Hot Toys - Artist Collection - AVP: Samurai Predator 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trust me, the missing purple wash does absolutely nothing to deminish the awesomeness of this figure. HT will fix your head if you contact them.

::duff The 'pro' pics we've seen are great, but they still don't fully convey how stunning the figure looks in hand.

Got Mine !!
Thanks to ABCEXPRESS (ebay shop HK) !!

3a.jpg

4a.jpg

5a.jpg

8a.jpg

11a.jpg

Yeah !!
13a.jpg

HTs will not repair the head. Since the DX 02 debacle, HTs has been directing customers to seek recompense through their official dealer...which in North America is ultimately/usually Sideshow...and we all know what their response has been :slap

Butters, when was the last time HTs replaced/repaired a figure for you? Cause I seriously don't recall anyone getting any help from them in a VERY long while.

I was one who got the "brown" head. Don't really like it. I contacted Sideshow about it and they got a response from Hot Toys. HT said it is an artists interpretation of "blood loss". If that's the case then all of the severed heads should be the same color, which we all know are not. The color variation to me is not that bad. Both parts of the head have the same hues and they way I have it displayed with the "crown" of the head towards the front,you really don't notice the sides. All in all It's still an awesome figure!

Another. Side show said that if I was not satisfied they would give me a refund( not replacement ) for the figure. I certainly don't want a refund!

HTs will not repair the head. Since the DX 02 debacle, HTs has been directing customers to seek recompense through their official dealer...which in North America is ultimately/usually Sideshow...and we all know what their response has been :slap

Butters, when was the last time HTs replaced/repaired a figure for you? Cause I seriously don't recall anyone getting any help from them in a VERY long while.

We already know what HTs plans to do about the xeno head color...and the answer is NOTHING. :thud:

They sent me a replacement pair of sunglasses for my IM IV not that long ago.

Have you got a problem with your figure or are you just mouthing off?

I haven't received a reply back from HT CS yet, but this is an example of what you can expect from my previous experiences with them:

https://www.otakumouse.com/figures/hot-toys-customer-service/12723/

I, like many, also have a brown head which I can honestly care less about.
Maybe it is because I have been collecting Sideshow Sculpts for the past year or so but to me the Samurai Predator is nowhere near as nice as it should be for it's cost. I am mainly referring to the base be comes with. The figure itself is solid for a 1/6 scale figure.
First off the Diorama display to me looks aweful and very cheap...almost like something MacFarlane toys would put out or maybe even cheap Neca (I do not hate all Neca) stuff.
So I decided to display the Samurai Predator by itself just using an extra Hot Toys stand that I have.
Having the Samurai displayed next to all the other Hot Toys Predators that I have such as all 3 super Preds from the new Predators movie...as well as the new Classic and Shadow...he looks badass. :)

I am still deciding if I should order the City Hunter Predator I probably will.

I, like many, also have a brown head which I can honestly care less about.
Maybe it is because I have been collecting Sideshow Sculpts for the past year or so but to me the Samurai Predator is nowhere near as nice as it should be for it's cost. I am mainly referring to the base be comes with. The figure itself is solid for a 1/6 scale figure.
First off the Diorama display to me looks aweful and very cheap...almost like something MacFarlane toys would put out or maybe even cheap Neca (I do not hate all Neca) stuff.
So I decided to display the Samurai Predator by itself just using an extra Hot Toys stand that I have.
Having the Samurai displayed next to all the other Hot Toys Predators that I have such as all 3 super Preds from the new Predators movie...as well as the new Classic and Shadow...he looks badass. :)

I am still deciding if I should order the City Hunter Predator I probably will.

Alot of collectors actually like the base and not the Predator itself.

Well from what the other boardies have been saying, the base is worth around $100 bucks on ebay.

Since you don't like it.... and you think this figure is over priced... put the two and two together.....:idea

They sent me a replacement pair of sunglasses for my IM IV not that long ago.

Have you got a problem with your figure or are you just mouthing off?

I haven't received a reply back from HT CS yet, but this is an example of what you can expect from my previous experiences with them:

https://www.otakumouse.com/figures/hot-toys-customer-service/12723/

No...it is you who is mouthing off! HTs, through SSCs, has issued their official response to the problem. If you would care to read the thread past a few pages, you would see that their position is, there isn't a problem. So if they won't acknowledge a defect, or as with this, actually justify it, why would they replace it?!?! :huh

The whole point of the justification is to nullify that there is a problem at all, therefore, no fix/replacement required. :slap

Just trying reading the thread before interjecting. Now if you actually contacted HTs and convinced them to give you a purple painted xeno head, then that would be some info worth dispensing. :peace

Back