Hot Toys - Artist Collection - AVP: Samurai Predator 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if it'll make sense, but it seems to me the final product looks more "real" paint-wise.

Aaah... I don't know I would say it's the other way around look at the prototypes rust on the armor, it looks more natural to me. The final one has only rust on the helmet and it looks kinda artificial...

Aaah... I don't know I would say it's the other way around look at the prototypes rust on the armor, it looks more natural to me. The final one has only rust on the helmet and it looks kinda artificial...

Well, I actually agree on the rust on the helmet, but overall I look at the prototype photos and the final product photos and the final product seems more "real" to me.

I wasn't refering directly to this figure, I was was just saying that going forward someone else should be given the opportunity to sculpt their Predators for them.;)

I'd buy that for a dollar! :lol Either that or Tsang tries harder and improves his sculpts.

Well, I actually agree on the rust on the helmet, but overall I look at the prototype photos and the final product photos and the final product seems more "real" to me.

I like the skin color of the final one but the prototype has the better armor with more rust and the skirt more f..ked up . I don't know how you can't see it:dunno, it looks way more real if it looks used than brand new like he never used the armor in a battle before, this makes clearly more sense.:wink1:

I like the skin color of the final one but the prototype has the better armor with more rust and the skirt more f..ked up . I don't know how you can't see it:dunno, it looks way more real if it looks used than brand new like he never used the armor in a battle before, this makes clearly more sense.:wink1:

I didn't make a careful comparison, what I said is just how it seemed to me just looking at them without looking for details like that, and that's how it looks to me on the overall. I take a look at both and the final looks more real to me on the overall. Of course you're right that it's more real with more signs of battle/use, and that can be accomplished with a bit of costumization...

*goes to check wallet*
Nuthin' but butterflies :(

48mw.jpg

But srsly, be glad that you didn't spent $$$ for something pointless :lol
There's Charles & Erik, just wait :wink1:

I didn't make a careful comparison, what I said is just how it seemed to me just looking at them without looking for details like that, and that's how it looks to me on the overall. I take a look at both and the final looks more real to me on the overall. Of course you're right that it's more real with more signs of battle/use, and that can be accomplished with a bit of costumization...
Yeah, that's what im planing to do! By the way I thought you made careful comparsions, couldn't have know that. Ok, hehe maybe I overdid it with my statements a little. Anyway Im so excited to see him on my desk. When I look at the Samurai Pred I am more satisfied as a samurai fan than as a predator fan. He has a freakin fantastic samurai look to him that even most of the samurai figures I saw don't got them.

Yeah, that's what im planing to do! By the way I thought you made careful comparsions, couldn't have know that. Ok, hehe maybe I overdid it with my statements a little. Anyway Im so excited to see him on my desk. When I look at the Samurai Pred I am more satisfied as a samurai fan than as a predator fan. He has a freakin fantastic samurai look to him that even most of the samurai figures I saw don't got them.

No problem, I usually prefer the other way around, to take the overall feel instead, but I like to look at those details too. As of me I'm more a predator fan, but I like samurais too, I think both go along very well. This piece is a treat to the eyes! :D

:exactly: For me, this is why he is most appealing.
Love the whole samurai theme and if I had this piece he will keep the helmet on. I would also figure out some way to hide the teeth because they can still be seen through the opening at the front of the mask.

The mandibles coming out of the mask is win!

No problem, I usually prefer the other way around, to take the overall feel instead, but I like to look at those details too. As of me I'm more a predator fan, but I like samurais too, I think both go along very well. This piece is a treat to the eyes! :D

A match made in heaven, in my opinion. :yess:

This looks like it's definitely worth the cash, I think it rivals everything HT has done this year. I cancelled my PO but I think I'm going for it now.

Back