Hot Toys - Artist Collection - AVP: Samurai Predator 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
def some sort of clear purple.

the alien body is clear plastic, so i think HT's tried to replicate that look with the red underlayer and clear purple on top. with that in mind i find it even harder to believe the red alone was intended at all etc. the blood-loss look now used as excuse i think is where the red is left to show on the mouth area of the purple heads. purple is fading away.

long sory short they ran out of clear purple paint. :slap

^^^^^IMO!

Now if you actually contacted HTs and convinced them to give you a purple painted xeno head, then that would be some info worth dispensing. :peace

this. let us know what happens pls butters!:)

Last edited:
Got Mine !!
Thanks to ABCEXPRESS (ebay shop HK) !!

3a.jpg

4a.jpg

5a.jpg

8a.jpg

11a.jpg

Yeah !!
13a.jpg

No...it is you who is mouthing off! Just trying reading the thread before interjecting. :peace

:lol:slap Yeah, I thought so...you don't have the figure, just mouthing off invectives. You might want to take your own advice and check back through the thread -- but here's a little something to get you on your way...

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4926073&postcount=2266

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4945245&postcount=2470

Did you even bother to read the review?!

https://www.otakumouse.com/figures/hot-toys-customer-service/12723/

^^^yo butters did you ever hear back form HTs? did they ask you to send it in and get re-painted? :)

No, nothing yet.

So all that BS about how sure you were that HTs was going to fix the problem is just that...bullshait!

I've read the thread, you apparently don't understand the answer they gave you as SSCs asked HTs about the issue and their official response is "there is no issue."

I never said I owned the figure nor have I said anything derogatory about it. The problem that I and others have is the head of the base. I had the figure on order but cancelled when Richard from CSC's let me know all his stock had the brown head.

It's always funny when someone comes into a conversation to defend these companies as if they are owners of the company.

And yes, not only did I read your post, I used YOUR pics to show Richard what I was talking about!!! :slap

The reality is you have NO IDEA if HTs will fix/ replace the brown head you have....you got no f@/)ing clue. You're just blowharding cause some guy from the friggin Phillipines got his iron man replaced...does he even have an official HTs distributer in the Phillipines?!?! :huh. I used to get the EXACT same service from HTs BEFORE they had SSCs as the North American distributer. After that deal, their response has been to contact your distributer...and we all know how that went.

So Butters, go enjoy your one purple head and your one brown head and get back to us when you have some concrete information to share. Other than that, just post some pics of the purple one so the rest of us who don't want to pay full price for what we consider a manufacturer defect can live vicariously through you.

Last edited:
So all that BS about how sure you were that HTs was going to fix the problem is just that...bullshait!

I've read the thread, you apparently don't understand the answer they gave you as SSCs asked HTs about the issue and their official response is "there is no issue."

I never said I owned the figure nor have I said anything derogatory about it. The problem that I and others have is the head of the base. I had the figure on order but cancelled when Richard from CSC's let me know all his stock had the brown head.

It's always funny when someone comes into a conversation to defend these companies as if they are owners of the company.

And yes, not only did I read your post, I used YOUR pics to show Richard what I was talking about!!! :slap

The reality is you have NO IDEA if HTs will fix/ replace the brown head you have....you got no f@/)ing clue. You're just blowharding cause some guy from the friggin Phillipines got his iron man replaced...does he even have an official HTs distributer in the Phillipines?!?! :huh. I used to get the EXACT same service from HTs BEFORE they had SSCs as the North American distributer. After that deal, their response has been to contact your distributer...and we all know how that went.

So Butters, go enjoy your one purple head and your one brown head and get back to us when you have some concrete information to share. Other than that, just post some pics of the purple one so the rest of us who don't want to pay full price for what we consider a manufacturer defect can live vicariously through you.

You called it out man. :D

Lee is right; I have wanted this since they announced it but you have to draw the line somewhere. Everyone has a line; if the whole figure was rainbow colored slop no one would buy it and for something this price that kind of error along with that kind of explanation is past the line for me.

just received mine today got a purple head to boot.....if anyones interested i used abc express on ebay ,paid 370 dollars 280 euros in auction ,no taxes or pp.....might be worth a punt

@Lee, now you're just making the story up as you go along... I never declared that HT would fix anything, but it's certainly worth contacting them. No?

There was nothing in the email for sideshow informing us that it was HT official response, that's just your overactive imagination...

I posted the link about HT customer service because it's obvious that they do care about customers.

Thanks for your concerns (i.e., mouthing off), but it's really none of your business what I or others chose to do.

Most of the people with the 'problem' in this thread aren't bothered by it, myself included.

Enjoy the photos and stop whining in my ear about a problem that isn't even affecting you. :wave :lol

19044544.jpg

IMG_1030.jpg

Awesome! I'm thinking about doing something like that with my DID Samurai or maybe Noland...

The figure looks awesome, I would like to own it but have other prioritys atm. The price and the brown head issue is also abit of a deterant along with the fact that its not a must own iconic predator, just the coolest looking predator there is:panic:

Back