Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No additional Joker versions then. No museum Joker, no green shirt Joker, no 'lounge' Joker, and no gangster Joker. Too bad. Maybe Jack only gave them the one go at it. Still, what I got is all I need.

Honestly, I prefer one version of a character and move on in most cases.

If Jack Joker sells well, I bet they milk it for all he's worth. Just like they've done and continue to do with the Ledger Joker.

With Hot Toys, nothing is for sure, just look at this announcement. They may very well have 20 Jack Jokers ready to roll out. They even suggested as such and I believe there were those comments from Yuli where she loved sculpting the figure's "heads". If she spent so much time with it, I bet there are revisions or variations Hot Toys would make available.

Sing! SINGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

bat11-21.jpg

I used the Batman TAS Penguin as a fill in as it looked pretty close but I hated the half assed movie versions. Catwoman was probably the most movie accurrate figure for all the old movies.

Yep, same here. I had the movie version but it was just that Super Powers version kit bash with the red and black suit. The BTAS Penguin was far superior.

I'm pretty sure Applause made a 1/6 version that looked just like Devito. Other than that, this may very well be the first Returns Penguin figure ever.

I just noticed a DX logo on the Batman Returns announcement. Does Batman REALLY have to be a DX again or Catwoman and Penguin for that matter. I know Batman, specifically Keaton Batman lends itself to PERS but c'mon.

EDIT:

1/4 too? WTF are ya doin' Hot Toys?

AWESOME NEWS!!!!Im getting Catwoman not matter what price is.Im not getting 1/4 scale figures.I hope HT makes Batman with torn off mask with Keaton headsculpt:pray:.No need to get 89 Batman anymore:yess:.

I'm pretty sure Applause made a 1/6 version that looked just like Devito.

That Applause was crap. There was an excellent 3" Pewter figure made of all three from the movie which I have. Still have them out. Nice pieces.

I just noticed a DX logo on the Batman Returns announcement. Does Batman REALLY have to be a DX again or Catwoman and Penguin for that matter. I know Batman, specifically Keaton Batman lends itself to PERS but c'mon.

DX 'em all. Why not, this is the last time you'll see Burton Batman 1/6 figures done this well.

EDIT:

1/4 too? WTF are ya doin' Hot Toys?

isnt it obvious though? they are just trying to dish out as many 1/4 figures as possible so that we dont have enough space or $ to buy EB's 1/4 stuffs.

Cool. Catwoman will be huge, Penguin... interesting, not so sure it'll sell big but will be Collectors item over time . Returns suit meh, but a tear-off cowl would be awesome with a Keaton sculpt.

I'm starting to think we'll see much more from the Burton line.

Catwoman-catwoman-selina-kyle-18927967-1179-1792.jpg

Dear Difabio,

I am a collector worried about buying HT 1/6 then their 1/4 comes around and pwns all. :monkey2

What to do...what to do....:gah: :dunno :gah:

I know I'm going to make sacrifices. There's literally NO way I can "collect them all". 1/4 is getting axed for me, I don't care what they put out or HOW good it is. 1/4, while cool, just isn't feasible to me. I felt bad about not getting the Enterbay Arnie, but no, ____ it. Can't do it. Not just financially but as far as space goes it's literally impossible.

TDKR will get the axe too. If I have to choose between Returns Catwoman or Hathaway Catwoman, uh, yeah, obvious choice (even if Hathaway is amazing).

Does anyone out there STILL collect every MMS and DX item Hot Toys puts out? I know there are a few people here that still collect Hot Toys specifically. My question to you is, HOW do you do it? :lol

This is so ____ing AWESOME!!!!!

Im so glad they announced this, even if they dont hit until 2013 I can have something to hold me over while we are bogged down with all the TDKR crap that they will unload.

If Jack Joker sells well, I bet they milk it for all he's worth. Just like they've done and continue to do with the Ledger Joker.

With Hot Toys, nothing is for sure, just look at this announcement. They may very well have 20 Jack Jokers ready to roll out. They even suggested as such and I believe there were those comments from Yuli where she loved sculpting the figure's "heads". If she spent so much time with it, I bet there are revisions or variations Hot Toys would make available.

Se probably did do several heads and just 1 got chosen, doesn't mean the rest will be used. Kojun showed off how he did like 10 variations of Jack Sparrow for licensor approval and in te end we just got the 2 and likely the others will never see the mass market.

Phieffer Catwoman DX? I think that'd be interesting. Regular cowled head sculpt plus another one with the deranged, messy hair look from the last scene. I'd buy it. :wink1:

I know I'm going to make sacrifices. There's literally NO way I can "collect them all". 1/4 is getting axed for me, I don't care what they put out or HOW good it is. 1/4, while cool, just isn't feasible to me. I felt bad about not getting the Enterbay Arnie, but no, ____ it. Can't do it. Not just financially but as far as space goes it's literally impossible.

TDKR will get the axe too. If I have to choose between Returns Catwoman or Hathaway Catwoman, uh, yeah, obvious choice (even if Hathaway is amazing).

Does anyone out there STILL collect every MMS and DX item Hot Toys puts out? I know there are a few people here that still collect Hot Toys specifically. My question to you is, HOW do you do it? :lol

Averone is the only collectror I know now that purchases EVERYTHING. :lol

I think he even owns my collection, I have to check. :lol

Back