Hot Toys - Artist Collection - AVP: Samurai Predator 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I first saw this I was going to pass because as a predator it just didn’t seem to ‘fit’ but then I started thinking, preds are tribal, they respect the skills and prowess of their prey, they have a code of honour, there are different distinct species, and they have been hunting on earth for a very long time.

So from all that I thought an elder from a different/remote ancient tribe travels to earth around the time the Japanese Samurai were at the height of their power has a great hunt but while here grows to respect and admire the skill and fierce fighting abilities of the Samurai and also the code they follow which I would imagine a pred would also understand and respect.

So on returning from his hunt he decides to remodel his armour to reflect the Samurai culture and since he is also the head of his clan his descendants follow suit, presto in my head he now does fit and I have just persuaded myself to part with a wallet busting amount of cash.

Some good thoughts there. I loved this thing straight away so I had to drop my cash on this beast a.s.a.p I just can't wait for it to arrive now though.

He looks like he just walked out of a comic book with that flashy color scheme. Not just his armor but his skin tone too. Still on the fence with this guy, his preorder price is already way higher than the other 1/6 preds.... I'll wait and see.

Cancel my preorder on BBTS

The unmasked sculpt, holding me back with this figure. Is not a predator, is a spider with horse teeth and a beautiful armor.

Last edited:
you'll regret it:monkey2

I doubt it. high price, and head sculpt is not adequate.

The classic predator, as predator is much better, and that it also has not had much success.

If we analyze the pre-orders, this figure has not had much demand, after a year at BBTS, still is the option of Collector's Grade

Last edited:
I doubt it. high price, and head sculpt is not adequate.

The classic predator, as predator is much better, and that it also has not had much success.

If we analyze the pre-orders, this figure has not had much demand, after a year at BBTS, still is the option of Collector's Grade
Understandable, also there's a point that he's an "concept art" type of figure meaning there's no first impression on how badass he could have been in a movie. What i dont get is why the pics shown have only present us with a small articulation on the figure .... Ex
- the head never turned left
- dreads are mostly @ the same position
- legs hardly bend or set in any different stance
With all these +the waiting +other figures on order= I'm also temped to change my mind on it as well.

:lecture All valid reasons. I wish this came out sooner, though. I probably would have purchased it. Now that I know what's coming up, it's a little easier to pass.

I might end up being the only one getting this. I'm getting this for sure. Ill post pics once I have it in hand. Hopefully within the mext couple of months.

I'm getting it. It's going to be a very cool piece from what i've seen so far.

Not only am I getting this but this is easily one of most anticipated figures this year. I'm hoping we won't have to wait to much longer to add him to our shelves.

I want it too... If I get my contract renewed at the end of the month where I work I'll probably pre-order it, love this piece!

Im getting this for sure! Not because it is a great piece, but because it is different. This figure will defiantly be one of those figures that will stand out in collections....

Nice to see others on fence for this. It is definately different than the regular Preds, but that is the appeal of it. It's uniqueness and coolness. A visualization of an artist, just like all the different types of Batmen, Supermen, ect.

Back