Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those BD Batman pics that DiFabio posted is enough evidence to suggest that a BD Batman could be possible.

I don't think they could justify it as a DX (although the DX14 suggests otherwise) but hey I would love a fully battle damaged Batman '89 in my collection.

Seeing those pics really takes me back to my childhood when they were releasing the chewing gum that came with the card pictures and those shots of the battle damaged Batman always were the best in my opinion.

Few scratches and some dust. I mean, in the movie his suit didn't have a very clean look even before the crash :lol

It isn't just a few scratches and some dust though. I mean, I don't care if they make one or not, but it is a pretty key difference compared to how he looks in the beginning of the film.

This,

Hot-Toys-Batman-1989-06.jpg

Doesn't really cut it.

He never looks like that in the climax of the film. He looks pissed and angry throughout the entire scene. He didn't just have bright blood painted on his face, he had actual GOUGES with pieces of Batwing debris in it. Not to mention a discolored face from all the burns with that fire and smoke. Hell, you pointed out the ****ed up symbol, that's a pretty unique look that the regular DX 09 can't achieve.

Guyver1 did a pretty good job,

IMG_2731.jpg

IMG_2910.jpg

Last edited:
With no movement in the Batman Returns License I have reached a unfamiliar chapter in my collecting career. I will call this chapter "An Then They Were None", meaning I have no figure to anticipate or look forward too adding to my collection. I like Robocop but have decided I don't want to spend $300 and no head sculpt. The DX13 is fantastic but decided the DX10 is all I need to represent the license in my display (might get the BD DX13 head down the road), don't collect Marvel and the rest are great but no for me. It is a sad feeling for a collector looking forward to nothing!! :violin

Yeah, 10% here as well. Sort of.

I'll collect anything from Terminator 1 and 2, anything from Batman and Batman Returns and anything Robocop. That's pretty much it (with the exception being 60s Batman and Robin). Oh, and the occasional and mandatory Ledger Joker here and there. I'll always buy one of those, even if I'm not particularly interested in more versions of him.

The last time I broke those categories was with Spider-Man (Red/Blue and Black) and Captain America. I sold Cap off though, as I anticipate a better version of the original suit with the Cap 2 line.

I've worked out what I want over time - & it amounts to about 50 figures all up.

That covers all my fave licenses & series. I'll be spending almost more on Detolfs than actual figures. :lol

Yeah, 10% here as well. Sort of.

I'll collect anything from Terminator 1 and 2, anything from Batman and Batman Returns and anything Robocop. That's pretty much it (with the exception being 60s Batman and Robin). Oh, and the occasional and mandatory Ledger Joker here and there. I'll always buy one of those, even if I'm not particularly interested in more versions of him.

The last time I broke those categories was with Spider-Man (Red/Blue and Black) and Captain America. I sold Cap off though, as I anticipate a better version of the original suit with the Cap 2 line.

You're getting the 60s Batman and Robin? Cool.

They look excellent. Won't be buying them myself but if money were no object I certainly would even though I have no particular love for the show.

With no movement in the Batman Returns License I have reached a unfamiliar chapter in my collecting career. I will call this chapter "An Then They Were None", meaning I have no figure to anticipate or look forward too adding to my collection. I like Robocop but have decided I don't want to spend $300 and no head sculpt. The DX13 is fantastic but decided the DX10 is all I need to represent the license in my display (might get the BD DX13 head down the road), don't collect Marvel and the rest are great but no for me. It is a sad feeling for a collector looking forward to nothing!! :violin

This is a feeling I got too, after the TDKR and the 89 line, there's no preorders on mi list, like there where 1 year ago... I just have vader from SSC, and tha's it...
Iron Man got to much atention from hot toys.

You're getting the 60s Batman and Robin? Cool.

They look excellent. Won't be buying them myself but if money were no object I certainly would even though I have no particular love for the show.

I don't have them on order yet (I only have DX 14, DX 13 Ex. and Regular Robocop), but they are relatively "cheap". If I get a nice $20-$25 coupon code for both and it knocks Batman down to $180 and Robin down $160, I can't pass them up. The Mattel offerings are pretty atrocious (Batman is okay) and I'm not digging the NECA QS, so I feel like I should have something quality for the series.

**** the Batmobile though. :lol No more vehicles for me. Maybe ED-209 if he doesn't have a rubber dome.

I always know to refresh the page a few times on your posts. Like me, you're constantly editing. :lol

So you won't be buying the Delorean then. Predictably for me after buying the 89 batmobile that one now seems pretty important. That would be the last big vehicle for me.

I stick to certain stuff as well, Predator, T1 & T2, SW, Some Nolan Batman stuff and Robocop.

But I also like the unknown and snapping up a figure that grabs you like the CR Superman, Expendable 2 Barney Ross, Enterbay's Tony Montana etc.

Same thing with the Crow. Sticking to my preferred lines is great and really keeps me in check but sometimes it is good to wander.

Last edited:
I always know to refresh the page a few times on your posts. Like me, you're constantly editing. :lol

So you won't be buying the Delorean then. Predictably for me after buying the 89 batmobile that one now seems pretty important. That would be the last big vehicle for me.

I love Back To the Future, but I don't think BTTF is toyetic enough for figures/collectibles at all.

A 1/6 Marty and Doc? Great character, love them both, but they're no soldier/superhero/robot/cyborg/alien/comic book film/sci-fi character. I don't think they lend themselves to this sort of stuff at all. Maybe legos. I have a Hot Wheels Delorean, that's good enough for me. Despite loving the movies (especially the first one), I never played "BTTF". I played Batman, Star Wars, Terminator, etc.

Yeah, if Hot Toys made a great Indy, I'd buy one.

Indiana Jones is toyetic. He's an adventurer with a pistol and a whip who fights Nazi's and goes exploring for lost treasures. Kenner saw it's potential.

I think there's a reason we never saw Back To the Future: The Toys in the 80s, 90s, 2000s, though. That's why I thought it was odd when Hot Toys gained the license for it. They couldn't even finish Platoon like they teased, so a BTTF line was a real head scratcher to me.

I'm pretty much here. Have only one figure left on order.

Robocop and DX13 have my interest as does Snake Plissken, but other than that there's nothing but new blockbuster figures whose shine wear off after a few months.

Back