Hot Toys - Artist Collection - AVP: Samurai Predator 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
November ? :gah:

Considering all the anouncements and schedules, especially if they are releasing as much Avengers as possible this year ~ it's not that surprising but surely is disappointing. Now i wonder how many of my "HT on order" list will actually be "in hand" before 2013. If they are going to make dalays, i just hope they will be as good as they could possibly be...

Mmmm November you say, I've just got a message back from an ebay seller in China that I sometimes use for importing figures and he posted me this "Hi,

estimate in August."

Let hope :blissy

Mmmm November you say, I've just got a message back from an ebay seller in China that I sometimes use for importing figures and he posted me this "Hi,

estimate in August."

Let hope :blissy

Since the ebay seller is from China he will definitely get them first, but still there's a "months" gap in between. Considering August I think the european retailers would get them on September or October. For me, the later, the better, so I hope the November one is right :p .

Since the ebay seller is from China he will definitely get them first, but still there's a "months" gap in between. Considering August I think the european retailers would get them on September or October. For me, the later, the better, so I hope the November one is right :p .

Why not before November? Are you thinking this piece is going to sell out quickly?

Why not before November? Are you thinking this piece is going to sell out quickly?

I think he means he needs the extra time to pay off for the figure :panic:

I see. Yeah, that would suck if you didn't have enough funds for that last payment.

Exactly, that's what I meant. Buying on preorder is cheaper and the figure is limited (supposedly, at least), so if the figure came out now and I had to pay now I'd be screwed :panic: , I had an important expense with music equipment this month and will have to buy more equipment next month, and that is prioritary as I'm a musician ( unnyverse.com ) apart from my daily job. But if the figure is available just in September to November there will be no problem at all. :yess:

I think HT has already stated that his jaws are poseable.

I remember reading about that, and it's another great point for this figure (if it's not fragile as the HT Aliens opened mouths). :yess:

I don't know man... IMO the predators these days (Predators and this figure) are missing the seriously beastly look to there faces, especially those from Predators cause it looked too funny when berserker took his bio off. Like they don't got quilts anymore and get more of a greys alien look than a hunter look.

Anyway everything looks nice on the figure except the body and slightly the head but it looks more serious than berserkers face.

Yeah, somehow! I think you could also see the Predators as an exception, cause of the difference in race/type and advanced tech. It's like Rodriguez and the designers wanted to make someting new out of it. I mean im ok with something new that fits but this C movie face design of berserker...

God lets hope the don't continue it this way with the faces.

I kind of like the Samurai Pred face. The only distracting thing is the horse teeth for me. Some skin pattern or spots would have made it look closer to the concept of the original Preds. Or at least some color fading on the body.

As for Berserker, I did not like him at first but the more I saw it, the more I was accepting as a totally different race of Preds. And I think Hot Toys did a better job making it look more like a Pred than the original Rodriguez concept.

hot-toys-samurai-predator-header.jpg

Last edited:
it looks cool but i prefer to save my money for the 1/4 scale figures and the new city hunter

It might start hitting stores outside of Hobg Kong by the end of September then. At least we heard something from a reiable source.

it looks cool but i prefer to save my money for the 1/4 scale figures and the new city hunter

Yeah me too, I think it would be a more wiser decision. I wanted most of them but now I realised that the main Predators out of the classic films are the coolest looking!

I am thinking to cancel my preorder at BBTS, head and face did not have convincing me.

Those teeths look like horse teeths,

Red eyes without pupils=without grace.

In short words, not look like a predator, look like a samurai-headed monster.

Last edited:
The teeth seems to be the single most questionable feature on this piece, judging by feedback from this thread.

The dreads seem to be the second complaint.

Back