Hot Toys are about to announce another Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys are about to announce another Iron

I agree about the MCU wave. I've lined their pockets with my Infinity War and Endgame purchases but beyond the White Widow costume from her solo movie, I don't see anything on the horizon that'll lure me...other than maybe re-vamps of the orginal six Avengers from their first movie. They've already done it with Mark VII die-cast and Cap, so Thor and Hulk are likely at some point. That certainly doesn't account for the 30ish figures from IW and EG in 2 years...
Same. I'm probably getting all the releases for Natasha from her solo. Apart from that, all I want now is 2.0 of all the original six so that's Cap and IM covered.

They might just shift their Marvel focus to Star Wars and hammer entirely on that for a while...
Yep. That's likely. They can always sell Stormtroopers.

I think calling them "not a great company anymore... a shell of themselves" is pretty short-sighted.
They are still putting out better quality 1/6 and 1/4 scale figures than any other company.

Just because they are making items that make them the most cash return just makes them more savvy.
It may not be the items that "you" want, but they can't cater to everyone.

Being diverse doesn't always equate to making the most profit.

Their quality has improved a ton since then... I would hardly call it down hill since 2009.

Disney is paying their bills at this point, most likely keeping them in business. So that's what they "did" to them.

And what's really sad is not being able to appreciate them for the product that they DO put out.

Ah hush. I could care less about that. It?s the fact that they tease things and never release them , break promises and sit on licenses. So yea they are much worse than they were.

They will announce a new and exciting license and make one figure from it then make 20 iron men. Somtimes they don?t make one at all . Screw them. So yea since 2009 it was all downhill from there.

They make quality figures but I wouldn?t lose sleep if 3zero made more figures of DC or 1/6th scale characters . This is why people are turning to third party .

Last edited:
Ah hush. I could care less about that. It?s the fact that they tease things and never release them , break promises and sit on licenses. So yea they are much worse than they were.

They will announce a new and exciting license and make one figure from it then make 20 iron men. Somtimes they don?t make one at all . Screw them. So yea since 2009 it was all downhill from there.

They make quality figures but I wouldn?t lose sleep if 3zero made more figures of DC or 1/6th scale characters . This is why people are turning to third party .

Ouch! Sad but its the unfortunate reality, you hate to see it.

Just to clarify, i wasn't bashing collectors of Marvel and Star Wars at all [and to those of you here who only collect Marvel and Star Wars figures, more power to you i say....:)].All i was saying, is that back in the day, hot toys USED to cater to fans of Batman, Predator and Terminator, aswell as Marvel and Star Wars, nowadays, all they do is announce Marvel and Star Wars figures.Sure, in any line of work, any company wants to make the most money they can, but given that hot toys once made 1/6 figures from other lines that weren't just Marvel and Star Wars, it's not fair to collectors when hot toys show prototypes of figures from Batman, Predator and Terminator, only to never see the light of day [the 1966, BVS and Justice League Batmobiles, aswell as the 1/4 1984 police shootout T-800, just to name a few].They did however release 2.0 versions of the AVP Celtic and Scar Predators a few years ago, but never bothered to release the 2.0 Chopper Predator, so it would be nice if hot toys announces a lot of new figures that aren't Marvel and Star Wars with their upcoming 20th anniversary.Peace. :)

Just to clarify, i wasn't bashing collectors of Marvel and Star Wars at all [and to those of you here who only collect Marvel and Star Wars figures, more power to you i say....:)].All i was saying, is that back in the day, hot toys USED to cater to fans of Batman, Predator and Terminator, aswell as Marvel and Star Wars, nowadays, all they do is announce Marvel and Star Wars figures.Sure, in any line of work, any company wants to make the most money they can, but given that hot toys once made 1/6 figures from other lines that weren't just Marvel and Star Wars, it's not fair to collectors when hot toys show prototypes of figures from Batman, Predator and Terminator, only to never see the light of day [the 1966, BVS and Justice League Batmobiles, aswell as the 1/4 1984 police shootout T-800, just to name a few].They did however release 2.0 versions of the AVP Celtic and Scar Predators a few years ago, but never bothered to release the 2.0 Chopper Predator, so it would be nice if hot toys announces a lot of new figures that aren't Marvel and Star Wars with their upcoming 20th anniversary.Peace. :)

This. It's not hard to understand why people don't like them

btw I agree with you. Hot Toys should start making interesting figures again, if not for profit, then for fans and brand image ... I am sick of seeing all the Iron Man releases ..

HT is going full big business versus pleasing collectors. All these reissues and V2 and now V3 is strictly to attract new collectors. Why buy a figure now when years down they’ll make a better and more accurate version? It’s lame and cashing me to get into statue companies like Queen Studios.

https://m.facebook.com/hashtag/ht20thplus?__tn__=*s-R

Finally started a thread! (dont tell me this is in the general collectibles section already)

True for the OP! And not much else!

123136111_3435035969898320_2149257249013558193_o.jpg

OH WOW IM SO EXCITED FOR ALL THE KEYCHAINS AND COSBABYS! THIS IS LITERALLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO! THANKS HOT TOYS!.

. said no one. So when they said "something big is coming", they didn't specify where they were going to stick that something big up into.

Yeeeeeah...none of that interests me, but the Scarlet Witch and Vision one looks cool at least (since they're rocking their traditional comic book look).

Wow, one repainted Iron Man and dozens of Cosbabies/keyrings. Thanks Hot Toys very cool.

So not even a day's entertainment of examining a new Thor likeness or something.

A single Iron Man repaint and the rest Cosbabies and keyrings - disposable pap that any company could make. At this point I shouldn't be surprised at what a poor showing this is but somehow I am. That's worse than I thought.

Back