Hot Toys - Artist Collection - AVP: Samurai Predator 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I got this from SSC and the right shoulder armor was loose straight out of the package. The magnets were also loose and the helmet was split in two pieces. The magnet and helmet I can fix with glue and it'll look like nothing was ever wrong. However the shoulder armor has a broken peg. SS offered a $40 credit for this mishap. What do u guys think return it for a refund or take the credit and live with the broken peg? Which I'll try to fix. :(

So I got this from SSC and the right shoulder armor was loose straight out of the package. The magnets were also loose and the helmet was split in two pieces. The magnet and helmet I can fix with glue and it'll look like nothing was ever wrong. However the shoulder armor has a broken peg. SS offered a $40 credit for this mishap. What do u guys think return it for a refund or take the credit and live with the broken peg? Which I'll try to fix. :(

I'd try fixing it and get the money but if it really doesn't look good because of that peg or you arn't that great at repair work then just return it.

Live with the broken peg. You'll want to display him with the shoulder armor anyway, so you can just glue that on the shoulder.

Live with the broken peg. You'll want to display him with the shoulder armor anyway, so you can just glue that on the shoulder.

If I decide to keep it, it would cost me $294.00 since I used a $25 coupon plus the credit... Plus the $20 for shipping so....$314 w broken peg. I'll have to think it over and determine how much I really like this fig to keep.

Just keep it ! My samurai had the loose magnet too . These are easy fixes . Contrary to what some people think . This figure is absolutely awesome and probably one of my favorite collectibles . Just epic !

If I decide to keep it, it would cost me $294.00 since I used a $25 coupon plus the credit... Plus the $20 for shipping so....$314 w broken peg. I'll have to think it over and determine how much I really like this fig to keep.

Keep it bro... Things break all the time. No one except you will notice that anyways. Also any discount on this hefty price figure is ok. I think from the look of it you got a great deal. A peg here or there does not make a difference ... Glue it up. These toys are fragile and a lot breaks over time.

So I decided to really look this figure over and I think it's a keeper. Looks so good with all of the accessories and the base. I fixed the unglued helmet but can't figure out how to get it on. I'm also attempting to fix the broken peg which I'm hoping I can. But overall an amazing figure. Only wish it weren't damaged and that the alien head I got wasn't brown. But I'm happy with it. Thanks guys for the encouragement on keeping this.

I got the purple on and bought separately the brown one. Both of them look good on their own that I need to have both lol.

In fairness the figure was a one off a collaboration with some artist.... who knows where the fault lies, as companies go hot toys are pretty dependable when it comes to the final product ,as opposed to some companies i could mention.

Hi everyone. I choosed to be registered here for sharing something with you. I read all the pages of this topic and it was very instructive.

I send a e-mail to Sideshow about the head issue, their answer was exactly the same as others. So, I rewrite them an email telling them that I had already read this standard answer on the forums and I used the arguments of Lee in MI:

"Because its clear the excuse is just that. If the head is brown because of blood loss, then shouldn't the body be brown too...atleast partially? And if the artist interpreted it in this way, then wouldn't they still have a QC issue that they aren't owning up to with the all purple heads? They can't have it both ways. One of the heads doesn't fit the lame excuse. "

And ask them if is it possible to buy a head of the good color. This is their answer:

Dear Cedric,

Thank you for your email. Please know, per Hot Toys and our previous email, there were two heads created for this item showing the degree of blood loss for the piece. These heads were randomized within the packaging for the Samurai Predator, and therefore both heads are correct for the Samurai Predator by Hot Toys.

Unfortunately, we do not sell additional parts for the pieces on our website, and at this time we do not have any replacements we could provide you. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. I have forwarded your feedback on regarding the base in the photo you submitted.

As always, let me know if I can assist you further.

Best Regards,

Christina Lee
Customer Service Representative

So, they have changed their explanation... I let you judge.

My apologies for my bad english.

Bold part: Total complete BS. No way it's random. I see that almost all asian release came with purple head and the SS release to brown. It is weird and wrong at the same time. I don't know why they can't admit they're wrong just to save money and cover their own a**es..

Bold part: Total complete BS. No way it's random. I see that almost all asian release came with purple head and the SS release to brown. It is weird and wrong at the same time. I don't know why they can't admit they're wrong just to save money and cover their own a**es..

Agreed. Shows how their management is capable of lying through the teeth. They are the biggest in the business and when came a time to man up they dint. Al they had to do was ship spare heads or replace. Shows a lot about what their core character really is. I also wonder how the artists feel about it ... Such an insult to them.

What you have to do is start by trying to lift it off on the left side slowly and put your thumb behind the little pin holed piece on the side of the helm so it doesn't break off. Just try to slowly lift that part over the crown and it should loosen everything up so you can remove the rest easily. What might happen is that little pin holed piece can break off from the crown pushing down on it but its an easy super glue fix. The arch of the helm is pretty strong otherwise and shouldn't break.

Anyone know an easy way to get the helmet off? Was difficult getting it on (that's not what she said) and seems like it'll break if you force it off.

Thanks for that. I'll give it a try.

What you have to do is start by trying to lift it off on the left side slowly and put your thumb behind the little pin holed piece on the side of the helm so it doesn't break off. Just try to slowly lift that part over the crown and it should loosen everything up so you can remove the rest easily. What might happen is that little pin holed piece can break off from the crown pushing down on it but its an easy super glue fix. The arch of the helm is pretty strong otherwise and shouldn't break.

Sorry for grainy pic, but just got my Sam Pred yesterday. My alien head is also not fully purple...but that is because that's how it 'would really be if the blood coagulated and drained out of a decapitated head'..... It really doesn't bother me all that too much because overall the figure is awesome, but like most of you have said it is the principle. Can anyone please tell me, how many hands actually paint the HT figures we buy? Is it just the people listed on the cover box?
1275279_537619202977568_399742789_o.jpg

Sorry for grainy pic, but just got my Sam Pred yesterday. My alien head is also not fully purple...but that is because that's how it 'would really be if the blood coagulated and drained out of a decapitated head'..... It really doesn't bother me all that too much because overall the figure is awesome, but like most of you have said it is the principle. Can anyone please tell me, how many hands actually paint the HT figures we buy? Is it just the people listed on the cover box?
1275279_537619202977568_399742789_o.jpg

Grt and enjoy it. But, one small thing. U are telling us that they thought so much that they worked on the blood drain in the alien head sculpt and hence color change, so why are there no blood drops or rather blood spat on the diorama base. Also, how come the blood drain is not gradual, all minuscle particles dissapeared in a second, and if it was long in his hands why not some level of drain in the neck / body?

They cooked up some crap and people believe it. I have one with a brown head too, but not for one second i will let them fool me on this!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Grt and enjoy it. But, one small thing. U are telling us that they thought so much that they worked on the blood drain in the alien head sculpt and hence color change, so why are there no blood drops or rather blood spat on the diorama base. Also, how come the blood drain is not gradual, all minuscle particles dissapeared in a second, and if it was long in his hands why not some level of drain in the neck / body?

They cooked up some crap and people believe it. I have one with a brown head too, but not for one second i will let them fool me on this!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks and sorry that was my sarcastic tone! I didn't realize how cool it would be if the head was actually purple until I saw the pics people posted here.... :)
Also you are right. The diorama depicts a recently cut off head thus the oozing acid which has not YET melted my diorama floor.

Back