want/need the fig enough, than do it. They were doing killer deals during Spooktacular where he was $120 shipped + extra rewards. I think deals like that would be hard to come by now, but if you can get him new for $150-$160, that ain't bad.

I guess that depends who you ask; you can get very different opinions :lol

Some people appreciate the fig, some people think it's a downright fail. I'm one who appreciates it while recognizing it's flaws.

I wouldn't call it an essential Avengers figure at all. It's much more of a supplemental or secondary figure, but it boils down to how big of a fan you are. I loved Ruffalo's Banner so it was a no-brainer for me. I would still say, regardless of how big of a fan someone is, this was never really worth the retail price. If you can get a good deal, and you like/want/need the fig enough, than do it. They were doing killer deals during Spooktacular where he was $120 shipped + extra rewards. I think deals like that would be hard to come by now, but if you can get him new for $150-$160, that ain't bad.

Well...with the St. Patrick's day discount, Banner would only be $146 shipped. Still debating...

Question for anyone who knows their truetypes! I'm looking to pick up this figure, but I want to use the iminime sculpt instead of the HT one. Problem is, the iminime sculpt already has a neck, which the body of this figure also has. So my options are either removing the neck from the iminime sculpt (which is a no-no), or replacing this body with one that doesn't have a neck. So what body could I use as a replacement? :confused:

I picked up Banner again from a fellow freak for about $100 shipped after selling him off the first time. I added a few accessories and swapped out his jacket for a lab coat. NOW Banner looks better.

C11NCEW.jpg

VFgurF6.jpg

I sold mine but may rebuy it if I can get it pretty cheap(near $100).

Question for anyone who knows their truetypes! I'm looking to pick up this figure, but I want to use the iminime sculpt instead of the HT one. Problem is, the iminime sculpt already has a neck, which the body of this figure also has. So my options are either removing the neck from the iminime sculpt (which is a no-no), or replacing this body with one that doesn't have a neck. So what body could I use as a replacement? :confused:

This one will work: 1 6 Scale Male Body Series w Highly Cost Effective Edge MX02 A Caucasian Skin | eBay
It's about the same size, and although it doesn't look it, has about the same shoulder size and arm thickness.
You can save your Banner body in the box in case you ever decide to sell it.

I picked up Banner again from a fellow freak for about $100 shipped after selling him off the first time. I added a few accessories and swapped out his jacket for a lab coat. NOW Banner looks better.

Really digging that look! Might have to pick up a lab coat too now.

This one will work: 1 6 Scale Male Body Series w Highly Cost Effective Edge MX02 A Caucasian Skin | eBay
It's about the same size, and although it doesn't look it, has about the same shoulder size and arm thickness.
You can save your Banner body in the box in case you ever decide to sell it.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. :hi5:

Using Star20 comes out to 147 for me(darn CA sales tax). Still too much.

Just picked Bruce up from SSC for $135 shipped after using their 20% code including double rewards.

Despite my previous post, I bought him too lol. I used the code but mine was $147. Not crazy about the price but at least I got the rewards

Back