Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't give a **** about the TDK Bale stuff, but I see your point.

Again though, they've made multiples of the Nolan stuff to date - & there's plenty of great stuff amongst that.

Hardly any Burton stuff on the board so far, & it's arguably far more beloved than Nolanville.

it's arguably far more beloved than Nolanville.

Not around these parts!

Remember, DX 12 beat DX 09 for figure of the year rewards or whatever. I don't want to sound like a hipster, but I reckon that the Nolan stuff is far more popular and "mainstream" than any other Batman collectibles. Things like the '89 Batman figures/vehicles or 60's Batman collectibles are always second priority.

Given more time, the popularity of TDK will even out from all the soda fizz fans spilling onto something else (Mos2?). 89 and to a lesser extent Returns will continue to hold steady and be the true standard which all other Batfilms be judged against.

Are we expecting just Batman or three DX releases of him, Penguin and Catwoman released close together? I still want my goddern Anakin DX!

Given more time, the popularity of TDK will even out from all the soda fizz fans spilling onto something else (Mos2?). 89 and to a lesser extent Returns will continue to hold steady and be the true standard which all other Batfilms be judged against.

I think I might love you. :duff

Sallah

i guess batman didn't return...........just like my dad

I feel ya, I really do.

Did hot toys actually have the rights to Harrison Ford's likeness because that figure looks nothing like him (though I remember when it was released thinking it was OK)

Personally I'd prefer hot toys to release sub par figures than none at all, and unless they are currently working on them I can see oswald being the last figure released, look how long it took to develop a body for Jake sully from avatar, in my opinion Oswald is a trickier body to make.

Not around these parts!

Remember, DX 12 beat DX 09 for figure of the year rewards or whatever. I don't want to sound like a hipster, but I reckon that the Nolan stuff is far more popular and "mainstream" than any other Batman collectibles. Things like the '89 Batman figures/vehicles or 60's Batman collectibles are always second priority.

Well said- FACT- look at what HT has been doing on Batman the last five years.

Found this Neca Custom while searching for Batman Returns stuff...

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396572962576.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396572962576.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 323
  • uploadfromtaptalk1396572985803.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396572985803.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 316
  • uploadfromtaptalk1396573021637.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396573021637.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 309
  • uploadfromtaptalk1396573045768.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396573045768.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 355
I don't agree with this necessarily. I think that the Nolan films will still have their place in Batman on film history. Sure if the reboot goes over well and Affleck's Batman is well received that might overshadow it a bit and it might be the next new big thing but that's just bound to happen with anything in pop culture. There really is no "true standard" because I think a lot of it just depends on what a person grew up with and how well a film holds up.

In that regard I think that Batman will still be one of the films that future Batman films are held up against. It's aged pretty well for the most part and is still a fairly entertaining movie. I think the same goes with The Dark Knight though and to a smaller degree (only because they aren't as popular with the mainstream audience) Batman Begins and The Dark Knight Rises. Obviously it's harder to gauge The Dark Knight Trilogy at this point because it's not as old but I see the films aging well because there's not really anything in them that should terribly date them.

I don't agree with this necessarily. I think that the Nolan films will still have their place in Batman on film history. Sure if the reboot goes over well and Affleck's Batman is well received that might overshadow it a bit and it might be the next new big thing but that's just bound to happen with anything in pop culture. There really is no "true standard" because I think a lot of it just depends on what a person grew up with and how well a film holds up.

In that regard I think that Batman will still be one of the films that future Batman films are held up against. It's aged pretty well for the most part and is still a fairly entertaining movie. I think the same goes with The Dark Knight though and to a smaller degree (only because they aren't as popular with the mainstream audience) Batman Begins and The Dark Knight Rises. Obviously it's harder to gauge The Dark Knight Trilogy at this point because it's not as old but I see the films aging well because there's not really anything in them that should terribly date them.

I agree with a lot of this. I often think how depressing it must be as a Batman fan, or a Superman fan (or any pop-culture fan) to have made up one's mind that you've already seen the "best. version. ever." of that character on screen. Once you've done that, what's the point of seeing any other adaptation of the character? It'll never live up to the ideal in your mind.

Nolan gave up a little too much in terms of the fantasy element. Ra's wasn't 600 years old, Gotham was Chicago, Bruce Wayne didn't make his own tech. It's bland and joyless for the most part. It's not that 89 can never be toppled, but it set a very high standard because it had so much going right for it at the right time. Bale was a better Wayne, but Wayne will never be as cool as his alter ego. Ledger might have been more psychotic, but he wasn't as funny or as playful as Nicholson. Zimmer might be adequate but Elfman has more talent in his pinky toe. I'm not poo-pooing just to poo-poo. Let's get real! If you want to dethrone 89, you're gonna need more than a pencil trick and magical plot devices you're not allowed to see through. As for Affleck, stoic superheroics just aren't part of his acting repetoire. He's too halting, introspective and emotional. He will have to reinvent himself, but what's crazy is he already did as a director.

Meh Nolan just took a different approach. I think at the time the way he went about it was right frankly. I think the character needed something a bit more grounded to get away from the Schumacher crapfest that was Batman & Robin and to wash that bad taste out of people's mouths. I like some of the more fantastical elements of Burton's Batman but I liked a lot of what Nolan did with his films too. It's cool if you're a Burton fanboy but let's be honest his films aren't the be all either. There are plenty of things with Burton's movies that you can nitpick too if you really wanted. Plus Burton wasn't even a fan of comics in the slightest and basically acted above the medium. He probably only did it because he thought it was something cool for his goth interests. Don't get me wrong I do like the original film he did but mostly because he didn't have much control over it and was more a hired hand director. Overall I think most interpretations of Batman on film thus far have brought some good things and some bad things to the table and I enjoy most of them (with exception to Batman Returns and Batman & Robin, both of which have very little redeeming values).

Those are too deep, I just take the best and enjoy each and everyone of them as I can, I LOVE Batman Forever and Batman and Robin just as equal as the Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Begins, THe Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises. Even the classic batman movie has a soft spot for me.

I honestly think that to get the wheels going on for this franchise is to someone to make customs of batman returns/batman and start selling them in 1/6 scale, it worked with saint seiya it can work with this, sometimes the work of pirates do seem to spur the official company to make drastic decisions into pushing a line forward to say the least. I am so tired of waiting that I would gladly buy a triple pack of The Bat, The Cat and The Penguin, ASAP. Still waiting for a longer feather pen for the mime joker custom.

Back