Hot Toys ANH Darth Vader and Obi-Wan Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you think they will only stick to main characters? Also these first 10 are they the same as the Sears early bird releases?

The early bird release featured Luke, Leia, R2 & Chewie. :D

Star_Wars_Early_Bird.jpg

I think its going to be Han and Chewy, two Storm Troopers, Ben and Vader, Farm boy Luke and white dress Leah, R2d2 and C3po, Sand person and a Jawa, Tarkin and a death squad commander, last maybe two Red Squadron Pilots Then maybe off to Empire

Sand trooper would be cool in this mix

Obi Wan will be mine. Vader is not mine. Will probably buy the helmet online if it is indeed a HUGE improvement. I dont see how they can improve the chestboxes and the rest.

If they decide to make ESB that is.

Agreed. I've been wanting a new ANH & ESB Leia since forever. :impatient:

It will happen sir... I said it before, this will trump the iron man releases. Except with IM you can sort of skip an armor here and there and no one will know. But with SW, they will all be vital characters. good luck, time to start deciding if you all are "real" SW fans ;) JK Cause its gonna cost you...

The early bird release featured Luke, Leia, R2 & Chewie. :D

Star_Wars_Early_Bird.jpg

:slap why you!!!! :goodpost::exactly: Doesn't matter unless they release a uh what is that a deathstar guy? And a Tusken Raider/Jawa 2 pack. But they already ruined that by releasing the Troopers 2 pack oh well.

Also Snoopy what do I know? I was born in 81, empire had just come out the previous year, damn did I miss the original trilogy :(.

From the sound of it after OT HT will be moving on to PT after all. That's very cool, because say what you will about the movies, the art direction and design was fantastic. And we all know they'll be tackling EPs VII-IX hot and heavy over the next 6-7 years. For me it may very well mean selling at least half of the SS figs in the collection because HT will be the definitive line IMO.

Definitely hoping for Farmboy Luke and Princess Leia to pop up next. I really don't care if HT does droids, and in certain respects hope they steer clear. That said if they do an R2D2 and C3P0 2-pack I will be picking up. Really hope they do Tarkin. Then I'd like to see either a TIE pilot/rebel pilot (Luke or Wedge) 2-pack or a Jawas/Sandperson 3-pack.

ESB will have to bring Lando (with smiling change-o head), Boba, Yoda, ESB Vader, Hoth Luke & Han, snowtroopers, real hair Wampa. (again I'm fine with SS filling in droids, aliens and creatures)

RotJ will hopefully bring Emperor (and a throne that doesn't break), Royal Guard(s), Boba II, Slave Leia/Oola 2-pack, Jedi Luke, Han III, Skiff Lando, real hair Ewoks.

Then on to a limited PT line -- Anakin I, II & III (jedi/sith), Obi-Wan I, II & III, Amidala I & II, Qui Gon, Mace Windu, Yoda, Dooku, Jango, Senator/Chancellor Palpatine, Shaak Ti, Aayla Secura, Clone Troopers. (maybe SS could do Jar Jar, Kaminoans and Neimoidians)

Between Star Wars, Marvel movies and DC movies HT must be dancing in the halls. They are accounting for at least half my collecting budget these days.

:lol @ anyone who thought HT would somehow not obliterate Sideshows 1/6 Star Wars releases.
Hot Toys don't care about SS at all. Anyway at this stage we will all benefit, but our wallets will suffer.

Amazing announcement, Luke and Leia can't be far behind.

To be fair, as of now, all figures previewed by HT were done by Sideshow 7 or 8 years ago. ANH Luke and Leia likely being next in line would also be welcome updated as would a Jedi Luke. Unless they announce a Hoth Luke, Hoth Han, Tie Pilot or Pilot Luke, they are not competing directly with Sideshow yet.

on another subject, i believe 11 figures were rumored to be in development. Assuming ANH Luke, ANH Leia and Jedi Luke are coming, 2 characters have yet to be revealed before HT start revealing TFA products.

Love the overall look of Vader, will certainly get him.
Old Ben, not so sure. Sideshow's sculpt is pretty good, and other than that it's just a bunch of robes...

Was really hoping for Luke and Leia. Still, looking forward to seeing how these turn out, though I don't see Ben being much better than the nice SS versions people, including myself, have fixed up over the years.

Was really hoping for Luke and Leia. Still, looking forward to seeing how these turn out, though I don't see Ben being much better than the nice SS versions people, including myself, have fixed up over the years.

Very true, there are some great custom paintjobs on that excellent SS Ben sculpt, but for those who don't have such a custom it's a welcome addition. I'm looking forward to Ben more than Vader.

PERS eyelids. :lecture

Oh ****. DX figures? Cha-Ching!

So is this definitely a two-pack or separate figs?

I have a feeling they'll sell them separate and then offer something to double up similar to the way they've done with Rocket/Groot and Han/Chewie.

I love my SSC Ben, it still holds up to all of the newer figures and is perfect. It'll take a lot to get me to buy another but I actually don't have a Vader in my collection so it'll be gladly purchased just to have one.

Regardless of everything, past, present and future..."I'm ready"for all of it because it's a great time to collect star wars.

:lol @ anyone who thought HT would somehow not obliterate Sideshows 1/6 Star Wars releases.
Hot Toys don't care about SS at all. Anyway at this stage we will all benefit, but our wallets will suffer.

Amazing announcement, Luke and Leia can't be far behind.
To be fair, as of now, all figures previewed by HT were done by Sideshow 7 or 8 years ago. ANH Luke and Leia likely being next in line would also be welcome updated as would a Jedi Luke. Unless they announce a Hoth Luke, Hoth Han, Tie Pilot or Pilot Luke, they are not competing directly with Sideshow yet.
Yeah, everyone with any sense was calling ANH Vader. HT would've showed 'disrespect' to SSC if they'd previewed ESB Vader or a recent figure, IMO (which would be a stupid move given SSC is HT's biggest distributor by far -- totally don't buy that HT "doesn't care" about... money). Everything they're doing Sideshow did 5+ years ago, so whether it's SSC or HT, these characters were due for an update.

In regards to the figures, I couldn't be happier. Actually slightly more excited for Old Ben than Vader, but really looking forward to seeing the details HT will have incorporated into Vader's suit and helmet. Damn, was just adding up my pre-orders and it's brutal. Guess I can add another $500.00 to that total.

Back