Hot Toys Announce "The Expendables 2" License!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is Dolph Lundgren sporting Leonardo DiCaprio's haircut in Titanic for this role? For me that and the scarf kinda detract from the bad@$$ery.

Still looks more badass than Statham or Willis in their posters, their gun poses look like someone shooting a 1/6 figure with no clue how to pose.

Lundgren has potential for an aging Leon Kennedy bash...seen too much Willis and Statham from other vendors so not particularly interested.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmaQDLAA7mk&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

After watching the Trailer I really want a Chuck Norris, JCVD, Bruce and Arnold figure.

Does anyone know what the situation is with JCVD's likeness? Based on posts on FB am I right in guessing that HT has the license for The Expendables 2, but not the rights to JCVD's likeness given that EB has that?

I'd definitely buy them all too. But I definitely want a Statham, Arnold, Willis and I'd even go for the 2nd version of sly when they inevitably do him. I'll have the first movie version in his civilian clothes. And if they do a Statham I'll bash him in his civvies too :yess: please HT do a Statham!

yount.jpg

An entire Expendable lineup such as this would look phenomenal on
a toy self. Hopefully Hot toys will expend some effort into making this
a reality and not squander the lines potential with one or two releases.

Last edited:
Hopefully Hot toys will expend some effort into making this
a reality and not squander the lines potential with on or two releases.

I hope you're right. I was dissapointed when the rumors that we would be getting a Statham and Jet Li figure didn't end up as a reality.

I'm worried that in all the rush to cash in on the big licenses like the Avengers and TDKR, the Expandables is just going to be another throw away. I hope I'm wrong though.

I would display the entire group if they released them.

That's my primary concern as well. Hot Toys has become somewhat predictable and stagnant in their products as of late. If they aren't milking and/or rehashing big licenses they have to have their hands in the latest and greatest. It would be refreshing for them to try to make a complete line of figures as oppose to starting and then later abandoning it with one or two figures.

Back