Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BfmLC7MCQAALefj.jpg

Why is the left eye hole on the NECA figure so much larger than the right eye hole?

If that's the way the actual cowl was, there is an example of where the manufacturer should have done a little idealizing. Looks really weird.

Same with how the cowl goes up so much higher over his right cheek.

That looks really really good. :clap

Hair's still nowhere near afro-y enough though.

Although it was shorter in BR, Keaton still had fuzz on his head - they need to watch the film again. :lol

That looks really really good. :clap

Hair's still nowhere near afro-y enough though.

Although it was shorter in BR, Keaton still had fuzz on his head - they need to watch the film again. :lol

When did Keaton have Bale hair?

He had a white man's afro. :lol

Some things are better a little idealized. I don't mind them taking a little liberty with the hair to look more timeless/less dated.

Yeah, it's still nice and curly. I just don't need it to be standing out on the sides or thinning on top.

Nice skin texture and paint, not really digging the sculpt/likeness though.

Hair looks fine. No 1/6 company gets the hair dead on, shouldn't expect it for this Bruce Wayne. Hot Toys' Bale heads have all had slicked, straight hair. Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, etc. etc. Not even close to the actual actor. They can't be, they're idealized sculpts, not strands of hair. As long as we never see the old "melted tootsie roll" hair sculpt detail Sideshow used to use, I don't really care.

Honestly people kind of exaggerate how much of an "afro" Keaton had anyways. His hair was just a bit poofy and I think naturally curly when it was longer as whenever he's had it long it's always been that way in films that I recall. It's not as if he really had some funky hairdo or something in the films I'm pretty sure that's just how his hair was.

Nice skin texture and paint, not really digging the sculpt/likeness though.

Hair looks fine. No 1/6 company gets the hair dead on, shouldn't expect it for this Bruce Wayne. Hot Toys' Bale heads have all had slicked, straight hair. Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, etc. etc. Not even close to the actual actor. They can't be, they're idealized sculpts, not strands of hair. As long as we never see the old "melted tootsie roll" hair sculpt detail Sideshow used to use, I don't really care.
You like the hair.. & not the sculpt? :lol

Ok..

Yeah, looks like a fish to me. Looks like a little lens distortion going on, but then I remembered the the unpainted proto of this in the thread that Dave pulled at Hot Toys' request. I thought the mouth and chin were "fishy" then too.

Back