Hot Toys ANH Darth Vader and Obi-Wan Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luke and Leia set would be far more tempting for me. Though I love my Snyderman Leia just fine, so maybe just Luke.

Okay, I'm confused. Are these pics of the actual figures or the actual people? I saw that Obi-Wan had his eyes closed last night, and, initially, I was going to joke that it looks like they're giving him a second sculpt, but now, I'm wondering if that isn't a joke and they actually are giving him a sculpt with his eyes closed. So, again, figures or people?

I wanted to stay out of the 1/6 game except for pieces I could add to my Jabba setup... this set will end that theory.. UGH. :)

Okay, I'm confused. Are these pics of the actual figures or the actual people? I saw that Obi-Wan had his eyes closed last night, and, initially, I was going to joke that it looks like they're giving him a second sculpt, but now, I'm wondering if that isn't a joke and they actually are giving him a sculpt with his eyes closed. So, again, figures or people?

I'm guessing two head sculpts for Obi-Wan. It's a fairly simply outfit and he most likely won't have a lot of accessories, (other than a ignited and unignited sabre,) so two sculpts isn't out of the question. Maybe it will be a two pack exclusive like Groot.

Han and Leia would make the most sense for an ESB two-pack.

:goodpost: Han Bespin and Leia Hoth would be all kinds of awesome.

I've been staying away just to reflect.

So much to process with all these announcements, & so much nerd babble to sift through.. :lol

Like a SW spa where you don't want to think about the ginormous bill just yet.

Han and Leia would make the most sense for an ESB two-pack.

That would be cool as long as it was them in their Hoth outfits. :D

f5212330eb2b01c619398be47bbf1a90.jpg

At this rate of announcements HT is forcing customers to pick a company and they want it to be them. There is no way most people will be able to keep up with SSC and HT simultaniously. Not even by picking and choosing. There is too much cool stuff outside of 1/6 scale to even try.

I forsee people cancelling their R2 and 3PO preorders and waiting patiently for the HT versions down the line. Those funds could be used for other SW HT figures coming up. Hell, it's not even close to SDCC yet and these announcements are coming at a steady pace.

Also, this HT Obi-Wan guarantees the Sideshow LSF won't sell even at 200 edition size. :lol

At this rate of announcements HT is forcing customers to pick a company and they want it to be them. There is no way most people will be able to keep up with SSC and HT simultaniously. Not even by picking and choosing. There is too much cool stuff outside of 1/6 scale to even try.

I forsee people cancelling their R2 and 3PO preorders and waiting patiently for the HT versions down the line. Those funds could be used for other SW HT figures coming up. Hell, it's not even close to SDCC yet and these announcements are coming at a steady pace.

I'll keep my Sideshow R2 because HT's probably won't come with all the extra stuff (and I need the drink tray if I am going to use him in my Jabba setup) but yeah I think Sideshow 3PO may be canceled. It is kind of weird that they are double dipping like this... Sideshow's Vader hasn't been out that long.

It would be great to finally see an accurate head sculpt for farmboy Luke that captures the youthful, innocent wide-eyed look Mark Hamill had in the first movie. By ESB (post accident) he appeared more hardened, which worked well for the storyline of rag-tag Rebels on the run from the Empire, living under harsh conditions, and of course getting whacked in the face by a Wampa. Of all the sculpts I've seen over the years Gentle Giant's probably comes closest, but is nowhere near Hot Toys quality.

So who thinks we see this set go up for PO tomorrow? It wouldn't surprise me if it did, especially at the rate HT is going.

After seeing this I am so tempted. I promised myself to hold off and don't do it. Resist the HT Star Wars line, unless the Vader is awesome. Now this may be coming sooner than I thought. Once you go SW HT you NEED the whole set. Maybe I can just get the dark side figures lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, this HT Obi-Wan guarantees the Sideshow LSF won't sell even at 200 edition size. :lol

Totally agree. I was going to get R2 as a Christmas present, but the delay has put an end to that. Upshot is I'm probably now going to cancel it. Poor work from SS.

SS are still struggling to get their SDCC reveals up for pre-order whilst HT are hitting us hard. SS are Losing the battle at the moment.

The EPVII figure release schedule will be very interesting indeed.

Back