Hot Toys - Artist Collection - AVP: Samurai Predator 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got this figure today. I bought it off of ebay. The package is trashed and the shoulder armor fell off when I removed the figure from the plastic tray. I'm doing a dispute and asking for a partial refund, how easy is it to fix the shoulder armor? Is it fixable or should I just ask for a complete refund?

I want to throw up

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
71.jpg
82.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

Wow thats really ass, Is a seller already mentioned a defect of figure?

No, the seller made no mention of defects. In fact the figure, box, and mailer looked pristine in the auction. PayPal converted my dispute into a claim and the seller gave me a generous partial refund ($150). I'm hoping I can use some glue on the box and some sticky tack under the shoulder armor. That way I can move it with the arm. The auction ended at $380 and with the partial refund I feel better. I guess $230 isn't too bad, but still, I rather have the figure in mint condition.

That shoulders been broken and then glued back by one person and not in origin in production. Look at the glue stains on the red shoulder where the other piece goes on.

Sorry bro

Yeah, the shoulder situation sucks. I used some molding putty to reattach it. Despite the defects this figure is my favorite. I had to pack away my Celtic Predator 2.0, It just looks like a neca toy compared to it. lol. The amount of detail just blows me away.

2015-02-16 00.34.01.jpg
2015-02-10 01.46.30.jpg
2015-02-10 01.52.49.jpg

Still a nice snag for 230$... lame its broke but just get some good glue and see if you can fix it. And like Lee in MI said you snagged a purple head! the purple head in itself is rare. the norm was a more tan looking head that dint match the body of the Alien at all, and in true denial fashion tried to say it was because the "blood from the head ran out"... really... the blood from the head ran out? they dint think there excuse threw very good.

Whats the real value for a this beauty now in mint condition or unopened??? I dont think I will sell mine but I just want to know.

My Samurai cost me 265€ in 2012, now with the actual change it would be 300$. At that time I thought it was quite expensive, but now I think it was a good purchase.

Yeah, this guy's enjoying a climbing value even here in my country where Preds aren't as big as in the US. Sam Pred used to be a shelf warmer going as low as $180-190, now he's back at about $360-400.

I think I should try and pick one of these up somewhere before he falls through the cracks for good :thud:... I almost had one a few months ago :cuss

Yeah, this guy's enjoying a climbing value even here in my country where Preds aren't as big as in the US. Sam Pred used to be a shelf warmer going as low as $180-190, now he's back at about $360-400.

Yup got it at that price when our local HT dealer included this piece on their YOLANDA drive
IMG_4568.jpg

IMG_4571.jpg

IMG_4611.jpg

IMG_4615.jpg

I finally bought this figure. I was so excited to get him, but that turned to disappointment and frustration once he arrived. I have a couple of problems. First problem is one of the little pegs that attaches the right shoulder armor has broken off. The little peg was still in the box, but it's so small I think it would be real tough to super glue it and I also worry that it would just break again. Anybody else have this part break or can anybody recommend the best way to fix it? My next problem is the magnets in the helmet are reversed so the parts push apart rather than pull together. Is there any way to get one of the magnets out without damaging the helmet?

I finally bought this figure. I was so excited to get him, but that turned to disappointment and frustration once he arrived. I have a couple of problems. First problem is one of the little pegs that attaches the right shoulder armor has broken off. The little peg was still in the box, but it's so small I think it would be real tough to super glue it and I also worry that it would just break again. Anybody else have this part break or can anybody recommend the best way to fix it? My next problem is the magnets in the helmet are reversed so the parts push apart rather than pull together. Is there any way to get one of the magnets out without damaging the helmet?

Sorry to hear this. When I first got this piece from SSC I had the same issue - peg from shoulder armor broken off but not in the box. So I improvised since SSC had sold out and had no replacement. I took some plastic and trimmed/sanded it down to a size that could fit the armor and the small peg hole on the shoulder. I then superglued it - this was the tricky part - I had to hold the piece in place until it dried. But the result was great and it functioned properly. Unfortunately, last time I had it on display it came off so I have to go through this process again. Very fragile pegs on the armor. Long story short, it's definitely fixable, just takes a little patience. Good luck!

Back