1/6 Hot Toys - Avengers: AOU - Iron Man Mark VII :CHOCOOLATE Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tried to get one earlier.

bummed coz the shop is on 5/f so we queued on the lift, less than 10 guys.

then people started to queue in front where the escalators were at.
mall security then told us we need to queue with the other people so we did only to be directed to the lifts when they opened.

there was a lot of pushing and shoving (mostly because of greedy people that want to take advantage of this item).

when we reached the shop on 5/f, few people were let in, around 30 only or so.
however, one of the guys who worked in chocoolate said there will be 50 sets available.

if they're selling one set per person only, where are the rest?

really sad since i could've had the chance if i queued in the other entrance when no one else is.

oh well, will try the pre order for normal version and will hope for the best.

Thanks for sharing... it's nice to read something interesting for a change and not a bunch of dude-bros spamming their asses off.

I was there this morning too Zinedrei. It was ridiculous how people were fighting over this. The biggest problem is that there were some guys who paid maids, etc. to stay in line outside the mall early this morning and purchase this for them to resale at higher prices. Chocoolate was terrible in managing the lines as they had absolutely no staff to do so until you reached the store, and at that point it was a free for all. The guys who hired all the women to line up tried to make it an "official line" and of course it wasn't, so when some others showed up and went ahead of them (which they were perfectly in the right to do so as well), all hell broke loose. I actually saw one of those manager type guys start jumping over the iron gates to try and get inside and when staff tried to stop him, he started trying to fight and went crazy, actually slamming his forehead into the iron gates! Insane! At that point they started closing the front gates to the store again.
I asked an employee if there were really only 50 sets available and he said yes. As there were so many people still in front of me trying to push, shove, argue, etc., I just left. Not worth it. Hot Toys announced there is another 600 up for sale as a lucky draw via e mail registration today for purchase in the next couple of weeks as well.
It's really sad as I am a huge collector and only wanted one for myself for my collection, as did many other people there. The greedy "managers" who hired out all the females to line up for them were the main cause of all the pushing, shoving, and fighting. Those guys just wanted to buy up all the stock to resale at higher prices, making it too difficult for those of us who just wanted one for our own collections.

I was there this morning too Zinedrei. It was ridiculous how people were fighting over this. The biggest problem is that there were some guys who paid maids, etc. to stay in line outside the mall early this morning and purchase this for them to resale at higher prices. Chocoolate was terrible in managing the lines as they had absolutely no staff to do so until you reached the store, and at that point it was a free for all. The guys who hired all the women to line up tried to make it an "official line" and of course it wasn't, so when some others showed up and went ahead of them (which they were perfectly in the right to do so as well), all hell broke loose. I actually saw one of those manager type guys start jumping over the iron gates to try and get inside and when staff tried to stop him, he started trying to fight and went crazy, actually slamming his forehead into the iron gates! Insane! At that point they started closing the front gates to the store again.
I asked an employee if there were really only 50 sets available and he said yes. As there were so many people still in front of me trying to push, shove, argue, etc., I just left. Not worth it. Hot Toys announced there is another 600 up for sale as a lucky draw via e mail registration today for purchase in the next couple of weeks as well.
It's really sad as I am a huge collector and only wanted one for myself for my collection, as did many other people there. The greedy "managers" who hired out all the females to line up for them were the main cause of all the pushing, shoving, and fighting. Those guys just wanted to buy up all the stock to resale at higher prices, making it too difficult for those of us who just wanted one for our own collections.

So I gave up collecting and buying sneakers in order to avoid all the BS that came with some of the releases and I end up back at square 1 with Hot Toys :lol

Thank God for Sideshow

:lol Wow. Next time you'll have to hire your own crew of line squatters.

So I gave up collecting and buying sneakers in order to avoid all the BS that came with some of the releases and I end up back at square 1 with Hot Toys :lol

Thank God for Sideshow

Were you on NikeTalk with the same username? I mostly contributed to the past few LeBron threads but I remember frequently seeing your pictures in the wdywt thread. Long story short I'm looking to get into Hot Toys and slow down on sneakers myself! I will say it's a trip to see the parallels between "collector" communities regardless of what it is people are collecting.

Were you on NikeTalk with the same username? I mostly contributed to the past few LeBron threads but I remember frequently seeing your pictures in the wdywt thread. Long story short I'm looking to get into Hot Toys and slow down on sneakers myself! I will say it's a trip to see the parallels between "collector" communities regardless of what it is people are collecting.

Yea, what people collect is not the same...but the way it's done and the reactions and the in fighting is the same. I collect all kinds of strange unconnected crap and it's all the same. I collect civil war items (authentic weapons and Med kits and so on) and kicks, and art (mostly peter LIK stuff) and comics, and original comic art, and MOTU items and hot toys and hi-Fi stuff and jewelry/gems...it's all the same game.

Thank God for Sideshow

I went to buy some Nike Espo's when I used to collect sneakers. My friend managed a boutique where he typically could get his hands on most limited release dunks and would hold them for me. Anyway, they weren't getting the Espo's and we both wanted them bad. Drove to Nike Town in downtown San Francisco and saw a little line in front of the store and got pumped. Found parking on the other side of the block and walked around to the front of the store only to see that the line curved down the alley and what appeared as a few people turned into a ton. As we walked down the alley, it got longer and longer and longer, until finally we got to the end of the alley. When I turned around to see others hopping in line behind us, I noticed my buddy's car 15 steps away. :slap

When I pointed out to him my discovery of his automobile, he unlocked the car and said, "f this..." and we left.

First and last time I lined up to go get anything exclusive. Oh and those three at the front of the line started lining up on December 31 and the shoes went on sale January 2nd. They rang in the new year sleeping in front of a store just for shoes.

Last edited:
Im trying to find that one picture on Instagram of a guy who bought like 14...
this one?

1484438_1443867822577964_7640346890363214571_n.jpg

*****K that guy... People like that ruin this hobby.

People like that are also the only way folks that don't live in the place it's sold have access to it. And if not for some resellers there's a chance a large number of people don't get into the hobby.

People like that are also the only way folks that don't live in the place it's sold have access to it. And if not for some resellers there's a chance a large number of people don't get into the hobby.

They are not doing it as a favor to those people tho...only thing resellers do is feed the hype and raise the price of an already low quantity/highly sought after figure....

People like those is the reason I hung up the white flag on buying sneakers.....eventually they will ruin this hobby as well....we complaint about hot toys prices and that's buying from retailers who's mark up is literally 20-40$ from what I notice....let resellers get caught on this hobby and its a wrap, start getting used to the idea of 200-500$ above retail from HT.

Damn that person probably had security on him, I would of try to take one especially after waiting for so long and not getting anything. Just don't think it's fair. IMO :/

They are not doing it as a favor to those people tho...only thing resellers do is feed the hype and raise the price of an already low quantity/highly sought after figure....

People like those is the reason I hung up the white flag on buying sneakers.....eventually they will ruin this hobby as well....we complaint about hot toys prices and that's buying from retailers who's mark up is literally 20-40$ from what I notice....let resellers get caught on this hobby and its a wrap, start getting used to the idea of 200-500$ above retail from HT.

I didn't say he did it as a favor. I said he did it, and it's the only way people not at the show/event can get it.

The sellers don't drive the price. Buyers do. If no one buys it then the price drops.

If the only people that buy them keep them then no one not in attendance gets it.

It's pretty childish and crappy to call someone a scum bag becuase he bought something you wanted. (Not saying the person I quoted here said that but someone did and others say about the same thing)

I would of had no shot at these. Nor most people on this site. And if every unit went to someone keeping it then that's it. People are posting photos of people they don't know, and calling them names just becuase they have bought stuff. You don't know what exactly he did with them based on a photo. What he spent the profit on it he sold them. How many people here have multiples of a figure, or army build or have huge collections or anything like that? What if some random person posted a photo of you and your collection and called you names and made claims about what you do, based on a photo? It's stupid and irresponsible. He bought some toys. That's it. What he does with them is completly within his rights to do so.

Back