Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember loving the beginning scene with Two-Face when he's giving that monologue. That was great. Anything after that and TwoFace is ridiculous. Waaay over the top. There were some good parts as Kilmer as Wayne too. But mostly the movie isn't for me with scenes like Deckard explained being atrocious. And B&R is unwatchable.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I liked Batman Forever. It was a fun and entertaining film.

Not comparable to Burton's first two or the TDK trilogy but I enjoyed Batman Forever.

I thought Val Kilmer did a good job too. He would've also been suitable as a "darker" Batman as well.

Did anyone see "The Shadow"? Alec Baldwin in his prime would've been an awesome Bruce Wayne/Batman.

At least we've got Carrey and Ahnuld as Batman villains so I'm ok with those movies.

It's basically Burton's fault that producers wanted campy childish fun after BR.

I remember watching/listening to the commentary of B&R, Schumacher did explain that the movie was designed to sell toys as per WB. Everything had to be shiny and bright.

I liked Batman Forever. It was a fun and entertaining film.

Not comparable to Burton's first two or the TDK trilogy but I enjoyed Batman Forever.

I thought Val Kilmer did a good job too. He would've also been suitable as a "darker" Batman as well.

Did anyone see "The Shadow"? Alec Baldwin in his prime would've been an awesome Bruce Wayne/Batman.
I know I'll probably get crap for saying it but honestly Batman Forever despite being campy is a lot better than Batman Returns if you ask me. In terms of story it's way better and was really the only one of the Burton/Schumacher films to focus a lot on Bruce/Batman. Batman Returns to me has very little redeeming qualities aside from the fact that it has a lot of cool production designs and Keaton was decent as Bruce/Batman.

I thought Val did a great job for the product he was given. Would loved him to had a more 'serious' / darker film like Keaton.

I saw Val last Fall at the convention here- well I didn't meet him but stood close to him while he came out of his booth to take pictures with two young Jedi boys...seemed like a really nice guy,

Fatman Forever :lol

val.jpg

Batman Forever was my first bootleg movie ever, I went to NY and got it for three bucks, It was the greatest feeling in the world to watch the movie over and over again(I didn't live in the US so I couldn't rent it or something) But now that I think about The riddler acted more like a Joker, which I don't know if that's a good thing. One thing that left a bad taste in my mouth from Batman Forever was the video game, but the toys that kenner made were my favorites, I had the three story batcave, the batmobile, the batwing and some figures, man, that was the best set ever!

But let's be Honest Batman Returns Catwoman defined sexy for me. As a 12 year old. Lol. Honestly I like batman returns more than the first one, it has more batman time,

The Shadow is my guilty pleasure, I think is a good movie, John Lone as Shiwan Khan was over the top, and I remember the toys from that line with the double sided cape and the glowing eyes... I was in love with Penelope miller for a while.

BnR was like wtf when I watched, but lets face it Schumaker did say that WB pointed the gun at his temple in regards to making it sell toys and frankly after hearing the commentary track in The avengers from Whedon I feel like directors don't really have a choice in regards to making their own films, since everyone and their mom, including marvel wants to throw in their two cents.

I'm glad Keaton opted out from Forever, it would have probably ruined his image from the first two batmans.

I know I'll probably get crap for saying it but honestly Batman Forever despite being campy is a lot better than Batman Returns if you ask me. In terms of story it's way better and was really the only one of the Burton/Schumacher films to focus a lot on Bruce/Batman. Batman Returns to me has very little redeeming qualities aside from the fact that it has a lot of cool production designs and Keaton was decent as Bruce/Batman.

Yea, I think Batman Forever is one of those movies that had great potential, but the bad parts in the film are just too much to overcome. It had some good stuff in it with Bruce's nightmares and issues with his parents death and **** Grayson/Robin's origin wasn't too bad either. If only the villains had been treated with the slightest amount of seriousness I think BF would have been a fantastic Batman movie, but it really does lose a lot of points due to the campy take on the characters.

EDIT: lol Seriously? I can't call Richard Grayson by his real name?

I think you need to go back and re-watch Forever again. It is total camp from, "I"ll get drive-thru" to the sillouetted dynamic duo running towards the camera in slo-mo at the end. After watching the Nolan films it is unwatchable.

its a matter of opinion, and I do not consider Forever to be completely camp like B&R. but your free to your opinion.

Nicole Kidman in next to nothing in a nightie straight up using the batsignal to try to get some sex was one of the bigger :slap moments in all of Batman moviedom. Like any random horny woman can just get up there and use the batsignal seems a bit of a security breach. Would have really really loved to seen Burton's version of this movie. Keaton back, Billy Dee as a more serious Two-Face and a black Robin, Robin Williams as the Riddler, that sounds like it has more potential to at least be something interesting in retrospect.

That moment where Kilmer flies the the Batwing through a Riddler symbol generated from lasers originating at a differant point yet still manages to break the symbol, (basically he somehow breaks light) :lol and then turns to Gordon like 2 thousand feet away on top of a building and gives him a thumbs up going like 500 mph is the definition of cheese. :lol

again, its a matter of opinion. to me, the batwing and batboat scenes are the definition of AWSOMENESS. hate to say it but nothing in nolans batman made me go "awesome" in the same way. I will take a bit of cheese because it usually means fun. too serious and you get the yawnfest that is nolans batman. I don't need batman to be some ultra serious phycho-analytical heavy handed NYPD wannabe. I just wanna see the batmobile as its meant to be, batman fighting over the top colorful villians and a proper comic book atmosphere.

as for Returns vs Forever, they both have there pros and cons, like any other film. but both are good batman films. in fact, the first 3 films were all great batman movies. B&R was just ridiculous, and well, while i don't hate them, I cant say im a big fan of nolans batman, too heavy with the realism and not fantastic or fun enough. I still cant accept that tank thing as a batmobile. its just not.

Back