Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Earle was a complete tool to Fox with that very line, hence the second usage.

Seemed fair. Also I think he was involved directly in the 'missing' Wayne tech.

Exactly. It wasn't a 'haha' joke, it was a "brick joke". Repeating a throwaway line later on when it can have some more significance...in this case, to help twist the knife a little bit.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Film/BatmanBegins

Earle was totally the "corrupt corporate executive" trope. He wasn't directly involved in the 'missing' Microwave Emitter in that he wasn't an "inside man" working with the League of Shadows to steal it, but he was responsible in that it was his secret weapon project, that the Wayne Enterprises board didn't really green light.

You get the feeling that he was pushing ahead with its production in secret anyway, without the board's approval, which is why he wants Fox to give him all records and backups that exist of it once it's stolen to cover his tracks, and why he fires Fox for asking "too many questions" about it.

oh God yes, the ballroom scene in Returns totally owns the TDKR scene. That whole scene, the chemistry between Keaton and pfieffer was amazing, and just everything was sooo right. That's probably the scene where I really felt bad for selina, she's such a broken person it just really got to me, the way bruce wipes her tears away, they are both so torn between there identities. its just masterfully executed scene. I remember when I got older, that scene just effected me and made me love the movie even more.

also, totally off topic I know but I recently got my first part of what will eventually be my Returns suit. I had already accomplished the kilmer suit, now i want to try at the Returns suit. this guy Jester FX, makes these amazing reproductions of the batsuits for good prices, got my Returns cowl in after like a 2 week wait. the thing is beautiful.

le66.jpg

Last edited:
It was a great scene. My favorite part, retold here with smilies:

Bruce: "What do you mean, you and...not you and Max?"

Selina: :lol Me and Max! :rotfl :rotfl

Bruce: :huh

Selina: No. THIS :gun and Max! :mad:

Bruce: :horror

purrrfect.

:rotfl

oh God yes, the ballroom scene in Returns totally owns the TDKR scene. That whole scene, the chemistry between Keaton and pfieffer was amazing, and just everything was sooo right. That's probably the scene where I really felt bad for selina, she's such a broken person it just really got to me, the way bruce wipes her tears away, they are both so torn between there identities. its just masterfully executed scene. I remember when I got older, that scene just effected me and made me love the movie even more.

also, totally off topic I know but I recently got my first part of what will eventually be my Returns suit. this guy Jester FX, makes these amazing reproductions of the batsuits for good prices, got my Returns cowl in after like a 2 week wait. the thing is beautiful.

le66.jpg

I would never take it off.

believe me haha it hurts like hell trying to take it off, tugs at the hair really bad but once on it fits like a glove.

just like any quality cowl, it doesn't tear at all and is very durable thick latex rubber, but this one I got a deal on cuz it was considered a "2nd hand" cowl that had some minor (and I mean minor) imperfections that are barely noticeable to someone not used to looking at the design. I think paid paid $120 shipped, which for me was a great deal considering this cowl goes for near $200 at full price.

just like any quality cowl, it doesn't tear at all and is very durable thick latex rubber, but this one I got a deal on cuz it was considered a "2nd hand" cowl that had some minor (and I mean minor) imperfections that are barely noticeable to someone not used to looking at the design. I think paid paid $120 shipped, which for me was a great deal considering this cowl goes for near $200 at full price.

Holy crap, that's a very good price in this hobby.

Damn, that's almost Neca pricing right there.

Congrats.

Who do I go to for one that's not Toynami.

I just want one to wear while watching Godzilla movies.

also, totally off topic I know but I recently got my first part of what will eventually be my Returns suit. I had already accomplished the kilmer suit, now i want to try at the Returns suit. this guy Jester FX, makes these amazing reproductions of the batsuits for good prices, got my Returns cowl in after like a 2 week wait. the thing is beautiful.

le66.jpg

That's superb Batfreak! Congrats :D

Back