Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always wanted to get photoshop, isn't it like really expensive program to buy?

I always wanted to get photoshop, isn't it like really expensive program to buy?

It is pretty crazy expensive to buy. I get it for free with my work, takes a bit of training practice to use. But once you get on top of it it's an amazing pre-viz tool. Your pic took literally 10 minutes.
Cool cowl man! :duff

I thank you again! and I am pretty damn amazed with the cowl, its even better then I expected, even with the flaws. even the back of it is gorgeus!

What I would LOVE to do is have all the cowls from 89 Returns and Forever and have them all lined up in a shelf. of course i'd love to have the suits too, but the cowls are all so amazing. I think I want to get the sonar suit cowl next. but jester FX makes them, incredible job. My cowl had some minor flaws, that's why I got it for the price I did, but they are really small flaws you really don't notice when its on. obviously you guys didn't, but I was nervous I would notice them. but it turned out excellent.

Yeah, I am totally cool with them taking off the eye makeup in Returns before the cowl removal.

I wish they didn't have that awkward shot with him wearing the mask sans-makeup. Taking the makeup off when he's cowl-less was the right move, but they could have used a camera cut in between to edit two takes together. When he's got his hand up, blocking his eyes, as he's grabbing the mask to rip it off - that would have been the perfect spot for such an edit.

My cowl had some minor flaws, that's why I got it for the price I did, but they are really small flaws you really don't notice when its on. obviously you guys didn't, but I was nervous I would notice them. but it turned out excellent.

Batman's cowl isn't perfect. He goes out and fights crime at night, it's bound to get nicks and scratches.

Batman's cowl isn't perfect. He goes out and fights crime at night, it's bound to get nicks and scratches.

haha yeah, but in the films you want to be as perfect as possible. however I am totally fine with it, that's how I look at it too.

Yeah, I am totally cool with them taking off the eye makeup in Returns before the cowl removal. Much better than if he looked like this when he took it off:

Sallah

LOLLLL that is a funny shot! I bet hes thinkin "why did I ever decide to do this movie". and the skull cap thing is actually a great idea, but hair tugs really hard when I put on the cowl and it really hurts when taking it on and off.

LOLLLL that is a funny shot! I bet hes thinkin "why did I ever decide to do this movie". and the skull cap thing is actually a great idea, but hair tugs really hard when I put on the cowl and it really hurts when taking it on and off.

Watching the whole sequence of him being stuffed into the mask that I took that grab from... You can see just how painful and restrictive that first cowl was. Makes it all the more impressive that Keaton's performance sold through it. :clap

Sallah

TDK cowl must be 100x tighter and more uncomfortable than 89 huge cowl.

TDK looks like it's about to pop Bale's head. :lol

Ah... But the segmented neck probably makes a HUGE difference for comfort. Plus, the 89 cowl was basicslly a learning experience... With the material being almost an inch of thickness over the skin in some spots.

Sallah

Ah... But the segmented neck probably makes a HUGE difference for comfort. Plus, the 89 cowl was basicslly a learning experience... With the material being almost an inch of thickness over the skin in some spots.

Sallah

You mean this. :lol

The-Giraffe-Women-of-the-Neck-Rings-2.jpg

TDK cowl must be 100x tighter and more uncomfortable than 89 huge cowl.

TDK looks like it's about to pop Bale's head. :lol

oh jeez i never liked the way the cowl looked on bale in the Nolan movies, its aesethtically very strange...I remember watching Begins and I thought the whole time the cowl looked really akward because it squished bales mouth so damn tight it made him look ridiculous when he talked, like when he said "can you drive shtwick?". It doesn't help that bale has a weird lisp. I don't get why they let that fly, did the costuming person not think "hey, the cowl is extremely tight around his mouth and its puffing out his cheeks, maybe we should make it a little bigger so he doesn't look retarded". i much prefer the look of the other cowls because they at least had plenty of room for the mouth. even in the comics they have more room around for his mouth.

Last edited:
The sig above clearly shows a continuity of marketing in the way the Bat logo was used, even through B&R. I actually always liked that, despite my opinion of the films.

There was always a "continuity of a franchise" before the 'reboot' age began. Now you can look back and prescribe parameters on films that, at their time, were not suppose to be separated from their franchise.

That said, Craig's Bond was supposed to be a full reboot, yet they kept Dench as M.

The sig above clearly shows a continuity of marketing in the way the Bat logo was used, even through B&R. I actually always liked that, despite my opinion of the films.

There was always a "continuity of a franchise" before the 'reboot' age began. Now you can look back and prescribe parameters on films that, at their time, were not suppose to be separated from their franchise.

That said, Craig's Bond was supposed to be a full reboot, yet they kept Dench as M.

Not to go too far into this argument again... But it is the bat-symbol? It isn't something made up for the films. It is the traditional bat-symbol, with elements incorporating the villain. I wouldn't look to that as proof unless the symbol was made for those particular films and not something that already existed in other media as an identifying mark for the character. Heck, that symbol isn't even used on the suits... It is just the traditional comic logo.

Sallah

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I ever posted pics here of my Forever suit, but this was my first attempt at a batsuit, and I wish I didn't have to sell it last year. this was one of the early stages, still needed fixing in some areas, but for the most part this was the finished panther suit. the gloves in particular were gorgeus, made by some guy in Belgium on ebay.

Wow, just wow!

That suit is a thing of beauty Batfreak. You certainly have the correct stature to wear well.

We may have crossed swords (verbally) in the past...but we are dead on the same page re that costume. That is super smooth! Good one my friend. Though your second photo didn't come up on my system, sadly.

Edit, got it now.

Back