Hot Toys - Artist Collection - AVP: Samurai Predator 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My figure arrived from japan in perfection condition:

-Purple head
-shoulder cannon's ball joint is here
-helmet magnet is ok

Feel lucky to have a nice one, like anybody should have.
I will post a photo tonight.

In Sideshow's email response to Lee, they indicated that they would allow a full refund if he chooses.

That's what I would do immediately.
We must let Sideshow know that this is not acceptable.

When they get a lot of these back in stock, they will have to do something to move them out so that they're not taking up precious shelf space. ;)

My figure arrived from japan in perfection condition:

-Purple head
-shoulder cannon's ball joint is here
-helmet magnet is ok

Feel lucky to have a nice one, like anybody should have.
I will post a photo tonight.

So clearly, there is an error here.

Because according to Sideshow, your severed alien head's bodily fluids have coagulated and that is NOT what the artist Takeya had intended. :monkey3

my problem solved..:yess:
IMG_4531.jpg

IMG_4529.jpg

Called and they "confirmed" it is an intentional color variation.
I told them that is is disappointing that they are using that pathetic excuse to avoid making their customers whole instead of working to correct the problem. They came back with "well more of our stock is reddish brown then purple so it seems to be correct......"
She finished by saying if being guaranteed a purple head is the deciding factor I would be best off not ordering.

I would suggest that if you are on the fence to contact Sideshow via email and chat and say that you wish to buy this but will not accept the defective head. Below is a transcript.

me: Hello, I really wish to buy a hot toys samurai predator but am reluctant to because there is a widespread defect where the color of the severed head doesn't match the body. I just wanted to add to anyone else that is upset that it isn't going to be replaced due to "blood loss" that I think Sideshow should really push Hot Toys to make it right.

Just a moment...

Sideshow Christina: Hello.
me: hi i was just hoping u can pass that on to the appropriate person; if enough people complain maybe hot toys will do something
Sideshow Christina: I will definitely pass on your feedback.
As per Hot Toys this color variance is intentional.
me: eh its deep purple on some and then brown on some others so i dont really buy their excuse
the body on the ground should be brown at the tip then
anyway i just wanted to add my 2 cents on it i have 40 hot toys and im not pleased as i was looking forward to it
Sideshow Christina: Thank you I definitely appreciate that.
me: thanks
Sideshow Christina: I will pass this information on to my manager for you.
me: thanks again just frustrating have a good night

Therefore, the color variation on the Alien head and body is representative of the design, and has been randomized to some extent in an artistic effort to represent the very-recent-blood-loss suffered by the Alien Warrior at the hands of the Samurai Predator.

Wow. This is like something out of a comedy movie? I have never seen anything like this in my life!!!

...and I've been around a while!

"Randomized" ?????

Shouldn't it say that in the production notes?

Now I have to ask the question.
How many people will be keeping it?
If yes, you are ok with SS telling you a flat out lie that this is intentional?

$360 figure, before shipping, and you are ok with it?

So clearly, there is an error here.

Because according to Sideshow, your severed alien head's bodily fluids have coagulated and that is NOT what the artist Takeya had intended. :monkey3

:lol

Sideshow should be furious art HT but that would ruin money banks like Avengers. Love how they used the blood excuse invented by the boards. Also, if blood coagulated wouldn't that mean that the blood should have not drained?

Sent from my GT-P7510

100% it should have stated the random part in the produciton notes/details on the order page when buying. i think if it was intended to be random it would have said so from the jump as it does anytime random ish is involved but it wasnt so they now lie and hope we beleive it. the random part if intended would have prolly been used as a selling tactic also. and cmon, when has HT ever done random or chase figures? never.

what i cant get over is how simple it would be for HT to fix it, send it back they do the purple paint... prob solved. not talkin bout much work their end at all. the head is fine just lacking ONE layer of purple paint.

its hard to understnd how completely messed up this has become. 2companies as large as HT and SS trying to use a horrible poorly executed lie as an excuse? so effed up, really is.

I wonder if there has been some sort of communication breakdown at the factory and the final product was actually supposed to have some sort of amalgamated brown and purple paint on the head but this has resulted in some being purple and some brown.

It's the only explanation apart from a full blown lie.

imagine...someone in china probably got fired for this...and now he could be living on the streets.

If you look at the early prototype shown at conventions you'll see the original base with 3 Aliens had this brownish/red/orange color scheme. If you look at the picture below the head looks like brownish too. So I'm thinking maybe there was a confusion between which color scheme to use at some point during the production. Was it supposed to be the brown or purple scheme? It's hard to believe though because all the preorder pics posted online were of the purple color scheme.

It's a very good figure so long as there's no broken or missing parts and you can still keep it if it's only the paint thing that's messing up your figure. Well in case no replacements are given I have 5 solutions to consider.

1. Keep saying to yourself that this is indeed attention to detail. The head is supposed to be brownish/red/orange because of the blood loss. If you keep saying this to yourself over and over you'll believe it yourself and it becomes the truth. The Government does this to us everyday. It's called brainwashing. You can do it to yourself too!

2. You can go and buy a purple head on ebay. You'll have to fight for it though and maybe pay 1/3 of what the Samurai Predator costs. But hey at the end of the day you solved your problem of not having a purple head.

3. Paint your brown head. Pay someone to do it professionally or something.

4. Paint the diorama base brown/ Pay someone to do it professionally or something.

5. Live with it. Brown head on a great figure like this isn't the end of the world. If you think about it, so long as a figure is made in China, Taiwan, Vietnam, and those other places you will always have defects/imperfections of some sort with any figure, statue, chogokin, etc that you buy. It's just the reality of producing something in those places. Now, if you manufacture these things in Japan (Made in Japan) then that's a whole different playing field. You can expect flawlessness. I can guarantee that. You'll have to pay double the price but hey, you get what you pay for. It's always been like that...low cost/affordability in exchange for quality. You can't have it both ways unless you pay a premium.

If you look at the early prototype shown at conventions you'll see the original base with 3 Aliens had this brownish/red/orange color scheme. If you look at the picture below the head looks like brownish too. So I'm thinking maybe there was a confusion between which color scheme to use at some point during the production. Was it supposed to be the brown or purple scheme? It's hard to believe though because all the preorder pics posted online were of the purple color scheme.

It's a very good figure so long as there's no broken or missing parts and you can still keep it if it's only the paint thing that's messing up your figure. Well in case no replacements are given I have 5 solutions to consider.

1. Keep saying to yourself that this is indeed attention to detail. The head is supposed to be brownish/red/orange because of the blood loss. If you keep saying this to yourself over and over you'll believe it yourself and it becomes the truth. The Government does this to us everyday. It's called brainwashing. You can do it to yourself too!

2. You can go and buy a purple head on ebay. You'll have to fight for it though and maybe pay 1/3 of what the Samurai Predator costs. But hey at the end of the day you solved your problem of not having a purple head.

4. Paint the diorama base brown/ Pay someone to do it professionally or something.

5. Live with it. Brown head on a great figure like this isn't the end of the world. If you think about it, so long as a figure is made in China, Taiwan, Vietnam, and those other places you will always have defects/imperfections of some sort with any figure, statue, chogokin, etc that you buy. It's just the reality of producing something in those places. Now, if you manufacture these things in Japan (Made in Japan) then that's a whole different playing field. You can expect flawlessness. I can guarantee that. You'll have to pay double the price but hey, you get what you pay for. It's always been like that...low cost/affordability in exchange for quality. You can't have it both ways unless you pay a premium.

:exactly::goodpost:

THAT BASE! I'd pay 100 dollars more if I got that base...amazing!

Back