Hot Toys are about to announce another Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they really want to release another Iron Man figure, it should be the Mark 37 Hammerhead. So many of the Iron Man 3 House Party Protocol suits have been made. I wonder why it hasn?t been made. It?s very unique. The color and the design are not like the others. It?s also not a repaint of an existing suit.

You're right.I loved everything about that suit from its design to its actual purpose!I sold all my Hot Toys figures a while ago because I had to dramatically downsize but it really wouldn't take much to pull me back in with all guns blazing.This and a diecast Mark 1 would do the job nicely.

I'm good with it as I would love an updated Thor and maybe Hulk from the original Avengers. I personally love the Widow and Hawkeye and we've already gotten Diecast Mark VII and updated Cap 2012 from Endgame.
Same. I'd love to have a complete set for Avengers 2012 and I'd really like some updated head sculpts.

If they really want to release another Iron Man figure, it should be the Mark 37 Hammerhead. So many of the Iron Man 3 House Party Protocol suits have been made. I wonder why it hasn?t been made. It?s very unique. The color and the design are not like the others. It?s also not a repaint of an existing suit.

I agree. I would even be happy if they did Piston. They've already got all the parts for it and the green armor would really stand out. We've already got red, white, blue, gold, orange, muddy, and black Iron Man, how about a little green. Closest we have is Gamma who is only trimmed with green. Peacemaker is orange and we've seen a teaser for Jack, so let's see Piston or better yet, Nightclub.

Hot toys are just shadows of their former selves, once a great company, making Predator, Terminator and Batman figures, now all they make is stupid crap like this, Marvel and Star Wars figures......:mad::banghead

It is rather sad. Disney must of did something to them. After 2009 it was all down hill

Hot toys are just shadows of their former selves, once a great company, making Predator, Terminator and Batman figures, now all they make is stupid crap like this, Marvel and Star Wars figures......:mad::banghead

For many, Batman, Terminator, Predator, Indiana Jones, Bruce Lee, etc. is stupid crap, and Marvel, Star-Wars is all they want. You should think twice before bashing a big portion of collectors :slap

For many, Batman, Terminator, Predator, Indiana Jones, Bruce Lee, etc. is stupid crap, and Marvel, Star-Wars is all they want. You should think twice before bashing a big portion of collectors :slap

To be fair I don't think he's "bashing" collectors of those particular brands but merely calling to light
how much more diverse the company use to be in comparison to what they've currently been
doing. Pop culture brands like those mentioned is what put many 1:6 scale collectors on to HT,
long before they started riding the Marvel and SW wave.

I think calling them "not a great company anymore... a shell of themselves" is pretty short-sighted.
They are still putting out better quality 1/6 and 1/4 scale figures than any other company.

Just because they are making items that make them the most cash return just makes them more savvy.
It may not be the items that "you" want, but they can't cater to everyone.

Being diverse doesn't always equate to making the most profit.

It is rather sad. Disney must of did something to them. After 2009 it was all down hill

Their quality has improved a ton since then... I would hardly call it down hill since 2009.

Disney is paying their bills at this point, most likely keeping them in business. So that's what they "did" to them.

And what's really sad is not being able to appreciate them for the product that they DO put out.

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys are about to announce another Iron

Just because they are making items that make them the most cash return just makes them more savvy.
It may not be the items that "you" want, but they can't cater to everyone.

Being diverse doesn't always equate to making the most profit.

Their quality has improved a ton since then... I would hardly call it down hill since 2009.

Disney is paying their bills at this point, most likely keeping them in business. So that's what they "did" to them.
Yep. It's usually a lot more profitable to sell 20,000 units each of, say, 10 figures than 5,000 units each of 40 figures. Of course, they can't ride that MCU wave forever. Sooner or later, some other franchise will replace it.

I remember reading an interview with one of the comic execs about toys making more money than the actual comics. The interviewer asked why don't they just stop making comics and just focus on toys. The comic exec answered they still needed to keep making the comics because without the comics, you lose mindshare and won't be able to sell as many toys.

The same applies here, I would think. The Dark Knight Rises was released, what, 2012? Wonder Woman and Aquaman were both well received but most other movies from the DCU were not. There's the nostalgia factor for older properties of course (personally, I'd love Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman), but for right now, I doubt those will bring MCU level per figure unit sales at the high prices that HT charges.

Re: Hot Toys are about to announce another Iron

Yep. It's usually a lot more profitable to sell 20,000 units each of, say, 10 figures than 5,000 units each of 40 figures. Of course, they can't ride that MCU wave forever. Sooner or later, some other franchise will replace it.

I remember reading an interview with one of the comic execs about toys making more money than the actual comics. The interviewer asked why don't they just stop making comics and just focus on toys. The comic exec answered they still needed to keep making the comics because without the comics, you lose mindshare and won't be able to sell as many toys.

The same applies here, I would think. The Dark Knight Rises was released, what, 2012? Wonder Woman and Aquaman were both well received but most other movies from the DCU were not. There's the nostalgia factor for older properties of course (personally, I'd love Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman), but for right now, I doubt those will bring MCU level per figure unit sales at the high prices that HT charges.

I agree about the MCU wave. I've lined their pockets with my Infinity War and Endgame purchases but beyond the White Widow costume from her solo movie, I don't see anything on the horizon that'll lure me...other than maybe re-vamps of the orginal six Avengers from their first movie. They've already done it with Mark VII die-cast and Cap, so Thor and Hulk are likely at some point. That certainly doesn't account for the 30ish figures from IW and EG in 2 years... They might just shift their Marvel focus to Star Wars and hammer entirely on that for a while...

I think it looks nice. Im a sucker for glow in the dark so that aspect is pretty neat.

The overall design is different but I enjoy the cartoon like design, would have loved it if the eyes were smaller like this:
9fabea40f74ef370923f8635588d5a03.jpg

Venom should have those big white eyes, but Antivenom should have the dot eyes like a killerwhale. Not a fan of the black painted nails either.

My girlfriend told me it looked like the guy is going to pop any moment and now I cant unsee it.

Back