Hot Toys - Artist Collection - AVP: Samurai Predator 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
v75n50.jpg

I got to admit...he looks pretty bad azz with the Wolf Predator Whip. **CRY**

Man I remember how STUPID I thought this figure was when I first heard it was coming out and also how expensive it was.

It has now become my fav Hot Toys Predator and I'm doing my best to find it at a decent price.

But damn that brown alien head issue is pissing me off. Have they been mostly from NA sellers? Maybe we got a bad/early batch?

Does anyone know how many of these figures are being produced anyway?

Really simple if you think about it. What HT can do is recall all the orange heads and just paint them the right way and return it back to the customers but I doubt they'd do it. They did that with the John Connor head before they got BIG and FAMOUS, anyone remember that issue?

ib9K2vb45mFDu.jpg

This only happened cause they caught the mistake before they left China. They only had to "recall" the Asian released figures. They have never done a world wide recall and they stopped replacing parts directly to customers after the DX 02 fiasco. Now they just tell you to contact your dealer/ distributor.

And for the guy that used his reward points...those are gone forever according to the SSCs web site. Keep your figure or you just blew a wade of rp's for nothing.

Think I'll wait to know how vast is this QC issue with the brown head.

Also, hope they do something similar with Aliens. Maybe some huge badass Praetorian with base-diorama.

Man I remember how STUPID I thought this figure was when I first heard it was coming out and also how expensive it was.

It has now become my fav Hot Toys Predator and I'm doing my best to find it at a decent price.

But damn that brown alien head issue is pissing me off. Have they been mostly from NA sellers? Maybe we got a bad/early batch?

Does anyone know how many of these figures are being produced anyway?

By far the best predator figure released and this is coming from someone who has owned them all...besides the chopper, avp elder. The detail on it is incredible and is basically a work of art. Sucks I am going to probably have to return this looking at sideshow's responses to the brown head. Such a big screw up for such an amazing piece....bah:slap:gah:

This only happened cause they caught the mistake before they left China. They only had to "recall" the Asian released figures. They have never done a world wide recall and they stopped replacing parts directly to customers after the DX 02 fiasco. Now they just tell you to contact your dealer/ distributor.

And for the guy that used his reward points...those are gone forever according to the SSCs web site. Keep your figure or you just blew a wade of rp's for nothing.

has anyone with the brown Alien head tried to contact Hot Toys directly about it?

I checked on the HT website and it looks like any concerns have to go through Sideshow.

Do you guys read the thread or what!?!?

Response from CSC:

Hello,

Thank you for expressing your concern regarding the Hot Toys Samurai Predator Alien Head Accessory. We have notified Sideshow regarding the concern and they have since received and official response from Hot Toys on the matter:

"When conceptualizing the Samurai Predator figure, Takeya's vision was to capture the powerful Predator warrior in his full regalia, holding the severed head of a defeated Alien Warrior. His vision included an unusual palette for the Alien, varied purple and red hues. As the Alien's bodily fluids coagulate, the color of the body grows darker, hence the purple color.

The color variation on the Alien head and body is representative of the design, and has been randomized to some extent in an artistic effort to represent the very-recent-blood-loss suffered by the Alien Warrior at the hands of the Samurai Predator. "

Due to the random distribution of each accessory both our store and Sideshow have no control over the availability of each color hue, so unfortunately providing replacement parts is beyond our means. I sincerely understand that this news can be disappointing so we would like to offer a full return and refund if you are dissatisfied with your product. I am aware that a refund for the product is not ideal considering the limited nature of this collectible but it is the most we can offer with our resources at this time. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Richard
CornerStoreComics & AmazingToyz

v75n50.jpg

I got to admit...he looks pretty bad azz with the Wolf Predator Whip. **CRY**

It is a great looking figure but this image says it all. The difference between the head and the body is so striking and obviously a mistake. There is no way it was supposed to be that way and they are just making the situation worse by insulting our intelligence.

Do you guys read the thread or what!?!?

Response from CSC:

Hello,

Thank you for expressing your concern regarding the Hot Toys Samurai Predator Alien Head Accessory. We have notified Sideshow regarding the concern and they have since received and official response from Hot Toys on the matter:

"When conceptualizing the Samurai Predator figure, Takeya's vision was to capture the powerful Predator warrior in his full regalia, holding the severed head of a defeated Alien Warrior. His vision included an unusual palette for the Alien, varied purple and red hues. As the Alien's bodily fluids coagulate, the color of the body grows darker, hence the purple color.

The color variation on the Alien head and body is representative of the design, and has been randomized to some extent in an artistic effort to represent the very-recent-blood-loss suffered by the Alien Warrior at the hands of the Samurai Predator. "

Due to the random distribution of each accessory both our store and Sideshow have no control over the availability of each color hue, so unfortunately providing replacement parts is beyond our means. I sincerely understand that this news can be disappointing so we would like to offer a full return and refund if you are dissatisfied with your product. I am aware that a refund for the product is not ideal considering the limited nature of this collectible but it is the most we can offer with our resources at this time. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Richard
CornerStoreComics & AmazingToyz

OY!!! replacements denied!!

It is a great looking figure but this image says it all. The difference between the head and the body is so striking and obviously a mistake. There is no way it was supposed to be that way and they are just making the situation worse by insulting our intelligence.

all is not lost. if you got some spare change in your couch you can always go on ebay and buy a purple head. the last one that just sold went for $102.50 and the one before that went for $90. there's one there now with a few hours to go at $89. :D

all is not lost. if you got some spare change in your couch you can always go on ebay and buy a purple head. the last one that just sold went for $102.50 and the one before that went for $90. there's one there now with a few hours to go at $89. :D

Hilarious.

Sent from my little pocket-machine using Tapatalk

Got mine from BBTS today. Brown head. and I'm missing a magnet for the lower part of the helmet. Still keeping it.

EDIT: I'm not missing the magnet, it was just not glued correctly so both pieces was stuck to the top part of the helmet.

Last edited:
Got mine from BBTS today. Brown head. and I'm missing a magnet for the lower part of the helmet. Still keeping it.

see if the magnet is stuck to the other magnet. sometimes the glue comes apart first time you remove the helmet. mine was detached but it was there.

Man that SUCKS! But hey it's good if it doesn't bother you, that's really what it comes down too.

There is a store a few hours away from me that is carrying this figure. I think I may drive down there and ask them if I buy it and open it in front of them to find the head dis-colored if I can return it.

Back