Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lecture QFT I loved the Burton/Keaton films. Still to this day gutted they didn't return to their respective roles in Batman Forever.

I'm not sure what to make of having figures in both scales as I just want/need/afford/accommodate one definitive version of each character...

I know man, I often wonder what could have been. How the suit might have changed for the third film, what the other characters would have been like, billy dee Williams as two face. If they'd have used the same Batmobile from the first two films or done something new. Oh well, wasn't to be I guess.

I know man, I often wonder what could have been. How the suit might have changed for the third film, what the other characters would have been like, billy dee Williams as two face. If they'd have used the same Batmobile from the first two films or done something new. Oh well, wasn't to be I guess.

11810kj.jpg

Tim_Burton_s_Batman_Forever_.jpg

Im getting so antsy for these figures. The Keaton films, to me are the definative Batman movie's!!! Dark Knight was a nice, fresh, dark turn, but I'll take Keaton any day!

Same here. As much as I enjoyed the Nolan movies, the Burton movies just felt more like "Batman" to me.

If they ever make a Batman Beyond type film Keaton's return would be awesome.

I know it's talked about a lot among fans but I'd really love to see Keaton in a liv action dark knight returns. Or even just something inspired by it.

jimmey kimmel? uuugh i hate that turd, BUT i love michelle so i will have to see it.

also, i just found this awsome retro video discussing the BTS of Returns as well as some very interesting and informative stuff about keaton. i didnt actually know that keaton and pfieffer had dated years before. no wonder the chemistry was so great in that film!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmy7gEXR00Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtOVLUBTOTE

Wow, that was a Fantastic interview! I had never seen it before. Love the end!

Interviewer: Then again, I'm not Batman.

M Keaton: Thats right, and don't forget it!

I already bought the 89 Hot Toys Batman & Joker figures, but something about the Batman Returns suit is just too cool, I simply must add it to my collection ;)

I know it's talked about a lot among fans but I'd really love to see Keaton in a liv action dark knight returns. Or even just something inspired by it.

:exactly:
I long for a third Keaton Batman movie. Picture this, the opening shows views throughout the Batcave, and the trophy room shows plenty of the rouges gallery's costumes, weapons, etc similar to Batman Beyond, then cut to the reveal of an old Keaton in front of the Batcomputer. That would imply Batman had plenty of encounters with his rouges gallery between Returns and sets up plenty of story opportunities. Make it Dark Knight Returns, make it Batman Beyond. The possibilities are endless!

That, or make Keaton sit in the Batcave depressed for 8 years and becomes Batman again only when someones steals his personal belongings, that would be great too! Oh wait..

Last edited:
I would watch another Keaton Batman movie. Couldn't be any worse than Superman Returns, or the SW prequels, or that last Indy movie.

:exactly:
I long for a third Keaton Batman movie. Picture this, the opening shows views throughout the Batcave, and the trophy room shows plenty of the rouges gallery's costumes, weapons, etc similar to Batman Beyond, then cut to the reveal of an old Keaton in front of the Batcomputer. That would imply Batman had plenty of encounters with his rouges gallery between Returns and sets up plenty of story opportunities. Make it Dark Knight Returns, make it Batman Beyond. The possibilities are endless!

That, or make Keaton sit in the Batcave depressed for 8 years and becomes Batman again only when someones steals his personal belongings, that would be great too! Oh wait..

That gave me a wry little smirk. Haha. But yeah, the thought of seeing Keaton in the bat cave again, as an aged batman but still kicking ass would be sensational.

On another note, before the dark knight was officially announced, my cousin pointed out that Keaton would probably make a really great joker. Think that could have been pretty interesting too.

Yeah, a Keaton return would be epic! Watched Batman (1989) last night and plan on watching Returns tonight. :D
Boy, the Batmobile is awesome in those films, one of the few things Burton did better than Nolan I think.
On the subject of Returns HT, I cannot wait for the Penguin Reveal.
I wonder if well get a BW sculpt with Bats this time? Or a broken mask? :pray:

I'm on the thinking that Burton's Batmobile is aimed more towards the effect that this is a comic book film and stuff like that is accepted, whereas Nolan wanted to go for "practical."

The comic fan in me ADORES the Burton-mobile, but I am fond of the Nolan-tank.

Oh don't get me wrong, I love the Tumbler, but as you said, the Burton Batmobile is more in-line with the comics, and even the original cartoon, which really appeals to me. It is such an awesome design.

Oh don't get me wrong, I love the Tumbler, but as you said, the Burton Batmobile is more in-line with the comics, and even the original cartoon, which really appeals to me. It is such an awesome design.

Agreed. The Burton-mobile is iconic. The first movie I recall seeing in theaters is 1989's "Batman" so once the funds are together Jack Joker and Keaton Bats are mine... but it'd be criminal not to get the Batmobile to go with it.

Are you kidding my fellow WV friend? They have too much coming out back to back! Its insane to catch up on the current release schedule.

Back