Hot Toys Avatar is official (Movie spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been an official release on how big these figures are going to be? I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how giant they'll have to be in order to be in proper scale :google

Has there been an official release on how big these figures are going to be? I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how giant they'll have to be in order to be in proper scale :google

Nope, nothing official yet... But, if HT is making these in the proper scale they're probably somewhere around 18" or 20" I think...

In one way, the wait is killing me...in another, I know HT are working their asses off making them the best they can possibly be.

Apologies for bumping this w/o pics. I know it would make me mad.

In one way, the wait is killing me...in another, I know HT are working their asses off making them the best they can possibly be.

Apologies for bumping this w/o pics. I know it would make me mad.

:mad::mad::mad:

:D

I know Neytiri is the most anticipated figure but with every joint exposed and head to toe paint even Hot Toys has their work cut out for them. It'll be interesting to see if they can pull it off.

1000neytiri.jpg

Thats why I'm wondering if it will be a jointed rubber body, or a body with no visible joints similar to Alien or dog alien (softer rubber) which would make me wonder about :

A) Poseability
B) deterioration over time

Given the choice I would prefer it to look more aesthetically pleasing than have more posing possibities.

Will be interesting to see how it works out. Also the sheer size of them if they are to be in 1/6th, I hope theyre not heavy. Because theyre not going tobe cheap and last thing I want is to have a suicidal giant smurf on my shelf

come on man i thought they were pics. waaaaaaaaahhhhhh.

I know Neytiri is the most anticipated figure but with every joint exposed and head to toe paint even Hot Toys has their work cut out for them. It'll be interesting to see if they can pull it off.

1000neytiri.jpg

Well compared to that fantastic still from the actual CGI model, I think we are going to be VERY disappointed. But I hope not!:horror

I'd rather have visible joints than a rubber skin! If it has a rubber exo I will not buy it!

^^^^

What a dramatic first post!

Welcome! :duff

I think that visible joints might be OK if they do it like they did Wolverine.

If there are visible joints, hopefully they will be discreet. Because if theyre not, it will make for a pretty ugly figure, especially since its going to be so huge and I would rather give up some articulation for it to look better. Just me though

EDIT: :wave:welcome wolfmammy :wave Enjoy the freak show

Guys come on i know we are patiantly waiting and hot toys is close to a reveal but enough with the bumping, jeez its like everytime i come to this thread i die a little inside from the disapointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back