Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just think it'd be nice if they were like "okay, look; see? We're making it. It might not be out just yet, but it's coming, so don't worry" and had it on display.

Oh, you mean like a little place holder card saying coming soon?

htplatoon.jpg

Or a prototype figure on display?

7655315570_7d29043191_z.jpg

I mean the Prototype figure. Look at The Bat, and the '66 and '89 Batmobiles. They could keep people waiting a bit for specs and pics, but still let them know that the prototype was finished and ready. There's always the slight chance that, like Charles, it still couldn't happen, but I do think it would be nice if it did.

I am so applying for a new credit card just for all of this line. Might as well get ready for another 92 batmobile with glossy surface and led dash display(tachometer and such)

I don't know, I take the opposite view. Maybe Hot Toys thinks that pretty much everyone who likes Keaton Batman bought the 1989 figure. Will people who own the 1989 Batman be willing to buy the 92 figure? Catwoman, on the other hand, is a completely new character, and a classic one.

Hot toys hasn't exactly shown an aversion to selling similar Batman products in the past :)
And the Returns figure I think is different enough to easily differentiate itself. There is of course the different armour but
- just add in the glider wing and battle damaged Keaton sculpt from the end and it's an awesome package.

I really do feel for you Returns fans, you deserve better than this. They say hope springs eternally, so maybe something will pop up this weekend?

Of course Iron Man gets accessory packs. We would have loved Terminator accessory packs, Aliens USCM accessory packs....but no. Iron Man.

Let's face it, we're living in the year 6 AD (After Downey.) It's his world now. All your accessory packs are belong to him. And if he wants an armored Batman figure colored yellow and hot rod red, he's going to get one.

Because he IS Iron Man.

Hopefully we might get some Batman Returns stuff in 7 AD.

A raccoon, a tree, and a table with some crap on it.... All before Batman Returns.

Seems fair.

Sallah

I say we wait until after this week when SDCC is over then lock up this thread permanently and throw away the key.

Surely within the past 2 years, Hot Toys has seen this thread or their Facebook with all those annoying "where's Batman Returns and Arkham???". I mean, they saw those Morgan Freeman and Michael Keaton figures from Ace toys and ask Dave to shut them down because they didn't like that another company produced those. So I say it's a good bet they've seen these discussions in this thread. They just don't care.

A backstage progress teaser shot would have been nice, just to be like "yo, we're working on these", but nada. They should have never released that announcement when they did in my opinion. At this point, I'd be relieved if they just came out and said "we decided not to do them" or "we lost the licensing to produce them" and state they're cancelled. Seriously, say they come out next year or the following year, that's a long wait. At that point, the waiting will definitely have taken it's toll and we'll be looking at $315+ figures that will be DOA.

Back