1/6 Hot Toys - Avengers: AOU - Iron Man Mark VII :CHOCOOLATE Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the thing, they may be doing those that live out of the reach of these figures a service at a premium cost, but how about the local collectors who can in fact reach these stores and find themselves fighting a losing battle with someone who 1. Has a connect 2. Has the time to line up for multiple days 3. Has the money to grab up a stupid amount of multiples for profit

Those collectors are screwed and find themselves paying the resell price in order to get their hands on a figure they want, thus ultimately raising the value of the figure.

I'm now 33 years old and grew up in a time when getting a pair of Jordan's was as easy as walking into your local sneaker store and buying them....now because of handful of reasons, 1 being resellers most "sneakerheads" found themselves out the loop....hype is at an all time high and quality at an all time low, everyone wants to be a reseller, most people buy kicks to see how much they can make on them and not because they have a genuine interest or love for them....kids getting shot and killed at lineups, etc.

I just never been a fan of resellers, buy it if you want it, but buying something limited in order to place your own premium on it to capitalize on profit is a bit greedy.

There's members here who live internationally and procure collectibles from companies in Malaysia, Brazil, Signapore, etc and offer services selling them to US/Ca collectors who otherwise would have no chance owning them do to distribution license restrictions. Typically, the local resellers here don't inflate the item cost and rake fellow collectors over the coals for their service. I'm sure they make a little on the transactions and deservedly so, and many are glad to pay it. These members are generally held in high regard in the community.

That's much different than scalpers who pay people to stand in lines for them to obtain limited collectibles just so they can jack the price up 900% for the sole purpose of lining their own pockets.

One type cares about the collecting community and the people in it, the other doesn't.

There's members here who live internationally and procure collectibles from companies in Malaysia, Brazil, Signapore, etc and offer services selling them to US/Ca collectors who otherwise would have no chance owning them do to distribution license restrictions. Typically, the local resellers here don't inflate the item cost and rake fellow collectors over the coals for their service. I'm sure they make a little on the transactions and deservedly so, and many are glad to pay it. These members are generally held in high regard in the community.

That's much different than scalpers who pay people to stand in lines for them to obtain limited collectibles just so they can jack the price up 900% for the sole purpose of lining their own pockets.

One type cares about the collecting community and the people in it, the other doesn't.

EXACTLY!

So far that's what separates this hobby from the hobby of collecting kicks....here there is still that sense of brotherhood where collectors selfishlessly help other collectors out at nothing more than the cost of their time and shipping...dudes like BS who take time out their life to pick up figures for people early...this is something you don't see in the sneaker world....**** is legit sad, these clowns have their grandmas hold a spot in line for them....cop a limited sneaker for retail say 250$ walk out the store and sell it to someone in the back of the line for 600$ :lol

It's pretty childish and crappy to call someone a scum bag becuase he bought something you wanted. (Not saying the person I quoted here said that but someone did and others say about the same thing)

Appreciate the devil's advocate, but I think you're being a tad naive. The fact that these individuals even bother to take pictures like this just shows they mean to boast and advertise their "achievement".

To be clear I don't have any interest in the figure nor did I have any interest in the predators above, but it doesn't make it any less despicable and disrespectful to the community.

I'd say the more childish ones are people who hire others to fist fight over toys for them.

Didn't this store have a 1 per person limit? They can't just let one person come in and buy as many as they want.

Those are nice.... kinda generic but I like em, especially the VIII

Are you calling this: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ZtJgolzVfgk/U9UhCau9Z6I/AAAAAAAAC3I/PmDqOWU3xdA/s1600/mark+8+copy.jpg generic? :cuckoo:

You are using words that you don't understand the meaning of: generic - Wiktionary

And the Mark IX looks even better: Simple File Sharing and Storage.

On second thought the Mark VIII is the one that looks the best.

No, the Mark IX looks the best.

God!

I can't decide.

Nah, the Mark VIII looks the best.

Oh no of course not. Its not generic on its own. I just meant that compared to the much more unique HPP armors they are very similar to the basic Iron Man suit III-VII

and I do understand the meaning of Generic so the link and condescension is not necessary:wink1:

Mark 8 isn't unique in any way, a mash of Cent & 7. Pretty boring compared to other armors that boast unique, awesome, innovative designs.

Mark 8 isn't unique in any way, a mash of Cent & 7. Pretty boring compared to other armors that boast unique, awesome, innovative designs.

Mark VIII Golden Centurion? :lol

And boring?

No dude... just no.

So as to recap: to hell with the Mark VII diecast... I want a Mark VIII.

And boring?

No dude... just no.

And boring may not be the best word. But it's not unique. It's not a new design, but a small evolution of the existing look.

As for you wanting it...if it's not in the movies it won't get made. The repaints are one thing, the tooling exists for those and they are used to market. A completly new design (figure wise) would not get made if not in a movie given the current licensing agreement hot toys has with marvel. Just not a possability at this time.

And boring?

No dude... just no.

Yeah bruh. Boring. It's the best word.

Nothing original about that armor design at all makes it boring in my book when you have dozens of other unique armors to compare it to.

Looks okay though, and Hot Toys may make the 8 since they have the Cent & 7 molds completed already. I'd buy it lol.

I don't think it's boring. No more so then anything else. I don't find the iv and vi boring.

I to would buy it. But it won't get made unless it's in a film. Other companies would not allow it due to license issues.

this one?

1484438_1443867822577964_7640346890363214571_n.jpg

View attachment 181262

Bastard!! I hope someone mugs him on his way home.

Back