Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nolan films are totally different- l can not make a comparisoon. I love them. I also love the Burton films in a different way.
Forever had incredible , well done parts with awful camp spliced in ....odd balance. Too much over the top scenes with Carrey took me out of it. Kilmer-Kidman stuff just great.

again, its a matter of opinion. to me, the batwing and batboat scenes are the definition of AWSOMENESS. hate to say it but nothing in nolans batman made me go "awesome" in the same way. I will take a bit of cheese because it usually means fun. too serious and you get the yawnfest that is nolans batman. I don't need batman to be some ultra serious phycho-analytical heavy handed NYPD wannabe. I just wanna see the batmobile as its meant to be, batman fighting over the top colorful villians and a proper comic book atmosphere.

as for Returns vs Forever, they both have there pros and cons, like any other film. but both are good batman films. in fact, the first 3 films were all great batman movies. B&R was just ridiculous, and well, while i don't hate them, I cant say im a big fan of nolans batman, too heavy with the realism and not fantastic or fun enough. I still cant accept that tank thing as a batmobile. its just not.

I agree with what you said but AWESOME for me was the tumbler chase and maybe when he drops in the tunnel at Arkham. After that, you're right, there really was no other scene like batman 89 driving through the tunnel, batboat, etc. COOL is when he flipped the truck and TDKR really had nothing that made me go AWESOME. Even the field bombing kind of fell flat for me. That's besides the point that that's not batman anyway.

Regardless of how you felt about Nolan vs Burton, I think it is clear now that we've had both, that we want a live-action version of Arkham City Batman which is really saying we want a live-action Animated Series Batman. At least that's what I want. Unfortunately so many fans would rather rehash something that is as close to Nolan's film as possible that I'm afraid they're going to hold the genre back.

Regardless of how you felt about Nolan vs Burton, I think it is clear now that we've had both, that we want a live-action version of Arkham City Batman which is really saying we want a live-action Animated Series Batman. At least that's what I want. Unfortunately so many fans would rather rehash something that is as close to Nolan's film as possible that I'm afraid they're going to hold the genre back.

Add me to this list. BTAS, and Arkham Asylum/City are the definitive versions of Batman. I hope after MoS, Warner Brothers goes this route for reintroducing Batman.

wwwaiting.gif

I dunno. I think there is a lot of us that want something new and different.

I want them to blend aspects of Keatons and Bales Wayne. The silence and introspectiveness of Keaton sitting alone in the Bat Cave looking at monitors and the playboy he plays to the pubic of Bale. Plus, I want more detective work. That's what he's supposed to be.

And another kicks *** Bat car.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Dumb question I heard rumours this was cancelled does anyone know if its still going ahead? Just reading the pages now Id love too see this happen :0

No word. Doubtful they would cancel this line, given how successful and well received the Batman 89 figures were. We are hoping to hear something at SDCC. But who knows.

Hurry up and release these. The current Robocop price tag has got me very scared as to the price of these bad boys!!

I thought Val Kilmer was a great batman/bruce wayne. He is truly one of the most underrated actors of all time. He did an awesome job in Tombstone and Salton Sea. Heck he was even badass as Iceman in Top Gun

I thought Val Kilmer was a great batman/bruce wayne. He is truly one of the most underrated actors of all time. He did an awesome job in Tombstone and Salton Sea. Heck he was even badass as Iceman in Top Gun

Yeah, I think Val Kilmer is not a bad actor but he wasn't allow to do a better job in Batman Forever, mostly because the studios was very cautious with Batman Forever and want to make it more kid friendly to sell more merchandise so Kilmer's performance was more restricted.

While my Hot Toys Batman collection will be completed with the Batman Returns series, a sonar suit Batman from Batman Forever is on my wishlist.

Back