Hot Toys - Artist Collection - AVP: Samurai Predator 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't even notice (nor care) about the paint issue until reaing this thread. oh well,still my all time favorite Hot Toys figure.
003-33.jpg

I'd like to think of the brown head as aliens changing color from losing blood after decapitation...if you can get that in your head, the brown head doesn't seem so bad after all...

The head discoloration is such a big dissapointment coming from a HQ company like HT. It ruined the perfection of this terrific figure.
Mine will arrived soon, from amiami (japan).
I hope I will have a purple head.
Will post a photo asap

The head discoloration is such a big dissapointment coming from a HQ company like HT. It ruined the perfection of this terrific figure.
Mine will arrived soon, from amiami (japan).
I hope I will have a purple head.
Will post a photo asap

Alright, who's gonna say it?:rotfl

Maybe one day the brown head will be the defect that makes the original samurai preds more valuable, who knows :)

I didnt even notice till I saw this thread and went back and checked mine.

:wink1: IMO a creative way of thinking and maybe even possible speaking of an "expanded universe" or "non-canon" fact, but in the end it IS a factory defect and we definately should let this HT and sideshow kno on all the channels. What we definately shouldn't do is hide this matter with selfmade reasons as excuses for a big QC issue.

Just my 2 cents. :peace

@kairus: Damn mate... not funny anymore! Hope you get your replacement.

Oh you're entirely right. I was just sayin'...

My thing about the "Blood running out of the head" excuse is if that was the case, the rest of the head would look the same also. You are only talking about 1/3 of the actual head...the rest is laying on the ground face downward where all the blood is running out of it as well. So if that was the case, the rest of the alien head would also be turning brown or half way there at least. With the dio, I think you are supposed to have the sense that he just cut the top of the head off a few seconds before he is holding it up by its tongue. No way it would change colors that fast.

hoping to hear this all resolved soon, with word from SS to customers and retailers that they will be replacing the heads. been saving since early sept for this fig but hesitant to buy now till we have word all will be sorted. sent a email to BBTS alerting them to the possible probs with their stock. will share when they reply.

ello btw, long time lurker first time poster. :wave

Last edited:

thks! :)

so anyone have imaginary story lines in mind for this fig? -
Preds leave eggs outside a village in feudal japan for a Alien hunt, this predator having great respect for samurai's he has killed for sport fashions his armor in their style and keeps their swords as trophies. Villagers find dead cattle and think the newborn Aliens now attacking them are "dragons". thats when the "dragon" samurai aka pred appears and begins his hunt...

etc. etc.

also cant help imagining this pred vs miyamoto musashi. :cool:

I read somewhere that in the AvP comics storyline, the whole japanese culture is based upon Predators' influence over japanese people. Not sure if true or not, anyway it kinda fits in my opinion, lots of similarities.

thks! :)

so anyone have imaginary story lines in mind for this fig? -
Preds leave eggs outside a village in feudal japan for a Alien hunt, this predator having great respect for samurai's he has killed for sport fashions his armor in their style and keeps their swords as trophies. Villagers find dead cattle and think the newborn Aliens now attacking them are "dragons". thats when the "dragon" samurai aka pred appears and begins his hunt...

etc. etc.

also cant help imagining this pred vs miyamoto musashi. :cool:

I have something.. and somehow I found a way to include Alice and Babydoll, now when I have a good male character I must include him.

I only have jack sparrow lol, I really wish HT get the RE6 licence I need a 1/6 Leon kennedy

hoping to hear this all resolved soon, with word from SS to customers and retailers that they will be replacing the heads. been saving since early sept for this fig but hesitant to buy now till we have word all will be sorted. sent a email to BBTS alerting them to the possible probs with their stock. will share when they reply.

ello btw, long time lurker first time poster. :wave

I posted pretty much the same response as you.
I'd love to have this figure but not until I hear what SSC is going to do about this issue.

:welcome1: to the forums.

I'm not hopeful SSCs will replace these just due to the sheer expense of the figure. I hope they do but they might just offer refunds or cash back discounts. Can't imagine they have much QC stock.

I got a brown head as well :(

FYI: If I had posted that remark in any other forum on the internet, I would have been flamed.

Back