Hot Toys - Artist Collection - AVP: Samurai Predator 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all freaks and fans :)
I like to show my samurai pred . I repainted his complete armor .
Weathered his helmet and add detail in gold heavy weathered horns
I have 2 bases this one is with the brown head . The purple is in box .
I hope you like it .

Classic pred upgrade set new price !!!
IMAG0403_zps0a52899a.jpg
IMAG0404_zpsa7ce4079.jpg
IMAG0405_zps0eb0014b.jpg
IMAG0407_zps303ccb4a.jpg

Hello all freaks and fans :)
I like to show my samurai pred . I repainted his complete armor .
Weathered his helmet and add detail in gold heavy weathered horns
I have 2 bases this one is with the brown head . The purple is in box .
I hope you like it .

Classic pred upgrade set new price !!!
IMAG0403_zps0a52899a.jpg
IMAG0404_zpsa7ce4079.jpg
IMAG0405_zps0eb0014b.jpg
IMAG0407_zps303ccb4a.jpg

Did u make those horns?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes of course . I used thin plastic card . Cut out the form
Make it hot with fire lighter and bend it .
Drill fine hole and use a small screws. I used resin on top of the screws
It looks like bolt on . The same I did with his lower leg armor
Painted with enamel gold and weatherded with acrylics and dirt
Water from the pencils .finish :)

Last edited:
The Samurai Predator was my first 1/6 figure and what dragged me into this money-pit hobby :)

One of the complaints nay-sayers have about this piece was the price- but honestly compared to my other Predators the intricacy, sculpt, and painting on this piece just blow everything else out of the water. The Alien base is an incredible work of art itself.

Probably due to all the vibrant colors this piece also appears much more imposing and impressive in person than in photographs.

Would be awesome if HT makes a 1/6 Takeya Alien figure or some other creatures from his original creation. At least in the Eastern GK/figure market Takeya is deemed God among men.

The Samurai Predator was my first 1/6 figure and what dragged me into this money-pit hobby :)

One of the complaints nay-sayers have about this piece was the price- but honestly compared to my other Predators the intricacy, sculpt, and painting on this piece just blow everything else out of the water. The Alien base is an incredible work of art itself.

Probably due to all the vibrant colors this piece also appears much more imposing and impressive in person than in photographs.

Would be awesome if HT makes a 1/6 Takeya Alien figure or some other creatures from his original creation. At least in the Eastern GK/figure market Takeya is deemed God among men.

Awesome piece to start with! Its like doing cocaine before marijuana! (just kidding)

Congrats, man!

I guess most naysayers are purists who can't see Predators outside of the movies. To me this is a great piece to launch the aptly named Artists Collection series. It's like those Batman Black and White statues which I love where you'd see the creativity of the artists involved when it comes to the not-so-easy task of redesigning an icon.

I actually hope that the Artists Collection line won't be a one hit wonder.

I dont think anyone is saying its not a piece of art. I think unanimously people agree its one of the best figures ever! That does not take away the fact that both HT and SS lied to every buyer that the mistake on the alien head sculpt was intentional. The credit to the artist is all given by everyone on the forum. The corporation on the other hand made unethical statements which is very clear.

I would love for the artist to come out and say what the companies did. In the name of his / her art. Very clear a coat of paint was missed and PR did what they do best!

I dont think anyone is saying its not a piece of art.

Yeah, but I've seen some Predator purists who don't like the Samurai Predator at all just because it's far from the Predators that they love from the movies. There's a few of them that don't get that this is a re-imagining of an existing icon, done by world-renown artists thus the name of the line.

Congrats, man!

I guess most naysayers are purists who can't see Predators outside of the movies. To me this is a great piece to launch the aptly named Artists Collection series. It's like those Batman Black and White statues which I love where you'd see the creativity of the artists involved when it comes to the not-so-easy task of redesigning an icon.

I actually hope that the Artists Collection line won't be a one hit wonder.

Actually your last statement was the final straw for me to get this figure. It is so cool. So its kinda doesn't follow canon... we get to use our imaginations. :) Just like Jungle Predator from P1 who hunted in the jungle, Samurai predator loves hunting samurai :) and xenos

Yeah, but I've seen some Predator purists who don't like the Samurai Predator at all just because it's far from the Predators that they love from the movies. There's a few of them that don't get that this is a re-imagining of an existing icon, done by world-renown artists thus the name of the line.

Agreed and they can say " They dont want it" but cant say the figure is not good. It is art barring the HT and Ss lies.

I was thrown off how much the skull of the xeno was human looking, but then I remember...duh they are from human host! Good job HT :p
1269882_539393246133497_1623438527_o.jpg

I was thrown off how much the skull of the xeno was human looking, but then I remember...duh they are from human host! Good job HT :p
i was thrown off how much the skull of the xeno was human p*enis looking and how much his heels had human teeth on them and how much his body contained bike tubes... but then i remembered every human host has a p*enis on his head and teeth on his heels, and another parent human was a bike! good job comic culture :p

I guess most naysayers are purists who can't see Predators outside of the movies.
you're wrong and it can be proved from any side.
1) avp-1,2 game predators weren't in a movie but they were predators.
2) avp-1,2 movie creatures were in a movie but they weren't predators :nana:

the figure itself is colorful and attractive for any kid, i agree.

Last edited:
i was thrown off how much the skull of the xeno was human p*enis looking and how much his heels had human teeth on them and how much his body contained bike tubes... but then i remembered every human host has a p*enis on his head and teeth on his heels, and another parent human was a bike! good job comic culture :p

you're wrong and it can be proved from any side.
1) avp-1,2 game predators weren't in a movie but they were predators.
2) avp-1,2 movie creatures were in a movie but they weren't predators :nana:

the figure itself is colorful and attractive for any kid, i agree.

Well, you're the expert here, so I won't argue. I'm proud to be one of those kids who spent big bucks no adults can't on this.

do you earn your bucks on "most miserable boasting" conquests? :D

No, I earn them by doing what I love to do, and that does not involve calling people kids just because they dig something I don't. I earn big bucks touring the world and sharing lunch and drinks with legendary people behind toys, games, comics, and film-- all of whom great creators who don't ridicule people who buy stuff that they think are good enough for kids. Oh, sorry, am I boasting, or making you feel miserable?

Don't start with me, P. I admire your expertise on stuff like these, but don't get them over your head and I'll show you how miserable you are behind that keyboard where you feel high and mighty.

I got 1 of these last week off a boardie, and i can't believe i waited so long what an amazing figure. Plus i was lucky to get 1 with a purple head.

No, I earn them by doing what I love to do, and that does not involve calling people kids
oh what a dream job - naming things their names and getting money for that! :lol
hey HeubertMichael, didn't you understand i consider myself a kid loving bright toys, too? i just don't name how much of them bright toys i'm targeting )

Back