Hot Toys - Artist Collection - AVP: Samurai Predator 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BBTS won't replace these. I use to buy my DC Universe Classic figures from them until they stopped replacing them cause Mattels QC was was all jacked up. If SSCs ain't replacing em, neither is BBTS cause that is the excuse I got from them. Mattel won't exchange it, so neither would they. They'd give me a refund but no exchange....and those were $15 figures. This damn thing is $300+ bucks!!!

Perhaps the delay is that SSCs is working things out with HTs. We can only hope but given their track record, I'm not holding my breath.

Just received mine...brown head, but don't care. Still looks appropriate. Perfectly plausible that alien bodies change colors when they die so, not a big deal at all. If it had been yellow, then...

Last edited:
It's fine that many folks don't mind the wrong color head, but it doesn't change that this is unacceptable. It's like buying a Lamborghini and they made a mistake and the driver's seat is in another color. The Samurai is like a Lamborghini of HT figures. I hope this will be dealt with and that HT learns from the profit loss on this with all the replacements.

Still, a part of me doesn't believe it will happen...

It's fine that many folks don't mind the wrong color head, but it doesn't change that this is unacceptable. It's like buying a Lamborghini and they made a mistake and the driver's seat is in another color. The Samurai is like a Lamborghini of HT figures. I hope this will be dealt with and that HT learns from the profit loss on this with all the replacements.

Still, a part of me doesn't believe it will happen...

^^100% agreed!

ok heard back from bigbad. they said after looking at a few they all have the red/yella/brown colored head and have not got any complaint from cusotmers that purchased it. they also sited what it says on the SS site- "Please Note - Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different"

:slap

despite the fact the ones in HK look diff i think SS and other US retailers will just keep using that line to justify selling them as they are now and not getting replacement heads i think. loop hole that leaves those with the worng colored head screwed.

unless SSxHT step up of course.

^^100% agreed!

ok heard back from bigbad. they said after looking at a few they all have the red/yella/brown colored head and have not got any complaint from cusotmers that purchased it. they also sited what it says on the SS site- "Please Note - Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different"

despite the fact the ones in HK look diff i think SS and other US retailers will just keep using that line to justify selling them as they are now and not getting replacement heads i think. loop hole that leaves those with the worng colored head screwed.

That is BS! We should be getting replacements. I don't buy the statement that the final product may be slightly different, because the entire alien should be the same brown color under that statement. I can't justify paying $350 for a figure that needs to be justified by the manufacture/ retailer as it related to QC issues.

^^100% agreed!

I don't think I'll be buying this judging from that answer they gave you.

Maybe Hot Toys and Sideshow are not going to do anything about it after all.

I got mine from a HK seller, it came with the brown/red alien head like many of you here.
My faith is deteoriating for hot toys! They are taking the p*ss!

I got mine from a HK seller, it came with the brown/red alien head like many of you here.
My faith is deteoriating for hot toys! They are taking the p*ss!

oh ish! from a HK seller and the head is still wrong? so this goes beyond those sold via SS. must be the entire second wave left the factory like this.

pls email HT's and request a new head and let us know how they respond.

i was thinkin the answer to all this ish was just payin the extra bucks and gettin it from HK seller with no worries but this has me thinkin twice. damn!

:gah:

i think the option for custom paint repair for you folks should be underway(better start early). in case, all of this falls on HT's deaf ears.

Just received mine...brown head, but don't care. Still looks appropriate. Perfectly plausible that alien bodies change colors when they die so, not a big deal at all. If it had been yellow, then...

allow me to rebut that rationalization. FRESH cuts dont lose color nor drain blood that easy. that pred is holding a weeks old severed head over a fresh dead body.

they also sited what it says on the SS site- "Please Note - Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different"

MMMMM NOPE!
That excuse would only be valid if the front of the head matched the back.

If enough people opt for full refund they will have no choice but to make it right.

MMMMM NOPE!

If enough people opt for full refund they will have no choice but to make it right.

they said the same about berserker and the final product was 2'' short :monkey2

Theres no excuse, HT QC failed. Is it worth your time hunting down a replacement? Depends on your time and how much you care. People gotta stop making this sound like theres only 1 way to feel about this situation. IMO, HT failed, but at the same time it doesn't bother me too much.

BBTS won't replace these. I use to buy my DC Universe Classic figures from them until they stopped replacing them cause Mattels QC was was all jacked up. If SSCs ain't replacing em, neither is BBTS cause that is the excuse I got from them. Mattel won't exchange it, so neither would they. They'd give me a refund but no exchange....and those were $15 figures. This damn thing is $300+ bucks!!!

Perhaps the delay is that SSCs is working things out with HTs. We can only hope but given their track record, I'm not holding my breath.

^^100% agreed!

I hate to say it...so I won't. :thud:

MMMMM NOPE!

That won't prompt them to do anything. It will just leave SSCs, BBTS, CSC and other etailers/ retailers with some very expensive figures that might need to be discounted in order to move em :slap

Until HTs makes a statement, which here lately they have moved further away from dealing with customers directly, this will not be corrected. The best advice I can give is for the guys who care to go to HTs Facebook page and post pics and complain about the bad QC. I'm not on Facebook or I would pitch in but they only seem to notice stuff when it's posted there...although they still don't seem to do anything about fubar figs that are already released.

They can't use the "Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different" excuse if some of the figs are being released with the proper purple color and some with the wrong color. If every fig came with the orange severed Alien head then they could use that prototype excuse. But since some people have gotten the head with the same purple color as the rest of the body, I say that HT and SSC, or anybody else, are SOL when it comes to not replacing or refunding.

What HT figure is due to be released next, Luke? Hope the QC issues aren't as bad on him as they have been on the Sammi Pred, everybody cross your fingers.

Last edited:
SS/HT's have no chance in this. You guy's should be fine. They 100% cannot issue some right and some wrong. It's just not possible in this day and age to get away with something like this and it's a clear manufacturing nightmare for HT's.

They will either have to issue a full refund , a discount voucher for your next purchase or a replacement head.

The only problem with the latter is there might not be enough to go round. Depends how many they made. It's a shame because you guy's are the one's that'll loose out in the long run.

These brown headed one's will show up all over the shop now for $250 and with a little TLC it'll be the same figure you paid full bang for.

I'd be going off about this if I was you guy's. Mass E-mail!!!!

I thought about getting him instead of DX luke but he's bound to fall rapid in a few months.

Back