Hot Toys ANH Darth Vader and Obi-Wan Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope this comes in 2018 lol. Already 1600 euros in pre-order

Best,

Robert

How did I miss this?!?!?!?!? OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Dome's off

On a serious note, I love seeing OBI wan already; several posts had a tone like, 'HT will never do Obi Wan....!'

And bam!!!! I'm gonna be poor.....

ObiWan is a must have...but Vader looks like it will be the new Joker from Hot Toys...I'll wait for Vader 3.0 with removable helmet.

ANH is the only Vader any SW fan will need...........waiting for the ROTJ version....? WTH

anakin-s-pain-o.gif

Why? The new Vader is one of the best Star Wars figures ever released. And Obi-Wan, especially for it's age, is nearly a perfect rendition of the character.

I really wish they'd do characters that haven't been done, or really need an update - like ANH Leia.

Agreed. I've been wanting a new ANH & ESB Leia since forever. :impatient:

I hope this is only sold as a 2-pack for $800 - let's see how the complainers like it then...

Then it'll be time for another "New high prices, how many of you are down & out?!?" thread and poll. :lol :lol

Wow I am pumped! almost bout the SS Vader 2 days ago, this make me smile. I am also missing an Old Ben!!! Awesome star Wars news!

These look phenomenal. What iconic poses as well. Hopefully the lightsabers will indeed ignite and maybe even have sound chips. While I'm not a big one for gimmicks that would be cool. I'm going to have to unload my SS Obi-Wan and a few other OT figs at some point, even though some have been repainted and modded I know I'm going to lose $, but that's the way it goes. This is pretty much the death knell for SS's 1/6 Star Wars OT line (except possibly for droids and aliens) at least for me. I'm keeping the Hoth Luke but that's about it for humans. I've wanted Hot Toys to take over the human/humanoids for years. If SS wants to stay in the game I think they should focus on droids, aliens and PT humans (but farming out the head sculpts and producing at HT size). Then use that freed up bandwidth to possibly go after other licenses. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with Beetlejuice.

The theme thus far is ANH therefore, I expect (Farmboy or X-Wing) Luke /Leia and perhaps 3PO / R2 two pack prior to merchandising starts for the new film. I hope once new series starts they don't abandonded the older films. I'd like Lando, Emperor, Yoda, Boba Fett (at least).

Hot toys stated in an interview with OSR
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Do you think they will only stick to main characters? Also these first 10 are they the same as the Sears early bird releases?

:lol @ anyone who thought HT would somehow not obliterate Sideshows 1/6 Star Wars releases.
Hot Toys don't care about SS at all. Anyway at this stage we will all benefit, but our wallets will suffer.

Amazing announcement, Luke and Leia can't be far behind.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Awesome, I may get my Hoth set after all....

Do you think they will only stick to main characters? Also these first 10 are they the same as the Sears early bird releases?

I think its going to be Han and Chewy, two Storm Troopers, Ben and Vader, Farm boy Luke and white dress Leah, R2d2 and C3po, Sand person and a Jawa, Tarkin and a death squad commander, last maybe two Red Squadron Pilots Then maybe off to Empire

Back