Hot Toys - Artist Collection - AVP: Samurai Predator 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like this pred and hopefully hot toys will make more of these with artistic values added to figures rather than just movie lines

Hey, do you guy's noticed that there are slightly some differences in the paint? I really loved the rusted look on his armor and the one on his helmet looked more natural on the prototype, especially his knee armor looked soo cool with the bone look. Thats because I wish he would look a little bit more like the prototype. But I'm happy with the skin tone on the final one, it looks better.

up_6.jpg
e9a25c52.jpg

Is it just me or is the alien head on the base the best one and most accurate (sculpt-wise of course) ever on Hot Toys figures?

Am I the only one thinking that this release automatically makes the new P2 look worse by setting the bar even higher?... Poor P2, I'm afraid I'll feel rather disapointed when I have it in hand next year...

They really need to hand the new Predator projects over to these guys or someone else.

Am I the only one thinking that this release automatically makes the new P2 look worse by setting the bar even higher?... Poor P2, I'm afraid I'll feel rather disapointed when I have it in hand next year...

What bar? You guys realize you're talking about handing a movie-based character over to people who specialize in artistic interpretations, right? HT's problem is accuracy, not technical quality and overall detail. I'll agree that the Samurai Predator is an impressive-looking figure and I'll also agree that the P2 is an inaccurate representation of a canon character -- but doesn't anyone else realize how awkward that sentence is? The products have nothing to do with eachother and have completely different concepts.

With all due respect, these last few posts make absolutely no sense.

What bar? You guys realize you're talking about handing a movie-based character over to people who specialize in artistic interpretations, right? HT's problem is accuracy, not technical quality and overall detail. I'll agree that the Samurai Predator is an impressive-looking figure and I'll also agree that the P2 is an inaccurate representation of a canon character -- but doesn't anyone else realize how awkward that sentence is? The products have nothing to do with eachother and have completely different concepts.

With all due respect, these last few posts make absolutely no sense.

Actually it makes all sense because... isn't that what Tsang also does? So, they're both artistic interpretations, so all in all, all I say is that I'd like to see them taking a shot at a movie predator to see the outcome. I think the bar got higher as it seems more detailed in everything, an overall better and more detailed job.

As for accuracy we have no clue at what they can do, unless they already did something, but I don't know that.

I'd like to see them taking a shot at a movie predator to see the outcome. I think the bar got higher as it seems more detailed in everything, an overall better and more detailed job.

Ah, that does make sense. I was under the impression you were actually comparing the P2 and the Samurai Predator, though greygoose's post sounded more like that than yours.
As for the second part of your post, I wouldn't worry about overall detail with future figures. If there's one thing we can expect from HT, it's intricacy. P2 will impress, just not on the accuracy front.

Ah, that does make sense. I was under the impression you were actually comparing the P2 and the Samurai Predator, though greygoose's post sounded more like that than yours.

Well, somewhat comparing, but not accuracy-wise. Samurai is bringing a lot of excitement and the new P2 is bringing some disapointment, in general. And from what I see from Samurai I definitely would like to see their creators doing a movie predator, I'd love to see the outcome :) .

Back