Hot Toys Assassin's Creed II - **Updated with Official Specs and Pics**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uh, didn't Altair look exactly like Desmond? Ubisoft based both designs on one actor/model.

Like you said, we never see Altair without his hood, so basically only his face from the nose downward is viewable in most circumstances. Desmond's facial features from that point down is practically the same as Altair's, so HT could just base their sculpt fully on Desmond without having to worry about Altair's hair style or whatever.

But.. then we'd have a Desmond Miles figure, not one of Altair :lol. I mean, Ezio also had a resemblance to Desmond (since he was Desmond's ancestor), but you could still tell their faces apart :dunno.

But.. then we'd have a Desmond Miles figure, not one of Altair :lol. I mean, Ezio also had a resemblance to Desmond (since he was Desmond's ancestor), but you could still tell their faces apart :dunno.

No, we'd have a figure of Altair. Who is going to display the figure without the hood on? You never fully see Altair's entire head in the game or anywhere else, and the feature's of his lower face are practically the same as Desmond's -- the shape of his nose is the same as is the scar on his lip.

If there are differences in their faces, I'd like you to point them out. The developers have already made it clear that both Desmond and Altair are based on this guy:

200px-Francisco_randez.jpg

altair_2.jpg

Altair_closeup.jpg

Desmond.jpg

^^ agreed! Altair easily resembles Desmond almost perfectly in game. Ezio is the one who looks to have different facial characteristics, but still recognizable as Desmond's ancestor.

So, I think an Altair is definitely possible and I hope they give us one!

and since they are so similar facially, hopefully he will come with street clothes for a Desmond look :rock

No, we'd have a figure of Altair. Who is going to display the figure without the hood on? You never fully see Altair's entire head in the game or anywhere else, and the feature's of his lower face are practically the same as Desmond's -- the shape of his nose is the same as is the scar on his lip.

If there are differences in their faces, I'd like you to point them out. The developers have already made it clear that both Desmond and Altair are based on this guy:

200px-Francisco_randez.jpg

So... you're affirming that if Hot Toys produces an Altair figure, it's most likely going to be one without a removeable hood (since we never saw Altair's full head in the game). That kinda blows. But, whatever. As I mentioned before, I don't really care for an Altair figure :nana:.

By the way, who is that guy?! :lol

Last edited:
So... you're affirming that if Hot Toys produces an Altair figure, it's most likely going to be one without a removeable hood (since we never saw Altair's full head in the game). That kinda blows. But, whatever. As I mentioned before, I don't really care for an Altair figure :nana:.

By the way, who is that guy?! :lol

I guess so, but would it be so terrible if you removed the hood on the figure and saw Desmond's face? I would like that actually because, like Gipetto said, you could buy a second head sculpt and kitbash your own Desmond figure.

That guy in the photo, his name is Francisco Randez. I think he's a model or something.

btw here's a gift for you, Solidus:

altair1.jpg

If you mean the figures from NECA and Play Arts, I'm pretty sure that they had irremovable hoods (please correct me if I'm wrong). In other words, Altair had some sort of face-sculpt, but not a head sculpt.

Unless of course, there's a figure with a removeable hood, that I don't know about.

I'm fairly certain it wouldn't be too hard for HT to have some artistic license with the back of someones head.

On the Neca figure the hood isn't meant to be removed but the full headsculpt is still there. if you rip the hood off there's a full headsculpt underneath.

Last edited:
People say both characters are based on that guy, but I swear when AC1 was original, I remember reading that Altair's features were slightly based off of a different guy. A cuban actor. David Fumero or something. I still even have his picture somewhere and he does indeed have matching features, but the base is that guy ^ which is a dead ringer for Des. I'll try dig it up.

from the trivia section of https://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Desmond_Miles

# He is modelled after Francisco Randez and voiced by Nolan North. Curiously, Randez also used to be a bartender before he became a model. This may have inspired the makers of the game to give Desmond the same profession.
# His face changes slightly in Assassin's Creed II to match the look of Ezio, whose face also slightly differs from Altaïr's in the first game.
# In Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood he has grown a beard and his skin is more pale, similar to the look Ezio gained near the end of Assassin's Creed II.
# Desmond possesses the same scar on his lip as his ancestors Altaïr and Ezio had.

so from that, I'd say that it is in fact true that they are all modeled after the same person, Francisco Randez, with just slight changes to the face when made into Ezio

I hope all future AC games have a different main character that looks like the same guy. :lol They might as well keep it consistent even though it doesn't make any sense.

What, I looked the same like my grandfather when he was my age, except for his scar on his eyebrow.

But other than that we're like twins.

It's possible. But rare.

Oh, release date has been set to the 15th instead of the 11th.

I guess so, but would it be so terrible if you removed the hood on the figure and saw Desmond's face? I would like that actually because, like Gipetto said, you could buy a second head sculpt and kitbash your own Desmond figure.

That guy in the photo, his name is Francisco Randez. I think he's a model or something.

btw here's a gift for you, Solidus:

altair1.jpg

OMG... it's Derek Zoolander! :rotfl

is this true?

Kristen Bell as Lucy Stillman in Assassin's Creed 1 & 2
lucyu.jpg

Had no idea....

Check this link for more Game characters inspired by real people, very cool: https://www.gametrailers.com/users/USSR/gamepad/?action=viewblog&id=516691

actually, it is true. she even plays the voice. she looks a bit different in the second game, just as they altered Ezio from looking like Desmond, they altered her face as well, with a slightly better looking figure and more natural/casual look, but Bell still does the voice.

Back