Hot Toys - Artist Collection - AVP: Samurai Predator 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Auction description states:
The above pictures are for reference only.
Image and Color of the item can be different due to circumstance of monitor.

Got mine today and of course it did come with the brown head. The figure is incredible though and I'm very glad I got it. The only other issue on mine was the magnet on the helmet that a lot of people seem to be having and that's no big deal - a quick/easy fix and he's in the game. Had a spot reserved in my detolf for a couple weeks now and he is definately worthy.

^grats!

i dont think its funny at all that peeps are paying top dollar for the correct colored head. really dont see how that is sumthin anyone can enjoy watching go down unless you have the purple head and dont give **** about your fellow collectors. it sad. are they suckers? IMO no they have money and want the right head that they should have gotten in the first place.

Auction description states:
The above pictures are for reference only.
Image and Color of the item can be different due to circumstance of monitor.

:lol:slap And I was expecting a grayscale Samurai because I saw it with a grayscale screen! :gah:

Anyone want to sell their brown alien severed head to me in Asia? PM me for price? Hope it won't cost as much as the correct-color version.

Since you indicated that you're in Asia, I think your best bet is to find one there with the purple head and offer to do a straight up trade.

You'd be the most popular one in this thread. :lol

Wow. really enjoying watching these dudes fight over a piece of plastic. some guys just don't know when to quit.

Check this out! a record breaking $127.50 for a purple head! what's funny is that since a lot of knock offs come from Hong Kong I wonder if these purple heads are really Hot Toys factory painted or just brown heads that were painted purple by some dude in his living room. Who would know anyways the real thing from a fake since few people have the real purple heads? :D I should start selling air on ebay too or something. :D It's true...suckers are born every minute. :D

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Toys-A...629&pid=100015&prg=1006&rk=1&sd=320996006488&

sale price ended at $230!!!

This is insane. Thats half the price of the ENTIRE damn figure. Give it a year and this Pred probably won't even be that popular.

Unbelievable prices just for the damn head... People are officially insane... as if they weren't before, but oh well... :|

Unbelievable prices just for the damn head... People are officially insane... as if they weren't before, but oh well... :|

It's all relative. 99% of the population would think we were insane for buying a $360 piece of plastic to begin with.

It's all relative. 99% of the population would think we were insane for buying a $360 piece of plastic to begin with.

It's a complete piece of art, completely diferent... this is like buying a Lamborghini Countach wheel for 2/3 the price of the whole Lamborghini... :|

It's a complete piece of art, completely diferent... this is like buying a Lamborghini Countach wheel for 2/3 the price of the whole Lamborghini... :|

Well if there were only 10 wheels in the world that matched the car then you would see prices skyrocket on it (obviously when the price scales up that much they would explore other options blah blah blah but it still comes down to supply and demand).

Well if there were only 10 wheels in the world that matched the car then you would see prices skyrocket on it (obviously when the price scales up that much they would explore other options blah blah blah but it still comes down to supply and demand).

I understand what you mean, but it's still 2 very diferent things to buy a whole product or just a very small part for 2/3 the price. Still, it all comes down to what anyone is willing to pay. As for me, although I'm disapointed with this, I'd rather keep it as is or just go ahead and try to paint the purple on the head myself.

Wait. :dumbo:

This photo is from a show in July, Comic- Con 2012 "the head is orange"

So if it is true, the colors purple and orange were used deliberately.

cabezae.jpg

Wait. :dumbo:

This photo is from a show in July, Comic- Con 2012 "the head is orange"

So if it is true, the colors purple and orange were used deliberately.

cabezae.jpg

i always thought in the back of my head that the brown head is a variant. why? because of the extensive details painted and black washed. why put all this and paint over them with dark purple? it's not logical. the brown finish and details look very deliberate. you won't even need the black wash on the purple paint. but everyone says it's an error so i might as well go with the majority since it becomes the truth.

The people who are willing to pay 299 dollars for it ARE PROBABLY RICH! And if you look at the auction, there's some sketchy bidding i see, just one person bumping the price higher and higher.

The people who are willing to pay 299 dollars for it ARE PROBABLY RICH! And if you look at the auction, there's some sketchy bidding i see, just one person bumping the price higher and higher.

"insanely" rich :D with an emphasis on "insane" :D

sketchy or not he still ends up with the $230 bill. :D

Back